• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do we deserve a DMC 5 or DmC 2?

Reign

Actually, I wrote my comment because I saw yours on the 2nd page and wasn't willing to read through the several page-long multiquote bonanza this thread turned into, so I wrote it without quoting at all.

I literally scrolled up to find you squashed between. Lol, it's nothing to do with you though. We agree upon the same things.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@WolfOD64 @Veloran
May I invite you guys to stop before your usual exchange of fairly unrelated uber long posts begins and a mod intervenes? :laugh:

It's what happened in the Vergil thread, and what killed it. Let's try to avoid that end for this one.

Reign

Rather than focusing on what the fans deserve and the series deserve, maybe it's better if we just focus on reacting to whatever happens.

Then do so in silence?

Or do you mean how we'll behave? Lol people can't help themselves. It's why we're in the predicament we're in now.

People literally spent time trying to calm down others about something that was meant to be in our favor. It was like holding back a dog from barking at another dog that was in a cat costume.

Viper

Premium
Rather than focusing on what the fans deserve and the series deserve, maybe it's better if we just focus on reacting to whatever happens.
But nothing is happening, hence why the thread is about a hypothetical situation. :'(

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Sorry just going through sone stuff.

@Reign @Foxtrot94 @Viper what i meant is just worrying about the fans deserve or what the series deserve usnt really worth it because that doesnt factor into what we'll get.

They'll do what ever us in their own interest so we should do the same.

Reign

Sorry just going through sone stuff.

@Reign @Foxtrot94 @Viper what i meant is just worrying about the fans deserve or what the series deserve usnt really worth it because that doesnt factor into what we'll get.

They'll do what ever us in their own interest so we should do the same.

Question is, it's not a worry about what fans deserve, it's what YOU feel fans deserve based off of what's occurred before. If you don't wanna think about that, then

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Reign
Alright.

I think we deserve another fun adventure with Dante and the rest. I'd say just do a crossover between the two different canons so both sides are happy.

Its not DMC5 or DmC2 but hey it's something

@Viper what kind of trends would you like to focus on?

Reign

I think we deserve another fun adventure with Dante and the rest. I'd say just do a crossover between the two different canons so both sides are happy.

In my opinion, that wouldn't do. The fanbase was divided because a lot thought DmC was to replace DMC, people hated everything about DmC, trying to spinkle it onto DMC would be hate inducing. Placing them into the same game would cause another storm.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Personally speaking, I felt as though Lords of Shadow failed narratively on almost every level. Particularly because the game is effectively about the origins of Dracula, and they only remembered that Gabriel needed to turn into a vampire in time to make the DLC.

I agree with you 100% when it comes to the plot regarding the DLC. It felt blatantly shoe-horned in, and actually has a lot of narrative elements that directly contrast with a lot of what was established in the core game. The way they actually explain Gabriel’s ascension to Dracula is one of the most facepalm-worthy things I’ve ever seen: he literally leaps in front of someone else to absorb a wave of hellish power. That’s borderline Looney Tunes logic right there. And I could spend another week ranting about the narrative Hindenburg that was LoS2, but I blame that mostly on internal developmental hindrances over at Mercury Steam than anything else.

But as for the core story with the main game, I think it did a pretty sound job with its story, especially for a game in a genre where the story is typically an afterthought, or laughable in terms of execution. I thought the game kept a good balance between exposition and narrative flow, with Gabriel facing the harsh truth of the world and the Order with each Lord of Shadow he confronted, actually questioning his own morals and principles along the way. To me, that’s the transformation into Dracula that the writers were trying to establish, and I loved the way they did it.

I’d like to see someone take the same approach to DMC’s story, and hoist it to the same kind of epic, satisfying level. Even if you don’t like Lords of Shadows’ story (which I take no issue with), I’d at least offer the venture to agree that DMC tell not the same KIND of story, but take the same approach to the flow of its narrative, and the tone it was trying to achieve.

I thought even DMC4 did that much. Every time you got to a new locale the ambient music and atmosphere would change.

Very true. DMC4 did establish its locations relatively well, but I wouldn’t consider it on the same level of ambience of Lords of Shadow or even the first Devil May Cry. I’m not sure what it is, maybe it’s the emphasis on more epic music the deeper you plunged into Mundus’ Castle, or me being jaded from retreading the same locales in 4 simply draining my enthusiasm for the locales at all.

The one location I felt really teamed with the essence of what was going on with the story was Nero approaching the Order’s Tower, with its emblem sprawled up high on the front. That really struck me as the protagonist running towards the place where all the answers were buried.

But those moments seemed scarce to me in 4, and more present in LoS and DMC1. But again, my experience with these games isn’t universal.

RE6 gets kind of a bad rap, for two reasons - It went full action game and basically abandoned any pretense of survival horror, and despite the crazy situations they're put in the characters hardly ever have any levity. Change a few details around and it would be a very good RE.

You’re actually talking to someone who likes it when RE jumps the shark and becomes full-blown, nonsensical action. See, I have my gaming origins rooted firmly in the arcade, so I love high-octane arcadey action like House of the Dead and Time Crisis, and that’s what 4 & 5 felt like to me.

But to me, 6 not only seemed to create mechanics and gameplay elements that didn’t work, trying to desperately add third-person shooter elements to a combat system built around the arcade-like shooting of RE4 and RE5, but it also seemed like it was taking itself suicidally-seriously. There’s government conspiracies, betrayals, conflicting goals, some cringey romance building on the side...and none of it worked. And before you regale me about the story being “self-aware”….Capcom themselves labeled RE6 as a “dramatic horror” game, emphasizing on how dead-serious the story and character interactions were. That’s the whole reason for the spider-webs in the intro: to lock inter-webbing characters and stories into one massive plots.

All of that, plus the game didn’t feel very polished. Say what you will about RE5, but aside some buggy AI, the game felt slick, stylish, and above all finished. RE6, from its ugly textures and NPC character meshes, the complete absence of a proper shop system, and suffocatingly-narrow hallway approach to its levels, reeks of a game that was rushed to store shelves, and not given the development time it needed.

All to secure the sales “rivaling Call of Duty”, as Capcom so loudly opined their desire for the game.

It is true the games are more about gameplay than story, but in my opinion the issue was the level of emphasis placed on the story. In DMC the story wasn't very intrusive and could be enjoyed both on a surface level as a goofy tale about demon slaying or more if someone really wanted to get invested. With DmC it was stressed as central much more from the very beginning, and gameplay is interrupted with cutscene more often than even DMC4. I think it is valid for people to have not particularly been interested in DMC's story yet still have been put off by the changes introduced in DmC.

I’d be compelled to agree with you, if Capcom themselves didn’t put such a large emphasis on the story in DMC3-4. They hired American script-writers and upped the budget on motion-capture precisely because they wanted to make the story more of a focus in the game. Hiroyuki Kobayashi himself stated that he wanted the cutscenes in 4 especially to stand so well on their own, that a bypasser could compile them into one big video, and pass it off as a big-budget Hollywood production with well-written characters and a serious plot.

Capcom themselves are taking the plot just as seriously as the fans do. It’s just a matter of whether or not they can answer the questions fans want answered, or can deliver in terms of development or fleshing out characters.

The only difference is that DmC integrated its story in its gameplay, and I’d argue that’s more of a side-effect of having Western developers. You’ll notice in a lot of Japanese games, especially hack-n’-slash games, that there’s a clear divide between cutscenes and gameplay, or nothing in the gameplay ever transitioning smoothly into cutscenes. This is usually because of the developers using the PS2-era method of having separate engines for gameplay and cutscenes, with very obvious loading times in between (the Yakuza series is a very prominent example of this). DmC, on the other hand, had the bulk of its cutscenes in-engine, which is why, for-instance, if he strikes a boss, it’ll switch to a cutscene almost seamlessly, since they’re running on the same engine.

This is also why you’ll rarely see a DMC game where any story-centric dialogue or verbal thought is expressed by Dante or Nero in-game, or outside of any cutscenes.

I’m not saying it’s bad, because I like plenty of games that take this approach, like Yakuza, it’s just something I’ve noticed.

I don't think that's much of a retcon. In fact Dante went through basically the same character evolution in the Kamiya-approved novel. Overall, I think it's Dante shifting from a mindset of revenge to a mindset of justice.

The difference is that in the Kamiya novel, it’s implied that Dante’s suffering from mild amnesiac illness, in the same fashion that Dante suffers in DmC, which perfectly explains some of the missing pieces to his motivation.

And honestly, I don’t see how shifting from revenge to justice even works in DMC3, seeing as how it’s stated in DMC1 that he started his demon hunting business expressly for revenge. If anything, that kind of growth happens in DMC1 where Dante shifts his motives to carrying out his father’s legacy as an enforcer of justice, when he sees Griffon get mercilessly executed by Mundus.

I don’t know where that happens in DMC3 or why it should, given everything the first game establishes. It’s “the importance of family” that’s revealed to Dante throughout 3, which I take extreme issue with given how that was established in the first game as his entire life’s pursuit from childhood.

Unless facing Vergil at the end for more heroic reasons instead of “for the fun of it” like before (or any poorly explained rivalry motivating their past fights) constitutes as being more just. Which in that case, makes some sense, giving how he’s preventing Vergil from tainting their father’s legacy and absorbing enough power to become a threat to the world.

That would make some marginal sense, but like the rest of DMC3’s plot, it’s a narrative conclusion that takes a mile of mental gymnastics to reach because of how disjointed and sloppy the actual execution is.

Hasn't the Devil's Lair forum been dead for like four or five years? I'm not sure how people could have disagreed with you on the topic in such a way as to warrant such a grudge.

I mostly refer to Devil’s Lair because it represented, in my opinion, the worst hive of one-minded DMC fanboys I’ve ever encountered. You and many other people on these forums can and have been miles more civil in comparison, but my experience in those days is such a perfect representation of the people I’ve had these kinds of arguments with, and have been shut down purely because of their preferences and bias towards the material, not because of any argumentative legitimacy.

My days as a fan started there, at that irrational echo-chamber of hypersensitivity, so whenever I think of the worst example of the DMC fanbase and the kind of arguments they give, that site is always the example to turn to

Personally I've never really thought any threat to Dante's life was ever intended to be an aspect of the plot or a reason for the player to be invested.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be a threat to Dante’s life. He’s so powerful that no enemy intimidates him or forces him to work at getting stronger, or provide room for any development for him. He rarely expresses anything outside of confidence towards everyone and everything he meets, that we as the audience won’t be invested with the knowledge that he’ll just stomp the insurmountable demon or god he’s facing….without it even being a challenge. Even if it doesn’t threaten his life, he still has nothing to lose if he fails, because he’ll win each and every time.

It robs the plot of any tension or suspense, and confines it to being boring, repetitive, and predictable.

There are characters in fiction like Alucard and Spawn who are extremely powerful, but still run into narrative dilemmas and threats even larger than them or by losing or winning in a way that didn’t give them the victory they were hoping for, to give them a chance to develop or provide insight to their character.

That’s what Dante lacks. He’s a one-note, uninteresting, victory-machine that has room for proper character development even WITHOUT having his life threatened.

From the very beginning of DMC1, danger to Dante himself was not the issue, either to him or the player, and the fact that he has nothing to lose is actually one of the central points of his character, to the point that he's often described as either exceedingly overconfident or dangerously suicidal, acting with no regard for his own life.

….but he had something to lose. He expressed frustration or caution frequently whenever confronting someone like Nelo Angelo, who actually succeeded in overpowering him and catching him off-guard in their very first fight. He becomes desperate and hell-bent as soon as sacrifices like Vergil and Trish build up, and races after Mundus with the intent to bring his emotional investment to a close.

Even if DMC1 Dante’s life was never in danger (which I would argue, it actually was in a number of instances), he had things to lose, and strong motivations that him relatable enough to want to see the story through.

DMC3 and the anime have NONE of that. The only place where the lack of it works is DMC4, and that’s only because he’s not the central protagonist of the game, so his carefree attitude and level of experience were not only less intrusive, but necessary for a story riding on someone as ill-equipped as Nero.

I think it's actually integral that for the vast majority of the time, Dante be relatively flippant and unconcerned about the threats facing him, because that is not where drama in the plot is derived from.

My problem is that the drama that ensues barely involves Dante, precisely because he has nothing to lose in any of it. He’s never in danger of failing at his mission or even expressing concern or anxiety at what he’s doing. It’s difficult to relate to someone that detached and “too-cool-to-care”, because if he has no reason to care, why should we?

I understand it doesn’t bother everyone, and I’m probably in the minority on this. But it’s something that consistently makes the story of these games seem extremely lacking, and takes all the personality of these characters and the narrative potential bursting from them and just throws it all to waste.

I'm pretty sure that's because most of the fanbase doesn't have the opinion that he's poorly written.

Understandably so. And I take no issue with conflicting opinions, as long as people aren’t hostile about an opinion some deem to be unpopular. And personal experience with the worst of the DMC fanbase has taught me the scarcity of that mindset within the bowels of its rabid and infuriated whorls.

Rather than that being a plot hole, I think it is actually the crux of Dante's character post-DMC1, and his lack of motivation and a need for trouble to occupy him has direct, negative ramifications. This eventually leads to his persona in DMC2 of simply rushing to get the job done without much fanfare or emotion.

I don’t consider it a plothole, so much as wasted spot of potential to give Dante something new to motivate him. Killing Mundus was his primary directive, sure, but that didn’t have to be his ONLY one.

That was the only mission that inspired any passion or commitment out of him, and in just about every mission or task he undertakes afterwards, he doesn’t present any substantial evidence of caring whatsoever.

You can give him new motives, something new to care about, something new and impossible to work for…with the right kind of creativity and thought that, frankly, Capcom doesn’t seem willing to implement.

I don't believe this is something that should be dropped in favor of simply depowering Dante, offering him a more threatening scenario, or removing him altogether, but rather it's an aspect of his character that should be further expounded upon and explored.

I’d be completely down with that. If they decided to actually home in and make that an integral element of the story, him moving on from the one thing that gave him a drive to fight demons in the first place, it could make for an excellent story arc in Dante’s career.

If you set it just after DMC1, just exploring the early days of him fighting alongside Trish, and give him a wayward mentality aimed at finding something new to fight for…it would make for a good side-story, or even a flashback for a future game.

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what the anime could’ve been used for, but I could write a college thesis about how much wasted narrative potential was in THAT agonizing, missed opportunity of a show.

EDIT: @ the mods undoubtedly about to read this, there is no argument going on here, and I actually agree with a number of @Veloran's points. With the exception of some discussion of other games towards the beginning of the post, most of this is on-topic as well.

Reign

@WolfOD64

I mean, we haven't gotten a clear answer from you, whether you feel fans deserve a continuation based off of what has been done. Just you saying "Well I don't think we should focus on it." and that you think a continuation is coming, isn't an answer, it's diverting from it.

Can I get an answer from you? I mean, you can continue your conversation that's fine and all, but to be on topic you're gonna have to bring up a "yes or a no", because right now, you are indeed derailing the thread.

I did tell you to stay on topic prior to this btw.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

@WolfOD64

I mean, we haven't gotten a clear answer from you, whether you feel fans deserve a continuation based off of what has been done. Just you saying "Well I don't think we should focus on it." and that you think a continuation is coming, isn't an answer, it's diverting from it.
Whoops, I missed that post from you earlier. :tongue:

My answer is that some fans think that the series can cross over with DmC, or that the next game should continue where the reboot left off...and I think what the series really needs is to to proceed with the original continuity, since that has more pressing questions to answer, and has been on hold for practically ten years.

Out of the two of them, I think that branch of DMC needs more attention from Capcom at the moment, especially with how open DMC4 was for future plot threads. As a fan, I'd like to see DmC continue, but I can acknowledge that what the series needs is to properly address everything that DMC4 left open.

I hope that clears up my stance on all of this.

And I don't think I've swayed off topic in the second half of my prior post. We are discussing what the series could use, correct? Plenty of people have elaborated on a lot of what I'm talking about in previous posts on this same thread, especially regarding the series' desperate need to raise the standards for writing and character development.

Reign

Whoops, I missed that post from you earlier. :tongue:

My answer is that some fans think that the series can cross over with DmC, or that the next game should continue where the reboot left off...and I think what the series really needs is to to proceed with the original continuity, since that has more pressing questions to answer, and has been on hold for practically ten years.

Out of the two of them, I think that branch of DMC needs more attention from Capcom at the moment, especially with how open DMC4 was for future plot threads. As a fan, I'd like to see DmC continue, but I can acknowledge that what the series needs is to properly address everything that DMC4 left open.

I hope that clears up my stance on all of this.

And I don't think I've swayed off topic in the second half of my prior post. We are discussing what the series could use, correct? Plenty of people have elaborated on a lot of what I'm talking about in previous posts on this same thread, especially regarding the series' desperate need to raise the standards for writing and character development.

Didn't ask you that. Do fans deserve a new game based off of what's happened? Not, what do you think will happen with the series if it continued. It clears up nothing. Lol.

The reason you believe that you're in the clear is based off of ignoring the topic and just jumping in. People elaborated on what they think should happen after answering the topic question. If you don't have an answer then what's the point in you posting in here in the first place?

I'm crossing my fingers that you'd be "dedicated" enough to rat others out that I may have missed. Happy scrolling.

I do wanna say that the job of keeping this topic on topic is not ours and the lack of reinforcement is because of a petty reason (I bet). So odd though, there is a mod here and yet it's not a useful one or one that ever contributed to the topic even after posting in this very topic.

Must be off the clock right?

So what does this place do when a mod assisted in the derailing of a thread and just altogether did nothing to stop it?

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Reign: Seriously give it a rest already.

You're not high and mightier than anyone else, no matter how much you think it. Wolf has answered the question. If it's not satisfactory enough for you, then don't go asking questions in the first place. How about that?

I mean, you could sit there and try to cause unnecessary silly little quarrels with other members because they don't give you an answer that you personally desire, or you could just let people go about posting their thoughts when it's really not likely to do you any harm.

Or wait, are we missing the point here? Is this some "I'm better than everyone else. I've got the right idea of what questions to be asking because I'm smarter. Nobody else knows what they're talking about" kind of threads? The type of thread that someone with other intentions might create just to cause more unnecessary drama, just kind of like the other topics you've derailed by bringing up irrelevant and unrelated points. And don't give me that whole "Hey, everyone is derailing" rubbish that I've seen you do. You're not one to talk when it comes to that, since you've done it yourself. Please, let's try not to be too hypocritical.

Obviously since everyone else has given answers and been civil enough you've tried to turn things around and bait people into arguing. You've picked on Z128 and WolfOD64 in this thread so far, and neither of them have given you any excuse to do so. Don't go looking for trouble, because you will find it, and you won't like it when you do.

Reign

@Reign: Seriously give it a rest already.

You're not high and mightier than anyone else, no matter how much you think it. Wolf has answered the question. If it's not satisfactory enough for you, then don't go asking questions in the first place. How about that?

I mean, you could sit there and try to cause unnecessary silly little quarrels with other members because they don't give you an answer that you personally desire, or you could just let people go about posting their thoughts when it's really not likely to do you any harm.

Or wait, are we missing the point here? Is this some "I'm better than everyone else. I've got the right idea of what questions to be asking because I'm smarter. Nobody else knows what they're talking about" kind of threads? The type of thread that someone with other intentions might create just to cause more unnecessary drama, just kind of like the other topics you've derailed by bringing up irrelevant and unrelated points. And don't give me that whole "Hey, everyone is derailing" rubbish that I've seen you do. You're not one to talk when it comes to that, since you've done it yourself. Please, let's try not to be too hypocritical.

Obviously since everyone else has given answers and been civil enough you've tried to turn things around and bait people into arguing. You've picked on Z128 and WolfOD64 in this thread so far, and neither of them have given you any excuse to do so. Don't go looking for trouble, because you will find it, and you won't like it when you do.

You wanna do this now? I don't think I'm high and mightier than anyone else, for now, it's just you. Do your job. I'm abiding by the rules even now. I'm doing my part, do yours.

Wolf answered nothing in the OP. You answered nothing in the OP. Do your job.

That feeling that I'm trying to start anything negative is from your laziness to open your eyes. People are off topic MOD, do your job.

Drama? Where is it? You're the only one here looking to indulge yourself in it. Since you don't do PM, I have to address your lack of keeping things on the rail? Well that's just DAUNTING. You did it in the other thread, why play bias here? I've done it before? Could you point me to where or should I point you to the nearest exit?

Then you threaten to take action because you think I've been baiting people? Nobody here has said to me or PM'd me a "Hey man, wtf?" Because what I've said has been sound and it may scare you, but it isn't a bait and it's obvious by the responses. I don't mind Wolf, I don't mind Z128, they are fans and they have opinions in which I respect and can respond to. If I don't agree with anything anyone has said here, then I'd have a hefty and reasonable explanation. Nobody takes it to heart or that I don't like them. Stop trying to paint an elaborate picture with one color.

You're being extremely delusional and you're still not doing your job, you're literally derailing this thread due to your lack of not doing your job! You can't argue that. You sat there and let it get to the point where I had to say something. Then you're upset that I did? Are these your bffs? Should I had gift wrapped it?

What? You quit or something? Then turn in so I can stop being disappointed in you. I don't care if you hate me for whatever petty reason you may have. You don't like my character, that's evident by your actions. At the end of the day, you still have to do your job.

Funfact: I just made a status about bias and I didn't think about anyone here when I did. Now it pertains to YOU. Go figure.

The only MOD that wouldn't have a private conversation that could've gotten us somewhere. I ask that everyone refrain from saying anything to escalate or deescalate this MOD. I'm completely fine, this cannot be the representation of the entire team. I would know, I've spoken to them, not about this fit I'm enduring, but I have. They are like minded people and would know how to deal with this sudden outburst from this MOD. Surely, they'd know what to do, all we have to do is believe. (Right Parappa and Naruto plushies?) Don't drag yourself into this whether it be pro Mod or pro Reign.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

I can see I’ve indeed swerved a bit off topic in a sense, given how the original post was so closely regarding fan reactions more than the series’ actual direction. It’s just that a few pages in, the conversation really started leaning towards what directions fans wanted the series to go, and I felt THAT was a point of conversation I could contribute to.

To properly answer this time, @Reign, my apologies for misinterpreting your question, is that painting the entire fanbase in one color based on the feedback to DmC would be the worst thing Capcom, or anyone could really do.

I have some very strong opinions about the DMC fanbase at large, but treating the entire fanbase as one entity with the same opinions is not only quick and hasty, it’s also ignoring the diverse tastes of fans in the fanbase.

Not everyone blasted DmC for the same reasons. Some people hated the mechanics more than the story, or the simplified combos and ranking system, and the original version’s 30fps lock…all of which are perfectly-reasonable complaints, I might add. Some, not all, but some people were very rational about what they wanted, and criticized the reboot from some very understandable grounds.

Was the bulk of DmC’s reception juvenile, hypersensitive, and irrational beyond belief? In my experience, yes. But that doesn’t mean the WHOLE fanbase is like that….

That side of the Devil May Cry fanbase has existed FOREVER. People blasted Reuben as the new VA for Dante when 3 arrived, then people raged about 4 having a new protagonist that shouted the name of his love interest too often (yes, that’s actually a complaint leveled at the game as a whole), or even things like them porting 4 to the 360, which actually stirred a rage just as enraged and irrational as the reboot’s reception, purely because they were porting it to something other than a Sony console (which is ludicrous, as DMC3 was ported to PC a year after release. A port spoken about in the shadowy coils of nightmares, mind you, but a port nonetheless).

Not all fans in this community are the same. We have people that prefer the first game’s Dante, or the third game’s combat and weapons, or the fourth game’s slicker controls and improved camera, and yes….people that prefer the new Dante, and the new mechanics in the reboot. I fall in three of those categories, but wouldn’t dream of speaking for the whole fanbase, or even the majority. To deny or grant a DMC game based solely on the usual outcry from a fraction of the fanbase that I and many other people would NEVER associate ourselves doesn’t make a lick of sense. That’s punishing the entire classroom for the misconduct of a few students.

I didn’t send anyone death threats. I didn’t call Taneem and the rest of Ninja Theory hacks or every vile word in the English language over doing the job Capcom paid them for. I didn’t cry foul at them changing a character who, in my opinion, had been tarnished beyond recognition LONG before the decision to reboot the series even entered the mental framework of Capcom’s skulls.

Why should I get punished when I did none of those things? I LIKE both versions of the series, and have been rational about it. Why should I be denied outright to get a game when I’m willing to give it a chance?

The series deserves a new game regardless of which voice in the fanbase made the biggest fuss about the last one. The bulk of fans deserve that much.

TL;DR

All fluff and philosophy aside, Capcom loves money, and DMC makes them money, so they’ll make a new game whether fans deserve it or not.

(I just hope they make one set after 4, because that’s the universe with the more open-ended and unresolved questions).

Top Bottom