• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Sequel

nephlim god

I dont no if theres already a thread for this but im just wondering when we will find out about a DmC sequel or not ?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It would be a while before anything will be said officially. I guess they're still working out what to do after the sales figures have come in. And if they do decide to sequel, there's a long time for planning, concept designs and working out a plot.

nephlim god

I reli wana no . With alot slagging the game off doyou think we will get a sequel. I really really hope we do

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I reli wana no . With alot slagging the game off doyou think we will get a sequel. I really really hope we do
The scores and reviews for the game were positive, so that could indicate the possibikity of a sequel. On the other hand, the sales for the game were well below the target, and that's a very big negative when a company decides to carry on with a game.

It could be like Bayonetta where the sales were low, but they were bought up for the sequel.

nephlim god

Hopefully that will happen with DmC mate . Idnmuch rather carry on with this dante and vergil than bloody nero ha

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Unlikely, DmC is the worst selling game in the franchise and knowing Capcom they won't be willing to try again.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
DmC2 was suposedly greenlit because of the great reviews, dunno if the sales may potentially cancel it.

God I hope not.

DmC2 with improvements based on feedback>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Half-assed DMC5 to make fanboys happy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>No DMC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Megaman Treatment

Dominus

DmC2 was suposedly greenlit because of the great reviews, dunno if the sales may potentially cancel it.

God I hope not.

DmC2 with improvements based on feedback>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Half-assed DMC5 to make fanboys happy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>No DMC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Megaman Treatment
I'd expect if Capcom made DMC5 they'd make up for DMC4's rushed development. A good portion of the team that made DMC2...made DMC3 so it's possible (well at least the director Itsuno who came on late to DMC2 made up for it with DMC3).

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
I'd expect if Capcom made DMC5 they'd make up for DMC4's rushed development. A good portion of the team that made DMC2...made DMC3 so it's possible (well at least the director Itsuno who came on late to DMC2 made up for it with DMC3).
Most of the team involved in DMC3-4 is now out of capcom, so no matter how much they try it will always feel half assed

Dominus

Most of the team involved in DMC3-4 is now out of capcom, so no matter how much they try it will always feel half assed
source? From what I recall most of the DMC4 team went on to develop Dragon's Dogma (along with Itsuno)

D H

God I hope not.

That rumor came about around the same time that the rumor of "Ninja Theory will reboot Onimusha". Take it with a grain of salt. And sales can definitely cancel plans.

Darksiders was supposed to have another 2 sequel at the bare minimum. Sales were 2.5 million below target for DS II, made THQ's financial situation even worse, and hasn't been bought up since as Adam Sessler put it "It never found it's audience".

Heavenly Sword was supposed to be a trilogy, but Sony barely broke even on the game so they cancelled it.

Enslaved was supposed to have a sequel, but NT and Namco lost money so it was cancelled.

Bayonetta 2 was canned by Sega due to not selling enough to warrant a sequel in light of their financial struggles. Now, Nintendo luckily swooped in.

Mirror's Edge was supposed to be a trilogy, but sold over a million under EA's expectations so we haven't heard anything in over 4 years. There are rumors that Mirror's Edge 2 is being made, but it has been said to be "stalled" in production as of a year ago.

Xenosaga was supposed to span 6 games but got cancelled after Episode III due to low sales.

Dante47

If they do, improvements would have to be made to the combat system. It needs heavy revision.
However, I think all developers can grow and improve, so I'm willing to give Ninja Theory another chance at topping the original series and it's masterful combat.

Though, if we're talking story and characters, there defiantly needs to be a sequel, since it was done so well in this game, and I'd love to see how it develops in the sequel. When the plot is good, one can forgive a lot.

D H

source? From what I recall most of the DMC4 team went on to develop Dragon's Dogma (along with Itsuno)

Tetsuya Shibata, the main composer of Devil May Cry 2, 3, and 4 left shortly after Devil May Cry 4 was released. Bingo Morihashi, the main writer for Devil May Cry 3 and 4 left shortly after Devil May Cry 4 was released. Hideki Itsuno is busy with Dragon's Dogma 2. Kobayashi is busy with Sengoku Basara, Dragon's Dogma 2, and Resident Evil. Most of the former team has most likely been split up after 5 years.

So yeah. Devil May Cry 5 would not be the successor to Devil May Cry 3 and 4 that we want it to be.

Dominus

Tetsuya Shibata, the main composer of Devil May Cry 2, 3, and 4 left shortly after Devil May Cry 4 was released. Bingo Morihashi, the main writer for Devil May Cry 3 and 4 left shortly after Devil May Cry 4 was released. Hideki Itsuno is busy with Dragon's Dogma 2. Kobayashi is busy with Sengoku Basara, Dragon's Dogma 2, and Resident Evil. Most of the former team has most likely been split up after 5 years.

So yeah. Devil May Cry 5 would not be the successor to Devil May Cry 3 and 4 that we want it to be.
I think the MvC3 team could give a crack at it under Itsuno's direction or at least some supervision. They got Dante and Vergil right in MvC3...

AlchemistFromEden

BUT OF COURSE EVERYTHING IS EASY AS PRESSING A BUTTON TO MAKE A GAME NOWADAYS SO OBVIOUSLY CAPCOM HAS IMAGINARY PEOPLE TO MAKE A GAME, but seriously, wish i had known these things. if people want more DMC there's only one place for capcom to go to and that's NT because everyone else is busy

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda

Not to mention most of the old DMC4 team in fact left capcom for P*, which means most are likely not going back.

Zato-OW

King
Not to mention most of the old DMC4 team in fact left capcom for P*, which means most are likely not going back.
I totally forgot about this. I do remember a lot of developers leaving Capcom after DMC4 but I didn't know they went to P*, at least most of them. I only knew a few that joined P*. I just find it odd that even the story writer of DMC3/4 quit the series after DMC4 and no longer wanted to work with Capcom. What did Capcom do to **** these guys off so bad? I'm starting to think it was because DMC4's story and overall game was changed at the last minute and somewhat redeveloped at the last moment which may have made them mad.

Dominus

Because making a fighting game is just like a Hack n' Slash
Well H&S differentiate themselves from regular action games by having very technical fighting systems, just like fighting games (+60 fps + 1 frame links/moves + advanced combo system). You find a lot of fans of H&S who also play fighting games (including myself), and many were happy when both Dante and Vergil were put into MvC3. Dante and Vergil's movesets both transferred well over to MvC3.. I'd actually like to see one of Capcom's fighting game teams take on DMC, might give us a fresh take on the series..

Top Bottom