• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you like the ending for DmC ?

Ai FrOzen

Lets Rock !
Well .. the title says it all .. Do you guys like it or not ? For me .. the ending left me with many question in my head .. such as is Dante gonna make hair like the old DMC ? Is Dante gonna open his store "Devil May Cry" ? And many more !

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
It's a cliffhanger ending, which means that it isn't the end of the road. While it may be underwhelming, it points towards a sequel and I'm interested in seeing what NT can come up with now that they are done with the origin story.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Underwhelming and Unsatisfying but unlike DMC 1, DmC opens more possibilities.

I guess this means that if there will be a DmC 2, the torch will be passed on an another developer or capcom themselves.

Ai FrOzen

Lets Rock !
What do you think DmC dlc vergil 's downfall would be ? I know the title says it all but do you think Dante will be in the dlc ? Maybe a scene where he opens a shop called dmc ? Do you think NT will explain what happen to Dante ,Vergil and even Kate ?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Vergil's downfall is something that might have a more satisfying ending than the game itself.

MedicoreR

The ending starts from Mission 19. Thats why its satisfying
But it ended little bit quick, they could have do some more.
But the way they tell how demons realized by humans is very good. (in that point i was waiting Dante opens Demon Slaying as a job)

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
What do you think DmC dlc vergil 's downfall would be ? I know the title says it all but do you think Dante will be in the dlc ? Maybe a scene where he opens a shop called dmc ? Do you think NT will explain what happen to Dante ,Vergil and even Kate ?
I doubt Dante will be featured in Vergil's Downfall. I'm guessing that Vergil will travel the demonic realm in search of an object or something that will help him beat Dante but he ultimately fails and is subdued by a high ranked demon.

Ai FrOzen

Lets Rock !
Or maybe Vergil's Downfall means he has fallen to a path of evil .. completely evil .. not even a slitghtless good in his heart .. thus becoming just like dmc3 Vergil .. all of his weaknesses gone ..

Ai FrOzen

Lets Rock !
Well I hope the dlc would be more epic than the main story(not that the main story is not epic) .. what I most want is if Vergil is talking during a scene .. the dialog would be better than the main story .. I mean the dialog for the main story is really s*cks

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
i think that verge's downfall will be about vergil becoming corrupted and transformed into nelo angelo in the process.
..or not.

EvilX-81

I kinda liked the ending, but I think it's what's beforehand that could've been handled better. I mean, we see Vergil's prickishness coming a mile away. If they'd played with that in a more middleground way, I could understand the tension between them when they fight. But it's hard to believe Dante didn't see this coming when he treats Kat like a disposable condiment and shoots a surrendered demon in the back.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The ending reminded me a lot like NT's gave, Enslaved. Humans are kept in a virtual world by a guy who thinks he is helping them, but the humans live in an illusion. The man argues that even though humans live an illusion, they are happy and safe.
But, Trip takes the humans out of the virtual world, and the humans are left with uncertainty. Illusion is what they know all their lives, so would they be able to live without illusion?
The Pyramid guy reminds me of a less angry, aggressive Mundus.
Mundus thinks humans are unable to handle freedom because when they get it, they turn on each other; citing the death of his child as an example of what humans would do with freedom. So he thinks keeping them under control his the right thing to do. He thinks that he is helping.
Then there's the whole idea of humans living in a lie. Once Mundus is gone, the way of life humans have always known is gone. Would they know what to do when all their lives have been a lie?Would they do what Mundus said, to kill and starve and start war?
They are now exposed to what could possibly be a worse danger: demons in their world and a void left by Mundus' defeat. Who would replace him?

It's a good ending, one that raises many questions about real life. It's pretty relevant to what we're going through now.

8BitHero

Scrub
I wouldn't I liked the ending, but I understood it and don't see any problems with it. The goal of the game was to defeat Mundus and they did. It finished. As for Vergil vs Dante will I don't mind that either. The game has you thinking throughout the entire game that they both wanted the same end but actually they didn't. Similar to Xavier and Magneto. One wants all the BS to end with humans to end while the other considers his own kind to be above the rest.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I found it as a cliffhanger, and that it's something for the player to figure.

To me, this all kinda more or less leads into DMC3 if you think about it.

Nekodark

I like the ending but I want to play the game fully to get to the ending for the full view, but what I have seen I liked it.

Top Bottom