• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you need a gamepad?

Sparda™

You can use the keyboard configuration the game has.

Of course, If you are used to controllers, you can buy a gamepad.

I personally find the keyboard more comfortable.

Koemi

half-breed
a piece of advice if you are getting a gamepad (if you are using Vista): the ONLY controller/gamepad that works this far (I'd tried 5 of them - one from myself and the rest from my friends) is the Xbox 360 controller for Windows. I only have problem with Dante changing styles - it's a bit too sensitive and you have to practice a bit to press PRECISELY at up/down/left/right to get the style you want or else... ;)

Logitech has one that mimics the 360 (something called "Chillstream") but there's problem with the left analog stick so Nero/Dante can just WALK in a certain direction - which can screws you up a lot, say, in Beriel's battle. (I ended up returning that and got the 360 gamepad).

The rest [controllers] are those that looks like PS2's (even tried the one that it's a USB wire that converts PS2 dualshock controller to Windows-compatible). Those are the worst - all button configs are messed up. So messed up that I can't even config it back to the way it's supposed to be (e.g. for some reason, the L1 button sends the signal as SELECT, the default button for TAUNT; START is just not available; etc.)

Anyhow, hope you come to a solution soon and enjoy the LDK mode :D

ManOfMayhem

Woah! Thank you guys for going to so much trouble.
If I can not find the suitable game pad I will use the key board.

Durante

Dead
Gamepad is not required but recommended for better gameplay coz you wont go on with combos comfortably without a gamepad

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Not really, keyboard does the job quite well, except the only problem is style switching, which i don`t do, so it doesnt matter.
But i would like to try it out with a gamepad though.

the weird

i use my ps2 controller with a converter to usb.it works just fine. i configured it so its just like the ps2 controls for dmc 3.

Balious

I just got DMC4 for pc so I didn't have to hog my brothers PS3 to play this game.

Playing with the keyboard is much tougher then I thought it was going to be and I always play games on PC (but not DMC style type games I guess). I changed the controls straight away and only just lasted the first fight with one little bit of health left.

Being on devil hunter I should of expected a tough deal when I didnt quite know the keyboard controls but it worked on PS3 so I thought it work on here. It didn't :(

Any PC expert have tips on playing? Im good on the consoles but not so good on this version.

Top Bottom