• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think in DmC 2 Dante should have a different personality&appearance ?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
No, you don't have sense of humor
Nonsense ! i have a sense of humor and it has nothing to do with me liking or disliking a part of game.
because you perceive this cut scene too much serious.
Dante's out of character and i don't like that regardless of how "Funny" the scene might be.
Answer like this, make me think that i'm right. :/
Only thing you're right about is your lack of English comprehension.

EnJ

Shade

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Yes, yes, yes...of course you do :troll:
you know what ?? I'm going to ignore you from now on.
....heard something about satire?
Do you have an idea about character consistency ?
Anyway, i know more languages than you.:cool:
You don't know my real name and you don't know me in real life any sort of assumption or stereotyping you make is all nonsensical&hypocritical.

Now can someone get this topic back on please ? thanks.

EnJ

Shade
you know what ?? I'm going to ignore you from now on.Do you have an idea about a character consistency ?You don't know my real name and you don't know me in real life any sort of assumption or stereotyping you make is all nonsensical&hypocritical.

Ask me something when you decide to ignore me...it's kinda nonsense.

But i'm glad for your decision ^_^ Now you should put "like" to every post where someone has thoughts opposite to mine. Just like Unknown. It's amuse me

tumblr_mq5d9rRNUH1s3o8t2o2_r1_500.gif

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Ask me something when you decide to ignore me...it's kinda nonsense.

But i'm glad for your decision ^_^ Now you should put "like" to every post where someone has thoughts opposite to mine. Just like Unknown. It's amuse me
You know, people only put 'like' to things they agree with or like the sound of. Of course someone will not like something that they do not agree with. It's nothing to do with you personally, Rockman just doesn't agree with you, like he wouldn't agree with anyone else who said similar things.

Yes, let's.

Anyway, I'm hoping DmC Dante can become a bit more serious. DmC has left it open for him to become like that. He's learned about his past, faced the hard truth about his brother now being against him, and Dante is also now trying to get to grips with what he is...however, I hope he does not continue to be in a permanent identity crisis.

I alos hope he will retain his cocky attitude, but not become a complete asshat.

EnJ

Shade
You know, people only put 'like' to things they agree with or like the sound of. Of course someone will not like something that they do not agree with. It's nothing to do with you personally, Rockman just doesn't agree with you, like he wouldn't agree with anyone else who said similar things.

I pretty sure Unknown like some posts just because those criticize me in some way. And i find it fun a bit.

2u7m1pj.gif

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I pretty sure Unknown like some posts just because those criticize me in some way. And i find it fun a bit.

2u7m1pj.gif
Well if you're getting sh!ts and giggles from it then...okay...so long as this thread doesn't turn into an argument fest.

Looking at that scene, I wouldn't mind DmC2 Dante being like that, or doing a scene like the Dante VS Agnus Shakespeare joke. That was a pretty funny scene the first time you watch it with all the over the top acting. It was supposed to be cheesy, not too serious, so I like that sort of thing once in a while.

Reactions: EnJ

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Anyway, I'm hoping DmC Dante can become a bit more serious. DmC has left it open for him to become like that. He's learned about his past, faced the hard truth about his brother now being against him, and Dante is also now trying to get to grips with what he is...however, I hope he does not continue to be in a permanent identity crisis.
They can keep his charm,change his appearance a little bit and make him more experienced and less of a character who's just trying to mimic DMC3&4's dante...
Though i don't particularly agree with this guy in the video i think he's correct about DmC's dante trying to mimic DMC3's dante.
I also hope he will retain his cocky attitude, but not become a complete asshat.
This.. this is what killed Spiderman 3 and amazing spiderman for me spiderman after getting his powers he just becomes an asshat for some reason the same problem with DMC4's dante for some reason he just lost his IQ and dignity and starts acing like an asshat.

It doesn't mean i don't have a sense of humor i just find it odd to see Dante acting like that.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Definately he went through a lot.
He lost his brother and Kat is now in his life
demons are loose and he swore to protect humanity.

If anything, his personality should be closer to DMC1 Dante by now

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Looking at that scene, I wouldn't mind DmC2 Dante being like that, or doing a scene like the Dante VS Agnus Shakespeare joke. That was a pretty funny scene the first time you watch it with all the over the top acting. It was supposed to be cheesy, not too serious, so I like that sort of thing once in a while.
I'd prefer it if they never had anything like that, again. It would have been totally out of place with DMC1 Dante (even DMC2 Dante is more consistent than that), and it ruined the character, imo.

It's fine if you thought the 4th wall-breaking scene was... funny (it wasn't even amusing to me), but it almost made me turn off the game, and I almost broke the monitor the first time I watched it on yt.

This was years before DmC, so I hated it even back then.

Personally, I think they put that scene in at the last minute because since they saw Bayonetta dancing around in confetti, they should make Dante do it too... for... some... reason.

Sales?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Personally, I think they put that scene in at the last minute because since they saw Bayonetta dancing around in confetti, they should make Dante do it too... for... some... reason.

Sales?
Was Bayonetta out at that time?

And you're forgetting DMC3 Dante did that attack in the Love Planet club on a pole like a dancer, so who's copying who:troll: Dante did it first, then Bayonetta copied it.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Was Bayonetta out at that time?

And you're forgetting DMC3 Dante did that attack in the Love Planet club on a pole like a dancer, so who's copying who:troll: Dante did it first, then Bayonetta copied it.
Wait...

In the previews, it showed Bayonetta dancing around in confetti. This was way before the game came out, when it was scheduled to be released in 2009, but got held back.

Anyway, Dante's pole play extended combo possibilities, imho -- especially when playing while in Trickster mode.

The quality of this vid is really bad. And while you can't change it, you can still make out what's going on onscreen.

Anyway, getting back to DMC4; they took out pole play and wallrun, therefore insuring you can never pull off combos quite like that ever again. It was a heavy loss for me. And it should have been for other players, but I guess they'll just say that those moves were never needed in the first place, which is a shame.

So, back to DMC3:

This was a time when they were retconning DMC3 to DMC1. They had to have a wilder version of Dante, to emphasize how much younger (and arguably more immature) he was.

Also, because this is Capcom, and they don't know the meaning of the word subtlety... not even if Mercury Steam showed them how to do it themselves (LoS arguably has one of the better stories in an action game, imho).

So yeah. Old Dante. Let's worship everything he does, even if it means giving up certain moves later on in the series.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
In terms of personality, I would say he should be someone whose interested in being a hero but not sure how to go about so he ends up being flippant or rude. So he's closer to DMC1 Dante but still a jerk.

Kind of like Spike from Buffy/Angel :cool:.

In terms of clothes i feel we should keep him away from the flamboyant fashionista that he was in 4 and keep him scruffy and unkempt. Guy's fighting demon and angels, he's got no time for shopping in hot topic.

Top Bottom