• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 Bloody Palace tips.

Salthanath

I'm not Grade S, But I'm no Grade D Either
Gee, I've been playing this game far too much. Not that I'm complaining, but I've picked up a few little things that either help with the time or get rid of those pesky enemies that ruin your combo's. These are all for Nero by the way, not Dante.

Scarecrows - Pretty damn easy. If your aiming for more time, as well as not wasting that much time then simply go to the center of the area, jump in the air and snatch all 3 using Enemy Step so that you don't accidentally buster one of them. Have Exceed at the max and activate DT. Use shuffle and just before the attack hit's De-activate DT to further boost the style rank up and get rid of them quickly. This works best for the first three floors. With the large group of them, try to get them in a large group, JC'ing where necessary then snatch a few of towards you, send them into the air with a high roller then use showdown, if your lucky, the rest of the scarecrows will be in striking distance, meaning you can get rid of them quite quickly. If that fails, Charge Shot 3 and Max Exceeded streak are your friends here.

Bianco Angelo - The white one's, not the golden/yellow one's. These are fairly easy as well, you just have to be careful of their sneaky little counters that they like to pull off. Normally what I do, just as they're forming is get a streak in, high roller them and then charge shot them. If they put the shield up, instead of attacking twice on the ground, do one attack on the ground, then jump in the air and use split, they'll counter but you'll re-bound in the air, opening up an oppurtunity to use another split and finish them off there.

Alto Angelo - These guys are annoying, they take more hits to stun and can flip out of combo's. But their is a way around that. DT comes in handy here, land a charge shot 3 on them, then DT, it will send them into the air, just before they hit the ground buster them an de-activate DT whilst firing off phantom swords, this should bring them down to roughly 1/3 of their health, then buster them again to finish them off.

Mephisto - Easy to handle, simply snatch their cloaks or jump into the air so your close enough and buster them, it'll take only two busters then you can slam them into the ground, use split, charge shot 3 and max exceeded streak.

Faust - Pesky bastards yet they can be killed very easily. Same with Mephisto, simply buster their cloaks (It takes about 4 or 5 with Faust) Charge shot 3 them. Wait a couple of seconds just before the explosion, DT and start showdown, if your lucky and 90% of the time it'll work, you'll hit him and easily finish him off.

Assaults - Easy in less numbers, a nuisance in packs. Double Down (Exceeded split.) Streak and Buster are your friend here, wait till they jump out of the ground then immediately streak them (Preferably with 3 exceed gauges.) Then use Double Down and finish them off with a buster (DT the buster if you want more style.)

Frosts - Yeah, these guys. Land in cheap hits when you least expect it. First thing to do is land a charge shot 3 on them, to get rid of about 1/4 - 1/2 of their health, then buster them and whilst they're still on the ground land a few streaks and splits on them. This should be done with just one at a time, otherwise you just risk the chance of one of them hitting you.

Chimera Assaults/Scarecrow - The amount of times I've gone for a good combo and these guys simply stroll in and hack away at you. A simple charge shot 3 will usually finish these guys off, or at least disable the Chimera, then you can streak them with exceed 3.

Chimera Seed - If your after health, these guys will give it to you. If your after style though Exceed 3 and streak is your friend here, for some reason the style gauge will never stop if you continue using exceed 3 streak. (Dunno why.) Land a few charge shots in there just to keep them close together.

Blitz - Don't mess with these at all. Don't use your sword on these, instead as soon as it appears DT and use Maximum bet, twice if possible then land in a charge shot 3, run over to him and buster the hell out of him. Do it twice, three times if possible then charge shot him again to end his annoying, pesky life.

Basilisks - Overall, not that hard but when they come in large packs, that's when it gets a little hectic. The idea is to not use the ground busters, it takes more time and leaves you wide open for attack. Streak them first, preferably exceed 3, then high roller them and buster, land in a charge shot for good measure and repeat.

I can't give you tips on the bosses, as everyone has their own way of doing them. Although I will say this.

Aerial attacks are useful on Berial
Attack the front of Bael to cause more damage.
Double Down, Charge shot 3 and streak on Echidna
Double Down, charge shot 3 and buster for Credo.
Aerial attacks for Agnus, Double Downs and Charge shot 3
Dante - Buster.

Vagrant

Furthest i've gotten is level 98 i think (nero) without a super. It's the chimera assaults that killed me. You can't hit them man, if you do you risk getting slashed and knocked back. I could just sit back and CS3 all day but we are on a time limit here.

This is the last tough achievement I need. It's a pain in the ass

Salthanath

Furthest i've gotten is level 98 i think (nero) without a super. It's the chimera assaults that killed me. You can't hit them man, if you do you risk getting slashed and knocked back. I could just sit back and CS3 all day but we are on a time limit here.

This is the last tough achievement I need. It's a pain in the ass

I feel you man, they were a pain for me as well.

Busters are pretty much useless here due to the high amount of them, CS3 And Streak (Max Exceed are your best options, along with Double Down, to get rid of the shields, then just Streak them continously. It's how I got past it.

Salthanath

These are some pretty good videos I've found from a poster on here, has helped me get a lot farther on Bloody Palace. While they're not specific enemy examples they're some pretty well made advanced combat tutorials I think.

http://www.youtube.com/user/chaserthewolf
There are so many ways to complete bloody palace, some go for speed rather than style, whilst others go for the highest style to get more time. I tend to go for a mixture of both, as It covers both areas, weak enemies can be dispatched fairly easily (Scare-crows, chimeras, Basilliks and Mephisto's.) If it's the higher tier enemies, you'll want to fight one at a time, meaning you need to adjust the camera so that the enemies are off screen, that way they won't attack you mid-combo.

Vagrant

Yeah I know how to work the camera, I don't really have much trouble with BP except for the last couple of stages.

I think half of it is nerves.

Alphonse

I'll come back to it after I finish clearing all the stuff in DmC.
Definitely, i haven't even reached the achievement for getting to level 20 as pathetic as it sounds. Tried going back to DMC 3 after rotting on DmC for a while and it was alien to me

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Definitely, i haven't even reached the achievement for getting to level 20 as pathetic as it sounds. Tried going back to DMC 3 after rotting on DmC for a while and it was alien to me

I wouldn't say that's pathetic myself, you at least completed the game to unlock BP ;)

Any enemies in specific you're struggling with? what character are you using?

Alphonse

N
I wouldn't say that's pathetic myself, you at least completed the game to unlock BP ;)

Any enemies in specific you're struggling with? what character are you using?

Nero, as someone commented before getting to handle Dante after going through the whole game as Nero was difficult so i just stuck with him for BP aswell. not so much a particular enemy i struggle on just the general wear and tear of BP gives me low health so i get to a tough enemy and its 1 hit KO or near enough lol. All this talk of it has made me want to put down DmC for a while and give it another try.

Plus i was not very strategic, most videos i see of people playing BP they are very tactical making sure to use certain attacks on certain enemys and dodge specific moods. I let the red mist come over me at time and just constantly attack instead of waiting for openings lol

--EDIT love your sig pic btw lmao--

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Haha thanks man ^^

I think the best advice for Nero is try and get used to using charge shot 3, it's so powerful especially in the lower levels of BP it should help you through.

A lot of people recommend re-mapping the controller to help (though it's still certainly possible) and I personally found it useful to change shoot to the right trigger as it's free anyway. It lets you charge all the time with little effort and isn't too bad to get used to.

If you can as well try to practice Exceed, it's not as hard as you may think just try and press the trigger on impact or slightly before(the sound can help a lot)

Also don't forget about the invincibility from D.T, it's really useful in those "pants down" moments.

Nessy

If you aren't completing bloody palace the best thing to do is just get better at the game. Play enough and You will end up with easily having unlimited time as you will pretty much never get hit.

You get a no damage time bonus so yeah, that alone should be enough to cover anyone, go and S every level on DMD, then when you come back BP will be easy.

Bude8

I fail to see the logic here!
Blitz tactic for Nero:
If you have full DT Gauge, stand by Blitz when it spawns and it it with DT explosion, you should be able to fit 2 in. Make sure you save some up.

Hit it with a Charge Shot 3, it should lose its sparks and get knocked into the air. DT now, and use Showdown on it. After it gets knocked back use Streak really quickly to close the gap, followed by a DT Buster. Spam jump during the Buster animation and when the Buster ends, you should be in the air and be able to do another Buster (you might need to practice the timing). Guaranteed to kill Blitz.

If you don't have a full DT Gauge, just stick to CS3 then go with same method as above.

The Unknown

If you are using Super Dante in BP, Use your infinite DT, then use your pandora box with gunslinger style. PF594: Argument is very effective to any kind of lesser demons or bosses

Nessy

If you don't get hit, you gain a massive time bonus. I haven't played DMC4 in ages but I remember easily completing bloody palace on my first attempt.

Not Hit bonus = Unlimited Time. You can easily stock up on time early on as well, as shown on the video of the first 20 levels:

Oh yeah, I read the posts here assuming that people weren't actually dying on bloody palace, not really many tips for that except for just get better at the game. Every mob has at least a few techniques that make them trivial.

Top Bottom