• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Sales 'solid'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
What is damage control?
Implying what the others were saying before was damaging when they weren't saying anything damaging at all. I don't know, I just don't like things phrased that way, that's all @_@ I think I'm getting old.

Btw, Nero your sig isn't showing up on my end o_o it just shows a little icon for a broken link.

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
Implying what the others were saying before was damaging when they weren't saying anything damaging at all. I don't know, I just don't like things phrased that way, that's all @_@ I think I'm getting old.
It's more like an attemp to defend or rectify something that went wrong. I say that because a lot of people here sound more delusional than anything. We can't forget that Facts>Opinions (opinions aren't facts, by the way).

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Btw, Nero your sig isn't showing up on my end o_o it just shows a little icon for a broken link.

Yeah I should fix that....know anyone here who can make gifs?

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
But DMC2 still sold a decent amount, it's 3rd highest selling DMC title. If anything you should be using DMC3 as your example since DMC3 sold pretty low. But I think all of that is pretty irrelevant now because all those things happened around 2003 and 2004. This is a different Capcom now and we all know that one of the main reasons this reboot was created was to generate more sales and more fans and it ended up being the worse selling game in the franchise. DMC5 seems more likely to happen than a DmC2, but I think this franchise might be done.
true, so it would be fair to evaluate both sales and reviews. In the case of DMC2, sales were very high because of the success of DMC1 and the hype that game generated for its sequel, however it was recieved poor reviews from fans and critics, especially compared to the success of its predecessor. DMC3 was the opposite, where it sold poorly (because nobody could detach the idea of the next DMC game from the failings of DMC2) but was reviewed very positively by fans and critics.

DmC is an odd case, where it sold less than expected, even though 1.1 million sales is nothing to be ashamed of. That's still a lot of sales, it's just not as much as hoped. However its reviews are very polarized, with fans rating it as very poor, and critics rating it as very good. Ultimately, capcom is selling games to fans and not critics, and while it's anyone's guess, my guess is that lower than expected sales and poor fan reception means this game will go through major changes before we see a sequel, if a sequel happens at all.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Wind your necks in you two, by all means make a point & debate but no need to be so condescending about it, it just makes you look like immature children who cant speak in an adult manner.
Sorry but I refuse to act nice with people like Kam. All I did at first was ask him to cite more sources to prove his point and he replied with a jerkish attitude. To top that off, after I've refuted many of his false claims, he decided to bring up a statement that I've already addressed countless times as if he was oblivious to it. I'm already restraining myself from lashing out at him. Just like how you're sick of seeing childish banters on this forum, I'm sick of dealing with people who try to be a jerk to me when I never attacked them in the first place and then refuse to admit that they were wrong even after their points were proven wrong. I know that my attitude isn't exemplary or anything but if there's one thing I can do, it's to be willing to admit defeat.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for you(Kam) to provide more sources to substantiate your claim that DMCHD is outselling DmC overall.

DisappointedSparda

The Disappointed
Damage Control: The Thread

"1 million sales aren't a failure"
That depends. Catherine (Puzzle-Sim Date, new IP, japanese...) sold like half-million sales in Japan and USA last time I checked, it was the best launch of the company and of course was considered a sucess. Now, DmC get like 1 million sales, the rebooted game for a large series that has been around since 2001, which predecessor got 2.4 million sales. Oh, and you don't need to be an expert to know which game has more budget.

"Sales prediction were unreal"
Why? We don't know how much the budget is, but clearly the game wasn't "cheap". They need not only to re-gain that money, they need to get some good profit too. That's how industry works.

"The game has been around only for 4 months"
That's the time we need to judge if it's a failure or a sucess. Almost all copies get sold on the first months, and the sales are always decaying for every launch, don't fool yourself.

"B-but the movie..."
There's a lot of movies announced related to videogames, lot of them were revealed various years ago and still no release or even little news about it. As I remember, they talked about the movie in...2011? How much info we got?

"DMC 4 wasn't well received"
That was good joke, thanks.

"The series needed a change"
I agree on this. But DmC isn't the change I want. It doesn't matter if the reboot tried to make something different, change aren't supposed to be good just because it's "new". But that's just my opinion.

"CoD and GoW sell so much"
Actually, CoD sales are decaying which every entrie and the new GoW got very poor sales for it's lauch.

"The game didn't sell too much because the economy is down and everyone is buying used games"
Game industry is really going down these last years, but that isn't a good excuse. There are still games selling millions even with the auge of indie games and other factors like that.

"Fans didn't like it because no anime"
Here we go again.

Did I forgot about something?

At this point everyone knows that DmC wasn't well received by consumers and the sales are really low compared to the other games. Which it's funny, because the game surely has more budget that every other entrie in the series. If it's good or bad doesn't mean anything, if you want a sequel or not that's up to you, but it's a FACT (yeah, FACT) that comercially is much better come with DMC 5 than DmC 2, and we are talking about one of the biggest money grabbers in the industry.

P.S.: This thread gave me FoxDie.

Ironic, your post is nothing but damage control.

So, let me get this straight, if we as fans on a message board for a game dedicated for fans of the game react positively to news about said game from the publisher, we are automatically all grouped together as delusional, that post from Zey getting all those likes, I mean, really? Is that some people's idea of polite and civil discourse, labeling fans of a game into one giant group as if our opinions are merely nothing more than some sort of vast conspiracy to damage control for Capcom? How can you on one hand say, oh please don't group us haters, and then throw likes to a person who just grouped all fans and people who disagree with you in this post as either delusional or secret agents of Capcom trying to do damage control. This is what makes it hard to take some people seriously here.

Kam

Sorry but I refuse to act nice with people like Kam. All I did at first was ask him to cite more sources to prove his point and he replied with a jerkish attitude. To top that off, after I've refuted many of his false claims, he decided to bring up a statement that I've already addressed countless times as if he was oblivious to it. I'm already restraining myself from lashing out at him. Just like how you're sick of seeing childish banters on this forum, I'm sick of dealing with people who try to be a jerk to me when I never attacked them in the first place and then refuse to admit that they were wrong even after their points were proven wrong. I know that my attitude isn't exemplary or anything but if there's one thing I can do, it's to be willing to admit defeat.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for you(Kam) to provide more sources to substantiate your claim that DMCHD is outselling DmC overall.
Before we continue, I'm going to point one thing out. Those "jerkish attitude" comebacks and oneliners from me? Look again, I was copy/pasting your own attitude back at you. As in I literally copied a post you had directed at me, isolated your insult, and pasted it back as part of my reply to you. You reacted by throwing a tantrum over how I was treating you.

Please don't let this lesson go over your head

Now let's continue.

this source and this source are still sources. "Oh but that's only amazon, that doesn't prove anything!" yes, you're right, it is in no way conclusive. However it does have strong implications of an overall trend. If you feel this data isn't consistent with the rest of the sales, please, I invite you to find some additional sources of your own, instead of insulting mine from the sidelines while offering nothing of your own.

Oh, here's two more sources that are pretty good.
source
source

Global sales for DmC .71 million, across 3 systems
Global sales for the HD collection .81 million, across only 2 systems.

That's 4 sources on this one subject. If you feel like the data is incomplete or wrong, I invite you to find better sources

Edit - and please, keep the insults to a minimum. I find that when people break out the attitude and name calling, the "discussion" becomes more about being right at all costs, and not about finding what's true.

Kam

So, let me get this straight, if we as fans on a message board for a game dedicated for fans of the game react positively to news about said game from the publisher, we are automatically all grouped together as delusional, that post from Zey getting all those likes, I mean, really? Is that some people's idea of polite and civil discourse, labeling fans of a game into one giant group as if our opinions are merely nothing more than some sort of vast conspiracy to damage control for Capcom? How can you on one hand say, oh please don't group us haters, and then throw likes to a person who just grouped all fans and people who disagree with you in this post as either delusional or secret agents of Capcom trying to do damage control. This is what makes it hard to take some people seriously here.
I think the implication is that the very nature of a fansite makes any opinions that come out of it subject to bias

Another thing, if Capcom cannot be trusted in this investor report, then they can't be trusted in the other one as well, the report where they said that their was a decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing. I guess both statements should be interpreted as damage control, you can't simply pick and choose the ones that are valid based on how they suit your personal biases.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Before we continue, I'm going to point one thing out. Those "jerkish attitude" comebacks and oneliners from me? Look again, I was copy/pasting your own attitude back at you. As in I literally copied a post you had directed at me, isolated your insult, and pasted it back as part of my reply to you. You reacted by throwing a tantrum over how I was treating you.

Please don't let this lesson go over your head

Now let's continue.

this source and this source are still sources. "Oh but that's only amazon, that doesn't prove anything!" yes, you're right, it is in no way conclusive. However it does have strong implications of an overall trend. If you feel this data isn't consistent with the rest of the sales, please, I invite you to find some additional sources of your own, instead of insulting mine from the sidelines while offering nothing of your own.

Oh, here's two more sources that are pretty good.
source
source

Global sales for DmC .71 million, across 3 systems
Global sales for the HD collection .81 million, across only 2 systems.

That's 4 sources on this one subject. If you feel like the data is incomplete or wrong, I invite you to find better sources

Edit - and please, keep the insults to a minimum. I find that when people break out the attitude and name calling, the "discussion" becomes more about being right at all costs, and not about finding what's true.

Actually, the data for the PC sellings is not there, i just wanted to point this out. But i highly doubt that it sold more than 50.000 on PC, even top-selling games sells much less on the PC than on the consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom