• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Secrets/Tips

DarkSlayer54

I looked around google/youtube for any information on enemies, and/or secrets in DmC with no luck. So the purpose of this thread is to kind of discover/share information that a typical player wouldn't know about. The information regarding enemies is more about efficiency rather than style.
I should also add that I don't take any credit for the information below, and I won't give credit to information shared... I always found this kind of stuff silly. The information below is meant to help other players, and it's not about "discovering this or that".

Concept Art
Rare 1: Activate Devil Trigger 666 times​
Rare 2: Have a total playtime of 50 hours
Rare 3: Complete 60 missions with a SSS rank
Rare 4: Total of 5,000,000 damage dealt

Enemy Weaknesses
Note: Some of these weaknesses will not work as described on Dante Must Die mode.
Rage
  • Easy Stun: Use Ebony and Ivory to stun a rage within seconds.
Harpy
  • Grounded: Use Revenant to knock off a harpy's wings with two shots.
Tyrant

• Easy Stun: Fire a charged Renevant Bomb at a Tyrant to stun him.
  • 3-hit kill: After a successful demon dodge, demon pull the Tyrant onto the ground and use Arbiter's Trinity Smash to finish the Tyrant off quickly. Timing is important, if you waste even a second the Tyrant will stand up before you can give it your finishing blow.
Butcher
  • Quick Combo Kill: Wait for the Butcher to do his horizontal blade toss, demon dodge it, and use a charged uppercut with Eryx, followed by a Showdown. Then switch to Arbiter mid-air for an additional blow before you finish him off with Arbiter's Trinity Smash. Note: You must uppercut him before he has a chance to fully recharge his saws.
Drekavec:
  • Shotgun Strategy: Charge up Revenant to its maximum charge, and wait for the Drekavec to teleport. Demon dodge him as he re-appears and shoot him with the charged shot. You will quickly kill him after 3-4 tries. Note: After the Revenant bomb explodes, you are able to attack Drekavec further and along side Arbiter's Trinity Smash you can kill him twice as fast.
  • Environmental Kill: If you are near a ledge, shoot him to make him block, then demon pull him and kick him out. Immediately use Aquila's Roundtrip on him, and this will make him slash downwards to seal his own fate.
Witch:
  • Easy Stun: You can easily stun a witch by demon pulling her sword(s) and kick them back at her. Alternatively, you can wait for her to throw the swords and parry them with Osiris's Prop attack.
Boss Weaknesses
Succubus:
Easy Kill: An effective way of killing Succubus is to throw Aquila at her face, and eventually she will stagger after a few throws. When this happens, use Stinger, then slash twice with Rebellion and follow up with Arbiter's Trinity Smash.
Alternatively, you can wait at the back of the platform and wait for her to slash. Parry her, then use stinger as an additional hit before demon pulling her, then slash twice with rebellion and follow up with Arbiter's Trinity Smash.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Drekavec: Just stand their patiently, then use Demon Dodge when he tries to attack after a teleport and go to town

Drekavec defenses are suseptible to the third arbiter attack trinity. so slash twice, pause then arbiter. that smashes his chances of a parry and then beat him till he runs.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Drekavec: Just stand their patiently, then use Demon Dodge when he tries to attack after a teleport and go to town
Yep, that's my preffered method.

Also, using aquila on the ghost rage works pretty well if you spam it with roundtrip to give room to deal with the blood rage.

mulalleybs

Good thread. Sometimes you can shoot the dream runner with the shotgun, when he blocks the bullets you can demon pull to stun him for a moment

DarkSlayer54

I actually find the dreamrunner types easier to demon dodge then shoot a shotgun-charge.
Do this three times and you get it easy.
Thanks for the info. I deleted the previous methods of attacking him... your method is MUCH more effective.
Feel free to share more methods for other enemies.

EvilX-81

Anyone still wondering just how much Demon Dodge and Devil Trigger damage does?

Well, maximum level DD looks to do at least x3 damage.
Devil Trigger is equal the damage boost with DD, about +3 times.

So how much damage do they do when used together?

Answer: 3 x 3 = I'M NOT ****ING JOKING.

crush

Thanks for the info. I deleted the previous methods of attacking him... your method is MUCH more effective.
Feel free to share more methods for other enemies.

I like using my guns, so I quickly found out this strategy.
Also deflecting the butchers blades will make a large opening enough for a full-charged uppercut.
After doing so, rake is effective for lifting him up. Make sure you don't drop him.

DarkSlayer54

I like using my guns, so I quickly found out this strategy.
Also deflecting the butchers blades will make a large opening enough for a full-charged uppercut.
After doing so, rake is effective for lifting him up. Make sure you don't drop him.
I'll have to try that out... but there's got to be a better strategy than that. They can almost die from Arbiter's Trinity Smash. I'd like to try and find a way to kill them with one combo.
Parrying seems like a good idea though... Can Renevants Bomb be used against the Butcher?

Because if it can, maybe Renevant + Trinity Smash could do a lot of damage together...

EvilX-81

I'll have to try that out... but there's got to be a better strategy than that. They can almost die from Arbiter's Trinity Smash. I'd like to try and find a way to kill them with one combo.
Parrying seems like a good idea though... Can Renevants Bomb be used against the Butcher?

Because if it can, maybe Renevant + Trinity Smash could do a lot of damage together...

Doesn't seem like any guns affect that walking trash can. :mad:

Perhaps a well timed demon dodge immediately into the full charged uppercut +rebellion aerial rave could do it. Or maybe a Full charged uppercut + trinity smash.

DarkSlayer54

Doesn't seem like any guns affect that walking trash can. :mad:

Perhaps a well timed demon dodge immediately into the full charged uppercut +rebellion aerial rave could do it. Or maybe a Full charged uppercut + trinity smash.
Hmm, yeah. Demon Dodging his horizontal blades, upper cutting him with Eryx, taking bringing him down with Arbiter + the Trinity Smash finished him off.
I'll put that in the thread for now.

EDIT: I also added a video of it. I'll do the same for the other enemies during the weekend. I don't think the combo is good enough though... it'll only kill the Butcher on SoS and below. I'll actually still don't even know if the Tyrant can be killed with the 3-hit combo on DMD... I'll have to test that during the weekend as well.

zarion

Easiest and quickest way to take down succubus is to throw aquila at her face a few times and eventually she will stagger.
When she does use Stinger, use two quick attacks, pause and end the combo in a trinity smash with Arbiter.
Rinse and repeat. You can throw in a demon dodge and a Devil Trigger to wreck her face quicker.

NwaDeKoko

"Drekavec:
  • Shotgun Strategy: Charge up Revenant to its maximum charge, and wait for the Drekavec to teleport. Demon dodge him as he re-appears and shoot him with the charged shot. You will quickly kill him after 3-4 tries. Note: After the Revenant bomb explodes, you are able to attack Drekavec further... but it is still suggested that you take this time to allow Revenant to fully charge up again."
Did you take that from me ? Because it's the strategy that I "found" I mean I said it somewhere on this forum and I don't think anyone else actually thought of using that, otherwise, i'm sorry lol

DarkSlayer54

"Drekavec:
  • Shotgun Strategy: Charge up Revenant to its maximum charge, and wait for the Drekavec to teleport. Demon dodge him as he re-appears and shoot him with the charged shot. You will quickly kill him after 3-4 tries. Note: After the Revenant bomb explodes, you are able to attack Drekavec further... but it is still suggested that you take this time to allow Revenant to fully charge up again."
Did you take that from me ? Because it's the strategy that I "found" I mean I said it somewhere on this forum and I don't think anyone else actually thought of using that, otherwise, i'm sorry lol

No. I found out about it from Crush (his post is above). Regardless, no one gets credit for discovering anything on this thread. There will always be multiple people that discover the same thing.

I am new here but I found a cool way to kill the Dreamrunners.

Start charging Eryx (regular punch not launcher) and wait for the teleport. As soon as you see the portal open near you release Eryx for a parry that sends them flying. Follow with a stinger and whatever you want after that or a Drive.

Top Bottom