• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you guys think dmc3 had the same gothic feeling as dmc1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akcolbatah

for me it was only little but the music wasn't scary as the first one, in dmc1 the enemies are way more creepier than dmc3 for sure, everytime i try to replay dmc1 i get a little spooked lol.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Not spooked as such but I agree. DMC1 does have a lot more menacing enemies and atmospheric music. The scenery is about on a par, I'd say. Arguably DMC1 has a lot of grand gothic castle halls and whatnot which is a bit more creepy than the tower of DMC3. DMC3 has more of an action focus, DMC1 has more of a balance of action and horror.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
akcolbatah;118264 said:
for me it was only little but the music wasn't scary as the first one, in dmc1 the enemies are way more creepier than dmc3 for sure, everytime i try to replay dmc1 i get a little spooked lol.

I agree. DMC1 had a more Resident Evilish feel to it. (Which is not surprizing given the fact that DMC is the result of a pending and expecting Resident Evil 4.) The demons in the ones after it were more cartoony and not intimidating at all, with the exception of a few bosses.

When part one first came out, I was still quite young so I was scared to play it at night by myself because as I said it had a slightly simimlair feel to it's older brother. But the others? Naaaah.

As an action game, it's, 3, and 4, all the way, but as a horror game, it's laughable. Part 2 was slightly creepy in a sence, but you can tell that they were starting to drift into more action and away from all the horror. Probably because Capcom wanted DMC to be more of it's own game series so it wouldn't feel like a cheap knock off of a horror game. (Note: That was not intended to bash DMC1.)

It seems that they try to be gothic putting a castle in part 4 and the ancient tower in part 3, but they definately don't give of the same vibe as the first one. (Don't get me wrong, I love DMC3.)

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
^ Totally agree. Nero Angelo scared the **** out of me when he showed up. Also, Mundus popping up with the three glowing eyes every now and then with his theme song made me get the chills. DMC3 was just a typical hack n slash (with a little "Style").

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Well I woundn't say typical. I beleive that DMC3 is unique, but definately not scary with a hard gothic feel. A tad gothic but something is missing.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
you want the opinion of a goth girl?
well sorry if you don't ur getting it lol....
I don't think of dmc as gothic games...if i did i don't think i would have started playing them when i did...i was a closet goth kid before...now i know i am full blown gothic princess....but the games i think of as gothic are clock tower, silent hill etc. not dmc....

Esura

Trish67;118485 said:
you want the opinion of a goth girl?
well sorry if you don't ur getting it lol....
I don't think of dmc as gothic games...if i did i don't think i would have started playing them when i did...i was a closet goth kid before...now i know i am full blown gothic princess....but the games i think of as gothic are clock tower, silent hill etc. not dmc....

Its ironic, I draw all my characters in Gothic gear, I draw environments Goth-like, and all my stories are Goth-esque, yet I do not dress in Gothic gear AT ALL.

I wear typical baggy pants with the typical baggy white shirt with the typical Air Force 1s on with braids.

Esura

Trish67;118558 said:
well sounds like you'll like my story Gothic Romance

Most likely.

FYI Paine from FFX-2 is my favorite fictonal Goth character, lol.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
check it out....it has nothing really at the moment to do with dmc...i may tie it up with dmc later. it is about a vampire couple, and their love for each other....

Esura

Trish67;118564 said:
check it out....it has nothing really at the moment to do with dmc...i may tie it up with dmc later. it is about a vampire couple, and their love for each other....

Vampires. I thought they died out. I havent heard of too many vampire stories as of late so I would love to read your story one day. Demons are the new rave, lol.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I reckon it had the same feel, it was just as gothic in terms of atmosphere and surroundings, the enemies were pretty dark too, just less so than DMC 1.

Esura

akcolbatah;118575 said:
i wear my short jeans with them black airforces and black proclub t shirt black t shirt all day

I had a black Scarface shirt but I bleached it. Recently I got some Big Ben Wallace shoes. Black and red.

Esura

Trish67;118578 said:
Vampires haven't died out....they are alive and real....

So is all the horny Asian girls that are allowed to stay in my room. (sarcasm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom