• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do You Think DmC Could Win Action GOTY of 2013?

Can DmC wIn Action GOTY of 2013

• Yes

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • No

Votes: 34 77.3%

• Total voters

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Nope, DmC will not get the vote for sure.

I can either see Killer is Dead or The Last of us getting it.

It should, but it won't, but then again, I'm not sure what the criteria is for action game? I wonder if the categories will be specific to hack and slash not just "action", I think Last of Us is fantastic, but I'd hardly call it an action game. But yeah, like I said I don't know how categories work, I would hope though Hack and Slash would have its own genre to compete in for the yearly awards.

And Yes, I voted Yes, if anyone is wondering. Unless Killer is Dead is somehow mindblowing in its gameplay, which it doesn't look like at all from the vids I've seen so far, DmC should easily win between MGR, GoW, and Killer is Dead.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
no. i'm pretty sure if anything a goty title is the last of us or dead space 3. DmC has way too much controversy surrounding it. that and (in my opinion) there weren't that many games that i found goty material. you could say metal gear but i usually feel more invested in metal gear games where as this one was just another typical hack n' slash to me. god of war might get goty because people endlessly ride the series like a dildo( which i don't know why it feels like a copy and paste of DMC, but thats just my opinion).

I agree in terms of action games or hack and slash games and games overall this year was more or less the "Year of Unmet Expectations and Massive Disappointments" especially in the hack and slash and action games. I mean DmC, MGR, and GoW:A as well as other titles failed to live up to their expectations. GOW:A was lame compared to GOW3 and many other GOWs and even had some controversy and dislike towards its style and the over-exaggerated misogamy by the critics, MGR well you know (people were hoping for too much Bayonetta/DMC quality in this title), and DmC (overhyped by critics and NT/Capcom as something amazing its basically a good action game nothing spectacular or amazing) and even though Razor's Edge was beast (my favorite action/HnS game this year) it doesn't hold much to the previous entry and serve more as an apology to NG fans for NG3.

Lets see Dead Space 3 was disappointing (it wasn't just the micro-sanctions bs but even the game itself)

Bioshock Infinite isn't as good as the critics claim it is and the game doesn't live up to all the hype from the critics and PR adds.

Deadpool was disappointing on a game aspect (it was perfect as a Deadpool fanservice product but crap everywhere else)....but wasn't expecting much.

Gears of War Judgement was ehh....Gears of War peaked at GOW3 and now they're milking it.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and Resident Evil Revelations were pretty great but those were re-releases so I don't count them.

The only games in my opinion that seemed to have lived up to their expectations and be great games were Tomb Raider, Last of Us, and Ni No Kuni. I knew there are some other good games this year (Crysis 3 and Metro: Last Light being an example) but nothing spectacular.

I mean there were good games but this year was severly lacking. Its probably just me.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Tomb Raider, Last of Us, and Ni No Kuni. I knew there are some other good games this year (Crysis 3 and Metro: Last Light being an example) but nothing spectacular.

I mean there were good games but this year was severly lacking. Its probably just me.

i dunno. metro last light was great. but tombraider disappointing me. i have been a tomb raider fan for most of my life and to me it wasn't all that. i guess i was expecting too much. i was expecting a reboot like DmC (pretty much the amazing spider-man of the videogame world). when i hear "reboot", i expect a certain amount of change. if anything this could just be labeled an origin story with assasin's creed mechs. haven't played crysis 3 yet. sounds like a good game though

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
....Me :lol:
Heh, even I would have voted no. Personally, I would have voted for "Remember Me" had it been on the list.

Yeah, I know. I'm a traitor to the cause. You're a better person than I am, Acorn. =3

kimberly_acornstory_screen.png

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Even though I liked it, I don't think it would. Let another game have that award instead...

EDIT: I'm kinda humble towards awards and all that...

EnJ

Shade
No. Because DmC has great army of haters. They will vote for anything but not for DmC. Even in DmC vs GoW vs MGR:R, game will lose (I think GoW will win) (Personally i, will vote for MGR =p).
But if in this category will also be TLOU, Tomb Raider, Killer is Dead, GTA V...."DmC is doomed"

DmC should easily win between MGR, GoW, and Killer is Dead.

Personally,I'd take MGR and GoW over DmC any day :ermm: . It isn't that I don't like it,but these games are more appreciated and yes,even I like them.
And well,you can smell the hate for it,so there is little chance for it to win.

Top Bottom