• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you agree with the slogan "The Customer's Always Right"?

GF9000000Returns

Yall read the title, and I mean for angry customers. Now before you say that they'll lose money if they don't please customers, I understand, I'm asking if you AGREE with the slogan. And as for me, HELL no I don't. Pleasing angry customers is like pleasing the KKK. I personally think the whole customer service industry is messed up, whether it involves food or entertainment(like game companies).

I used to work at a hotel at front desk for a few years(last year I got out of there cuz I found a shipping job at Amazon). There would be customers there who'll insult the workers and cuss us out just because some little thing is wrong, and there were times where I wanted to put them in their place, but thank god I didn't do that. One time, a co-worker of mine got fired for yelling at the customer back and a customer cussed and spit at her. I don't blame her for yelling at the customer back, cuz I understand that enough's enough. I felt really bad for her, cuz she was a good worker. That had me despise the industry, cuz customers like that think it's okay to walk all over the workers who are courteous. There's NO WAY I can emphasize with those kind of people.

Now other stuff like game companies, I'll say this right now, I WON'T lose respect for them if they decide to put their angry customers in their place if the customers decide to be disrespectful, cuz they've worked so damn hard to please customers like us. I still like Mr. T(and yall know who) after he said that he doesn't care regarding to the criticism(though I'll admit, he was a bit too cocky). Guys like EventStatus(or as some including myself would call him, ComPlain Event) think they can just disrespect game companies for making mistakes.

Like, here's the thing, it's okay to point out flaws, but don't be an @$$hole while doing it. That's why I don't yell at the workers, cuz I know how they feel, I've been there! I just politely tell them what's wrong, and then they'll fix it. It's when the workers have an attitude with me for no reason, that's when it becomes a problem.

Last edited:

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
idiot: um...yes. um...may i have the delux cheesey double stacked baconator but can you hold the bacon...and the cheese? also i wouldn't like any condiments on it. oh and can i just have ONE patty instead of two?

me: so, tell me if i got this right. you want a regular hamburger with no ketchup, mustard, or mayo?

idiot: no, i want the baconator. weren't you listening!?!

this conversation dragged on for quite some time and some unpleasant words were exchanged. in summery, i lost my job at wendy's because the customer is sometimes the dumbest person you will ever meet

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
It depends on which type of developer you are. If you consider yourself "artist", you can do whatever you want and try and sell it. You only need to understand that your whole career will consist of gain and loss, and most likely loss would be much bigger thn gain.
If you consider yourself "designer" you have to find a way to make your work appealing to customer, otherwise you are *** designer. Because being designer is meaning you CAN convince customer that your vision is right or adapt your vision so the majority will like it. If you disagree with any of those 2 points, you don't have anything to look for in creative branch :/

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Nope, if the customer is being rude, then no way should they be placated and bowed to just to make them happy. People in retail and fast food, any kind of service industry, have a hard enough job without some angry person making the job even harder.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Ha. :laugh: No. :shifty:
me: so, tell me if i got this right. you want a regular hamburger with no ketchup, mustard, or mayo?
I'm still waiting for my order. :bored:

Sometimes people will even complain after they've eaten their food to get more food. It's sickening.
So... what? You're telling me it's wrong to try and scam a free meal? :angel:

What's next, I can't dig through the dumpster anymore?? They got some good stuff in there! :jawdrop:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The customer is almost never right, because they have no idea what it means to actually be the one working in that particular job. The phrase has been used to horrible effect by people who want to and know they can cheat the system by throwing a hissy-fit, thinking they need to worry about them somehow ruining the name of the business, despite it being able to subsist just fine without one random whinger's business.

Thanks to this age of technology, I loved shutting down bitchy customers by saying that the computer is just not programmed to let me do that. Another great thing was when they would complain about us not doing something, and then leave the store. We would call the other stores in the area to tell them what that customer was trying to do, and we'd later get a call back that they tried it there, too.

In regards to developers, there's a lot of people who complain about things not being a certain way, without having any actual knowledge of a how coding works, or the finer, more important details of game development and the resources that go into it.

Guys like EventStatus(or as some including myself would call him, ComPlain Event)

Man, that name really stuck with you guys, didn't it? :tongue:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
While people may complain of how you shouldn't do everything customer demands, if you act childish like scream, swear or just walks away because you don't like how customers or your colleagues act, you just unsuited for that kind of job. You either calmly resolve a problem or let it slide or talk with your chief, since nobody will gain if you throw sissy fit because of customers, since in other customers' eyes you are the one who is wrong (even though it isn't though) and as worked you carry responsibility for the place you work at. If you aren't able to carry that responsibility you better off to work in places where you don't deal with customers.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Darwin said right thing, and while it hurts, it still true. The most adaptable survive. If you're not able to deal with backlash, criticism, problematic clients, etc, etc It would be better not only for you but for everyone else, if you just stay away from interaction with clients, otherwise you always be one to take fall for everyone.

GF9000000Returns

While people may complain of how you shouldn't do everything customer demands, if you act childish like scream, swear or just walks away because you don't like how customers or your colleagues act, you just unsuited for that kind of job. You either calmly resolve a problem or let it slide or talk with your chief, since nobody will gain if you throw sissy fit because of customers, since in other customers' eyes you are the one who is wrong (even though it isn't though) and as worked you carry responsibility for the place you work at. If you aren't able to carry that responsibility you better off to work in places where you don't deal with customers.

You're right about that. I agree that if you really have nothing to lose, then you should work on how you handle it(after all I worked in a hotel for 3 1/2 years before I found a warehouse job), and if you're gonna be a bigger beeyotch than the customer, then you should just quit. That's the objective truth. But like I said, I don't blame the workers for going off, cuz sometimes enough's enough.

idiot: um...yes. um...may i have the delux cheesey double stacked baconator but can you hold the bacon...and the cheese? also i wouldn't like any condiments on it. oh and can i just have ONE patty instead of two?

idiot: no, i want the baconator. weren't you listening!?!

LOL! I witnessed a indecisive woman at Mickey D's and the line was pretty long. I even was standing behind her.

Fool: So...what do you think I should get? The Club combo or the Filet-O-Fish combo?

Guy at register: Hmm... I dunno it's all up to you ma'am.

Fool: HOW THE @#$& CAN YOU NOT KNOW? You eat their food, do you?! I'm outta here! This place has bad service!

Yep.

Top Bottom