• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5: SE Special Edition is finally here!!! AND I'M FINALLY FEELIN' MOTIVATED!

Hungry Alien

Find me a game that didn't have flaws lol just because a game have flaws dosent mean its incomplete, incomplete is when whole level are missing or cut like resident evil 3 remake or metal gear solid v phantom pain
Flaws don't make a game incomplete, every game that was ever made have flaws

In my country miles morales price is 60 euro that's why i thought it was 60 dollar, so in my country the price is higher niceee lol
Incomplete isn't the right word. I think unfinished on some part fit better the feeling about DMC 5 for some people. Those part include :

- coop which was presented as a feature in the trailer, but ended up as the cameo system which was a big let down. But it was because of the limited power of the consoles, so I guess that's just unfortunate
- V's gameplay : he just look like he was unfinished near the release date and thus he was patch up with stupidly OP feat like infinite iframe on Shadow's dash or Nightmare as a whole who just get you a SSS for free and take care of everything for you if he feels like it. But sadly, V is just so clunky in the end. Having to manage both pets and yourself when you can't even control their movements with precision is such a pain, and they deal no damage anyway, and don't get me started on Shadow's teleport

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, looks like the answer to the thread is a pretty obvious nah, son. I wonder if I should change the title of the thread. Not really a big deal, either way.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Incomplete isn't the right word. I think unfinished on some part fit better the feeling about DMC 5 for some people. Those part include :

- coop which was presented as a feature in the trailer, but ended up as the cameo system which was a big let down. But it was because of the limited power of the consoles, so I guess that's just unfortunate
- V's gameplay : he just look like he was unfinished near the release date and thus he was patch up with stupidly OP feat like infinite iframe on Shadow's dash or Nightmare as a whole who just get you a SSS for free and take care of everything for you if he feels like it. But sadly, V is just so clunky in the end. Having to manage both pets and yourself when you can't even control their movements with precision is such a pain, and they deal no damage anyway, and don't get me started on Shadow's teleport
This two things don't make a game unfinished lol co op was never meant to be a thing, no trailer ever showed it to be present, they always say it was called cameo system

V is actually my favorite of the three Characters, you must just understand how to use it, i have no problem in controlling him and pet at the same time

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Wish they release a hi-def render of Vergil soon!

latest

Hungry Alien

This two things don't make a game unfinished lol co op was never meant to be a thing, no trailer ever showed it to be present, they always say it was called cameo system

V is actually my favorite of the three Characters, you must just understand how to use it, i have no problem in controlling him and pet at the same time
Wrong, coop was hyped up by the trailer with clear showcase of up to 3 characters fighting together. There was even some crazy combos setup, like Nero throwing a Riot into Dante's Real Impact. But in the end, only mission 13 (which is a big empty room) allows for coop. Here is the trailer if you don't believe me

As for V, you can like him, that's not the issue. He is broken on many aspects and that's a fact. Shadow basically give you infinite iframe with his dash, and I tested it by spamming the dash into Urizen homing tentacle, he didn't hit me. Shadow is supposed to teleport to the enemy if this one is out of his reach, but sometime he don't and just whiff a few attacks for no reason. Same for airborne enemies, Shadow is supposed to use his specific anti air moves against them, but sometime he don't and whiff at the ground.

Griffon is just a glorified Blue Rose with an uppercut move. He isn't broken or anything, but you spend so much time holding the shoot button during fight, it's just tedious. You spend most of your time holding the button with him, and sometime throw a headbutt (which does a surprising amount of damage for how cheap it is).

Finally, both Griffon and Shadow do very little damage, and that's where mister SSS enter the fight. Nightmare is so broken, it's just ridiculous. His laser just annihilate the whole room doing huge AOE damage and sending everyone flying. And in contrast, his punch is slow af and cover a very little area, meaning that when you summon him, you are just praying for the laser spam, or taking control to do it yourself. Also you can just take control, teleport with him and do the omega laser then stop the summon, and he will pulverize whatever is caught in it for free.
And it doesn't stop here. Nightmare is invulnerable and if you're not riding him, you don't lose DT when he gets hit. BUT he still take the aggro of most enemies when summoned. Meaning that he will basically taunt half of the room when summoned.

So to sum it up, V got the Shadow dash which make him invulnerable with infinite iframe, Griffon can charge up in the background since he fly and will avoid most attack because of that, and you got the DT charge with the book while Nightmare is the answer for anything and does the job better fat better than the other two. So the best strategy is to spam charged attack with Griffon while reading the book and avoiding everything with Shadow, then spam Nightmare when you can.

I'm not saying V isn't fun to play. Blasting the room with Nightmare is cool and he is a new concept of gameplay which is a really good thing in DMC. But sadly he is in a broken state, and the best way to realize it is to play in DMD with him. That's when you realize Griffon and Shadow do no damage and Nightmare is just busted. Situations where Griffon and Shadow got both 1 hit are frequent in DMD, and the answer is always the big slimy boy. Nightmare is far too powerful and overshadow everything else V has. So in maximum difficulty, you are forced to play optimally and just rely on Nightmare for everything.
But yeah, he is fun to play in SoS, and you can pull some funny combos with him. But even then, the summons are clunky to control and you must manage them while they run around with only one way to effectively reposition them : dashing.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Okay guys, I'm gonna be honest with y'all.
I'm not all that motivated about this Special Edition.

While its cool that Vergil is playable now, I sort of wanted a lil bit more than just this. Perhaps some new weapons, different costumes, etc. Maybe even a Reboot!Vergil skin or a Gilver skin. I don't know.

DMC4:SE and DmC: DE both had some variety to share. SE had new costumes, playable Vergil Lady and Trish, Turbo mode, and new difficulties from the PC port.

DE had new costumes for both Dante AND Vergil, Turbo mode, 60 FPS, new difficulties that were pretty unique to the series, etc.

Compared to those, DMC5:SE just feels lackluster. I'm happy that Vergil is playable, but I just sort of expected a little bit more. Maybe some extra costumes for Vergil, and different weapons besides Beowolf and Force Edge (not that those were added to our knowledge) At least there's Turbo mode in it, and LDK mode. The Ray Tracing looks pretty and I'm loving that ost, buuuut...yeah...

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Wrong, coop was hyped up by the trailer with clear showcase of up to 3 characters fighting together. There was even some crazy combos setup, like Nero throwing a Riot into Dante's Real Impact. But in the end, only mission 13 (which is a big empty room) allows for coop. Here is the trailer if you don't believe me

As for V, you can like him, that's not the issue. He is broken on many aspects and that's a fact. Shadow basically give you infinite iframe with his dash, and I tested it by spamming the dash into Urizen homing tentacle, he didn't hit me. Shadow is supposed to teleport to the enemy if this one is out of his reach, but sometime he don't and just whiff a few attacks for no reason. Same for airborne enemies, Shadow is supposed to use his specific anti air moves against them, but sometime he don't and whiff at the ground.

Griffon is just a glorified Blue Rose with an uppercut move. He isn't broken or anything, but you spend so much time holding the shoot button during fight, it's just tedious. You spend most of your time holding the button with him, and sometime throw a headbutt (which does a surprising amount of damage for how cheap it is).

Finally, both Griffon and Shadow do very little damage, and that's where mister SSS enter the fight. Nightmare is so broken, it's just ridiculous. His laser just annihilate the whole room doing huge AOE damage and sending everyone flying. And in contrast, his punch is slow af and cover a very little area, meaning that when you summon him, you are just praying for the laser spam, or taking control to do it yourself. Also you can just take control, teleport with him and do the omega laser then stop the summon, and he will pulverize whatever is caught in it for free.
And it doesn't stop here. Nightmare is invulnerable and if you're not riding him, you don't lose DT when he gets hit. BUT he still take the aggro of most enemies when summoned. Meaning that he will basically taunt half of the room when summoned.

So to sum it up, V got the Shadow dash which make him invulnerable with infinite iframe, Griffon can charge up in the background since he fly and will avoid most attack because of that, and you got the DT charge with the book while Nightmare is the answer for anything and does the job better fat better than the other two. So the best strategy is to spam charged attack with Griffon while reading the book and avoiding everything with Shadow, then spam Nightmare when you can.

I'm not saying V isn't fun to play. Blasting the room with Nightmare is cool and he is a new concept of gameplay which is a really good thing in DMC. But sadly he is in a broken state, and the best way to realize it is to play in DMD with him. That's when you realize Griffon and Shadow do no damage and Nightmare is just busted. Situations where Griffon and Shadow got both 1 hit are frequent in DMD, and the answer is always the big slimy boy. Nightmare is far too powerful and overshadow everything else V has. So in maximum difficulty, you are forced to play optimally and just rely on Nightmare for everything.
But yeah, he is fun to play in SoS, and you can pull some funny combos with him. But even then, the summons are clunky to control and you must manage them while they run around with only one way to effectively reposition them : dashing.
Co op wasn't a thing lol it's just marketing, they showed you mission 13 in that trailer, nobody ever say there will be entire Co op mission up to 3 player, the director say from the start even before this trailer that this system was called cameo system and was not a real co op mode, and would just have been present for few mission

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Wrong, coop was hyped up by the trailer with clear showcase of up to 3 characters fighting together.
I'm sorry to say but that doesn't prove that they were planning to add co-op. That footage is something you might see while playing the game so it's not false advertising. A bit misleading, still not proof of co-op. There were no 'Online interactions not rated by the ESRB' nor XBL/PS+ Required for Online Play, and so on. They also made it clear that this is how they were going to make online interactions pretty early on. They weren't secretive about it.

For those who care, Vergil's theme is called buried by the light and it'll be available on Spotify on the 21st.

Also
Broadcast Schedule
12:00 p.m. – Opening <Translated>
12:05 p.m. – "Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition" Presentation <Translated>
12:30 p.m. – Additional Information 1
12:40 p.m. – "RESIDENT EVIL VILLAGE" Presentation<Translated>
1:10 p.m. – "RESIDENT EVIL VILLAGE" Guest Talk Segment
1:40 p.m. – Additional Information 2/Ending

Wish they release a hi-def render of Vergil soon!

latest
I know it's not what you hoped for but it's the best I can do.
vergil-bg.png

Last edited:

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Digital on release? Does that mean that a physical is comming or should I start eyeing that listing on playasia? Either way, if it's just an additional character for all the levels then I am underwhelmed. It's... there. I'm not impressed, sorry to say. Is Vergil fighting red Vergil twice for those last two levels? What more do you have? Costumes? Levels? Enemies? Bosses? Weapons?

I feel a bit deflated at all of this. I might get it on a sale but, as it stands, I'm less than excited, especially if it's not getting a physical release.

Details
To be fair i believe the corona virus might have most and or all physical gamestore retailers closed right now if not having buissness extremely slowed down. They may just feel its better to wait for this whole thing to blow over to properly release it. That way people are either gonna buy it digital cuz theyre forecd to or they'll get a big boom in physical sales when they do release it in addition to the sales they'll no doubt make just from the initial release. Its actually kinda a smart way to play things with the current state of the world being what it is.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Close

But... I think I’ll wait for the full one to be released, maybe until TGS.

but keep me updated if it pops up!
K. Just to let you know, that’s from the official site. Might be the only one we get.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Does anyone think there will be more to it than what's been announced so far (like new costumes for example) or is this it?

Dominus

Does anyone think there will be more to it than what's been announced so far (like new costumes for example) or is this it?
Nope I think what you see is what you get. There really isn't a reason to hide features when you are 2 months from the game releasing. So basically all we get are:
  • Playable Vergil with Yamato, V-trigger (I assume this is like Dante's SDT mode), and his regular DT (i know his SDT is the one in game, but i believe that will just be his normal DT mode). Pretty bare bones, but we will see next week if Vergil has more weapons, but I doubt he has more because they would have shown it.
  • Turbo mode
  • LDK mode
  • 120 fps
  • Ray tracing mode (can't use with turbo mode or LDK)
  • Most of dlc (stuff from deluxe edition)
Overall the content is very disappointing, this is the most barebones SE we got. Hell DMC3:SE had:
  • Playable Vergil with 3 weapons
  • Robust costumes for Vergil (including costume where you can play as Nelo Angelo)
  • Added bp mode
  • Added Jester fight (Can fight him 3 times each with new moves added).
  • Added Very Hard difficulty,
  • The "Demo Digest" mode was added,
I think the most disappointing thing for me is coop and divergence modes were added in by modders and work quite well. It's crazy to think they didn't just patch some stuff and get it working. Hell coop is pretty smooth outside some desyncing issues, but you could probably just limit scope of coop to bp coop, and then you only really need to fix desyncs with bosses. I should also note the way Vergil is added he won't be in M13 coop, and the coop mod might not work with him because of that.

berto

I Saw the Devil
anyone think there will be more to it than what's been announced so far (like new costumes for example) or is this it?
It could honestly go either way. With DmC the list of changes was massive but, then again, the additions were not as vast. I’m not counting the requested ones, like 60fps or lock on, but what did we get? One costume for each character, two difficulties, one mode and one cutscene? Not bad but nothing earth shattering. DMC4SE was less. Yeah, characters, but in the grand scheme of things the additions we not as many as DmC. And, no, I don’t count color variants as costumes. If there’s more, it’s likely going to be similar to what DMC4SE got. That’s my guess, at least.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
guess mods will save the pc version...
I mean reshade already has raytracing options from what I gather online.
And pseudo turbo is already a thing.

Top Bottom