• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMD Help

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Does anyone here have any general tips for playing DMD? I've just defeated Credo (without using items, no less) so the bosses are no problem to me, but the enemies are kicking my ass! Any tips for the Alto Angelos that are doable by someone who isn't very good?

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I'm assuming you mean with Nero? unfortunately they're one of the more difficult enemies with him.

I only really know a couple of ways to get cheap shots and it's all about the Buster but you prob already know these, like as they spawn if you are quick enough you can get them with High Roller and it will get them on their back for a Buster grab (not very useful when there is a lot of enemies but if it's just one Angelo and a couple of Bianco you should be able to get it without being bothered) alternatively as they do their dashing sword attack, I believe Neros DTE? would knock them up so you can get another Buster, other than that just get in as many Charge Shot 3s as you can and Buster their shields as much as you can (it damages it a lot)

As Dante they are a bit easier if you don't mind taking a couple of hits. Use Omen as it takes away their shield even when it has no charge and on DMD. Just go DT so you don't flinch and use it then and when their shields are gone use a quick Beast Uppercut followed by Distorted Real Impact and it will kill them. Make sure you Distort just before the second hit of Real Impact as it does most damage that way.

Beast Uppercut followed by RI is a really useful broken combo that will kill almost everything and comes in real handy in DMD or BP if you want to race through the early levels to stock up some time for the later ones.

As far as general DMD tips it really depends on what part of the game you're at and what enemies are there, every part has a different tactic. But if you are playing as Nero make sure you have shoot mapped to the right trigger so you can charge shot regularly.

Well done for beating Credo, don't worry if you can beat Agnus on mission 6 you can do anything in that game!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm currently stuck in a tiny room (the Key Chamber, I believe) where there's a HUGE swarm of Gladii along with an Alto Angelo and two Bianco Angelos. They would be no trouble for me if the Gladii weren't there, but since there are so many, I can't keep them offscreen so they don't attack.

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
If you are with Nero Grab them with the arm and lock onto another gladii and they destory each other.With Dante...Try destroying them with either Gunslinger style or Dark Slayer.Both work.
Also the place is torture chamber i believe.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I know the room you mean DT, it's the one with the lazors where you get the Key of Chronus. The closest spawn to that in the Torture Chamber is Gladius and Scarecrows.

Hold can be a useful technique in that room just grab a Gladius and use it as a shield, it can be a it risky though cause if you do end up getting hit you will lose your shield. I would try and stay away from Buster grabs unless you DT a Gladius it won't really do too much damage and in that room the recovery time will punish you. Your best friend in this situation will be the invincibility from Neros DT, the hit does a fair bit of damage and it shouldn't be too hard to regain DT quickly from the flying squids. Charge Shot 3s and Exceed attacks also work really well against them.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I know the room you mean DT, it's the one with the lazors where you get the Key of Chronus. The closest spawn to that in the Torture Chamber is Gladius and Scarecrows.

Hold can be a useful technique in that room just grab a Gladius and use it as a shield, it can be a it risky though cause if you do end up getting hit you will lose your shield. I would try and stay away from Buster grabs unless you DT a Gladius it won't really do too much damage and in that room the recovery time will punish you. Your best friend in this situation will be the invincibility from Neros DT, the hit does a fair bit of damage and it shouldn't be too hard to regain DT quickly from the flying squids. Charge Shot 3s and Exceed attacks also work really well against them.

Thank you. I suppose I should stock up on Devil Stars then, I'll need them.

Blitz

Heeeeey.
As Nero, hmmmmm. I think the best way would be: jump,Snatch on alto*land behind him*, high roller, follow up, buster.

Top Bottom