• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC2 Dante vs. The Archangel Michael or Azrael

Who wins

• Dante

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Archangels

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Could Dante, at his ultimate, most powerful face either The Right Hand of God or The Punishment of God?

a-archangel-michael.jpeg
Michael: Patron Saint of Chivalry and Knightly Orders and cops. Defeater of Lucifer Morningstar, Demon Prince (and Evil Fallen Angel of death) Samael and Hell Prince Belial (and their armies) The Right hand, the Protection of God.

black_angel_accompanying_print_by_anarkyman.jpg
Azrael: Angel of Death, Slayer of the FirstBorn of Egypt, killer of 185,000 Assyrians, destroyer of Sodom and Gomorrah. The Left hand, The punishment of God.

seraphmaycry

in dmc1 he took on mundus with spardas power, in the anime he absolutely OBLITERATED sid, he kicked so much ass im not even sure that sid is the one responsible for putting him there, sid has a power level about equal to mundus at the end, mundus is often referred to as names used for the devil, such as the prince of darkness, i know little of christian lore not concerning hell or the devil, as it holds little meaning to me, but if i understand correctly, at least one of these could kill the devil which puts them on equal ground at the least.

the question then i guess is, what powers do these angels have and how did the fight against lucifer go? if it was a close victory, Dante clearly owns, if they owned and one shotted him then they would equal to Dante, so therefore i'd be forced to place them on equal ground and look at their skills and abilities.

HOWEVER, angelic weapons and other holy things hurt only demons right? that's how holy water is supposed the work?

if yes, they would only have their weapons at half-effectiveness, or less as Dante's power apparently comes mainly from being human.... because science!

Railazel

in dmc1 he took on mundus with spardas power, in the anime he absolutely OBLITERATED sid, he kicked so much ass im not even sure that sid is the one responsible for putting him there, sid has a power level about equal to mundus at the end, mundus is often referred to as names used for the devil, such as the prince of darkness, i know little of christian lore not concerning hell or the devil, as it holds little meaning to me, but if i understand correctly, at least one of these could kill the devil which puts them on equal ground at the least.

the question then i guess is, what powers do these angels have and how did the fight against lucifer go? if it was a close victory, Dante clearly owns, if they owned and one shotted him then they would equal to Dante, so therefore i'd be forced to place them on equal ground and look at their skills and abilities.

HOWEVER, angelic weapons and other holy things hurt only demons right? that's how holy water is supposed the work?

if yes, they would only have their weapons at half-effectiveness, or less as Dante's power apparently comes mainly from being human.... because science!

Well, to inform you on Christian Lore, the fight between Michael and Satan in Heaven is only recorded as an apocalyptic sign in Revelations, so there is no actual recorded fight between the two in the Bible. Also, Azrael isn't a canonical entity in the Bible however there are angels of death in the Bible. So take from this what little you can for this fight.

As for science, "holy water" is meant to be a cleansing medium. It is not limited to the use of exorcism but anything with spiritual or even physical healing. However, any water that is used for baptism is "holy water" since water, in general, has always been associated with cleansing in the Bible. Plus, only the power of God's word can exorcise demons, the extra mess you see on TV and movies are usually fictional or can be explained by scientific means.

seraphmaycry

Well, to inform you on Christian Lore, the fight between Michael and Satan in Heaven is only recorded as an apocalyptic sign in Revelations, so there is no actual recorded fight between the two in the Bible. Also, Azrael isn't a canonical entity in the Bible however there are angels of death in the Bible. So take from this what little you can for this fight.

As for science, "holy water" is meant to be a cleansing medium. It is not limited to the use of exorcism but anything with spiritual or even physical healing. However, any water that is used for baptism is "holy water" since water, in general, has always been associated with cleansing in the Bible. Plus, only the power of God's word can exorcise demons, the extra mess you see on TV and movies are usually fictional or can be explained by scientific means.

is there any time period for the fight? five minutes would be around equal to dante... two hours would get the guys ass kicked (since mundus is pretty much satan/devil/the foe/lucifer/ whatever. and dmc2 can go at least as powerful as dmc 1 sparda form)

holy water, i always just saw it on games and said "seems bout right" and returned to business as usual.

Railazel

is there any time period for the fight? five minutes would be around equal to dante... two hours would get the guys ass kicked (since mundus is pretty much satan/devil/the foe/lucifer/ whatever. and dmc2 can go at least as powerful as dmc 1 sparda form)

No, no time period. However, you have to remember that Mundus is an over- exaggeration of Satan. Satan isn't all that powerful. In fact, a study of the Bible casts doubt as whether Satan is an evil force at all. Old Testament Theology teaches of a "satan angels" or "adversarial, accusing, or advocative messengers" whose job was to take the faults of people and lead them to do the right thing. For example, Satan, in the Book of Job, was simply pointing out a fault on Job's part so that God can enlighten Job. The Devil, as you know him, was formed in later New Testament and post- New Testament Theology. So Satan, in actuality, might not have much power to fight against Dante.

seraphmaycry

No, no time period. However, you have to remember that Mundus is an over- exaggeration of Satan. Satan isn't all that powerful. In fact, a study of the Bible casts doubt as whether Satan is an evil force at all. Old Testament Theology teaches of a "satan angels" or "adversarial, accusing, or advocative messengers" whose job was to take the faults of people and lead them to do the right thing. For example, Satan, in the Book of Job, was simply pointing out a fault on Job's part so that God can enlighten Job. The Devil, as you know him, was formed in later New Testament and post- New Testament Theology. So Satan, in actuality, might not have much power to fight against Dante.

then the guy who killed satan has a reduced minimum power level by far, his max still remains.

well, is that his best single target battle? (i doubt not much more is powerful, but, i miss entirely on a lot of things to do with religion.

the reason I'm unsure is because, Dante could achieve these feats, killing the son of mundus(that's belial, right?) and the firstborn of egypt (original ruler? some weird, literal son of the desert?) and a bunch of assyrians (the number is just to high to be anything other then humans, or weak angels/demons, unless of course he is unkaffected by age, which he probably is, in which case they could all be the highest power guys in existence, and he just gets a massive break between each one.)

i'm doing what i can to create an accurate depiction of an unbiased fight against them, but i don't have the details about the right hand and the punishment of god.

further complicated by the fact they are linked to a guy of some crazy power levels, create everything and not having to be created powerful, it seems more then likely that he gave these guys some RIDICULOUS buffs, but... the sound overpowered, for sure, but not as crazy as i would expect.

hmm... who is Sodom and Gomorrah?

they may be vital details to working out at least one of them.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
is dante given access to smt feats and majin trigger ? as if so majin trigger renders him invulnerable.
He also has access to sparda sword and dreadnought form as dmc2 is set after dmc4 dmc3 and dmc1 he would have all of the style powers and doppleganger and quicksilver. Putting that in the equasion and the fact that by dmc2 he is much more powerful , this gives him a fighting chance to win.

seraphmaycry

is dante given access to smt feats and majin trigger ? as if so majin trigger renders him invulnerable.
He also has access to sparda sword and dreadnought form as dmc2 is set after dmc4 dmc3 and dmc1 he would have all of the style powers and doppleganger and quicksilver. Putting that in the equasion and the fact that by dmc2 he is much more powerful , this gives him a fighting chance to win.

i forget he would have all the styles by that point (and possibly more)

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
yep plus he has that energy beam from his chest in his majin form like a kamehameha and i assune his speed and teleport would be faster too and his overdrive and stinger would be stronger with demon energy there is a lot he would have access too. Also his weapons have fire , wind electricity and ice powers and he has gauntlets that increase his striking power and speed too.

TerrorA

Azrael is the name attributed to the angel of Death and Retribution in certain Islamic and Sikh sects.

Railazel

then the guy who killed satan has a reduced minimum power level by far, his max still remains.

Satan would never be "killed", really. The Old Testament doesn't view Satan as an enemy of God but just a term for a type of angel who God sends out just like all his other angels. Satan in the New Testament is a symbol of different things depending on how he's described.

hmm... who is Sodom and Gomorrah?

they may be vital details to working out at least one of them.

Sodom and Gomorrah were two cities God destroyed because of both cities reputation of not helping the needy and sexual immorality (in the story, it was heterosexual men having sex with other men).

Azrael is the name attributed to the angel of Death and Retribution in certain Islamic and Sikh sects.

I am aware of that. I'm just making the case that the angels of death don't have a name in the Bible as opposed to Michael.

seraphmaycry

Satan would never be "killed", really. The Old Testament doesn't view Satan as an enemy of God but just a term for a type of angel who God sends out just like all his other angels. Satan in the New Testament is a symbol of different things depending on how he's described.

defeated, killed.

my bad.

wrong choice of words

Sodom and Gomorrah were two cities God destroyed because of both cities reputation of not helping the needy and sexual immorality (in the story, it was heterosexual men having sex with other men).

so two cities.

/quote]

this is hard to judge, what sort of abilities/powers are confirmed for them to have?

Railazel

this is hard to judge, what sort of abilities/powers are confirmed for them to have?

Well... none. Any ability they have is bestowed upon them from God for whatever objective he needs them to fulfill. So, Satan and Michael are equally powerful in that they both are "powerless" until God gives them power.

defeated, killed.

my bad.

wrong choice of words

Not a wrong choice of words, just the wrong idea. Satan and Michael are both angels in Heaven, basically allies.

seraphmaycry

Well... none. Any ability they have is bestowed upon them from God for whatever objective he needs them to fulfill. So, Satan and Michael are equally powerful in that they both are "powerless" until God gives them power.

Not a wrong choice of words, just the wrong idea. Satan and Michael are both angels in Heaven, basically allies.

wait, they are given power at need?

then how can dante win?

ever?

it's dante vs god.

TerrorA

Yep, pretty much.

And thus we reach the impossibility of this battle. Basically, Dante could never win. If there's an angel of death involved, then Dante will die no matter what. If a warrior angel is involved, then Dante could never beat it unless God deems that the angel surrender.

But there are plenty of legends of people beating death. Herakles wrestling death, Sissypus chaining up Thanatos, Big John De Conqueror suckering both the devil and death (and banging the devil's daughter)

Top Bottom