• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol_Warrior

Strawberry Sundae
Hello I'm new here, and thought I'd post a thread to discuss various Devil May Cry theories, whether they be back story, Nero's possessing of Sparda's blood, the future of the series, or whatever else, so long as the theories are logical and accompanied with a proper explanation. I like to remain open minded to all possibilities.

Now, as to the theories concerning Nero, I myself believe that he was born human; not the son of Vergil, and also that he was not born with the Devil Bringer. Nero's arm is the only part of his body that holds demonic power, while the rest of his body is just as a human. This is inconsistent with all the other humanoid demons or partial demons in the series, where their bodies are uniform, and appear completely human.

Furthermore, the origin of his arm is shrouded in mystery, and just about the only hint about it's creation and/or manifestation is this quote from DMC4: "From that day forth, my arm changed and a voice echoed 'Power. Give me more power."

I would have to say that that 'echoing voice' most closely resembles Vergil out of any other character so far introduced, given his lust for power in DMC3. This would also explain how the Yamato reacted to Nero, as well as his possessing of "Sparda's blood".

The Devil Bringer no doubt has something to do with Vergil. My theory is that it is somehow where Vergil's soul, or part of his soul, currently resides. Further supporting that theory, as well as the theory that Nero himself does not have demon blood, is that he does not transform when using the Devil Trigger, as all the other playable characters have throughout the series. Instead, an oversoul appears, which closely resembles Vergil as Nelo Angelo.

Now the part most subject to flaw in my theory is how the Devil Bringer came to be. This could have happened in many different ways, whether it be Vergils soul entering his arm through wound like a parasite, or if it's some strange kind of limited possession, or even demonic transference.

But now I would like to hear theories any of you would like to share. Or even if you want to point out holes in my theory, go ahead.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I always thought that the Devil Bringer was demonic possession, but occurring slowly. I think that in DMC5, it may cover his entire arm and maybe even part of his chest.

And I always thought that, since Sparda died before the series even started, that Sparda's power could've been transferred to Nero. I mean, his energy attacks use a purple aura, and purple is Sparda's color.

Sol_Warrior

Strawberry Sundae
DreadnoughtDT;244859 said:
I always thought that the Devil Bringer was demonic possession, but occurring slowly. I think that in DMC5, it may cover his entire arm and maybe even part of his chest.

And I always thought that, since Sparda died before the series even started, that Sparda's power could've been transferred to Nero. I mean, his energy attacks use a purple aura, and purple is Sparda's color.

I suppose that is a possibility, but I remember his attacks being blue. But maybe I'm wrong, I don't recall that very clearly at the moment. However, I do know for sure that his Devil Trigger is blue, so I would guess that he would be more connected to Vergil than Sparda.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Nero's color association is different from the others. Nero has two colors.

Nero's clothing has both red and blue. ( with more blue)

the devil bringer is red with glowing blue lines and a glowing blue palm. the energy from the devil bringer is blue. the energy from Nero's attacks is blue. Nero's main weapon is red and his gun is blue. the health meter for the locked on enemy with Nero is blue.

i would say that Nero is 65% blue 45% red. if you base his connection on color then he is connected to both sons of Sparta but to Vergil more than Dante.

another interpretation of the colors would be to combine them making Nero's color purple. which would imply a direct connection to Sparta. but the fact that one color is primary and the other is secondary implies a connection to one twin more than the other.

my interpretation of the colors is that Nero has two connections to Sparda on direct or at least not related to the twins ( possibly a descendant of Sparda not through one of the twins ) and a connection to Vergil other than his "direct" connection to Sparda. (not sure what that connection would be)

the devil bringer would be caused by both of those connections acting on each other.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nero wears blue? I thought his coat was black, to fit with what his name means. "Nero" means "dark", "darkness", or "black".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom