• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Sales so far

D H

I'm beginning to wonder if DmC will actually ever reach 1,000,000 at the rate in which it is dropping from the charts.

D H

LOL. Let it go haters. Please. Welcome to Ignore list.
Umm... that was a bit melodramatic.

After 5 weeks:

NPD (North America) = 187,000 sales between PS3 and 360.

Media Create (Japan) = 168,000 sales for PS3

PAL Chartz = completely off the charts.

It is a fact that DmC is selling poorly. Me stating it doesn't mean I'm "Hating" on it. Hell, Darksiders II sold poorly and I enjoyed the hell out of that game.

FuN Batman

I wonder if Ninja Theory paid Hideki Kamiya off to lay off or made him sign a contract about commenting on the new DmC. My reason for thinking this is my stumbling across this article. (I can't post links until I comment more so just search for it yourself.)

Search for: "‘Devil May Cry’ Sequel Defended By Game Creator Hideki Kamiya"
(As you can see it's a very misleading title to say the least. Here is another with a less misleading bias.)
Search for: "What does Hideki Kamiya have to say about DmC Devil May Cry??"

Regardless of how you might want to translate his personal opinion from those comments, they're a very different tune from when the game was first revealed. After viewing this I remembered this other article (titled: "Dante Creator Hideki Kamiya Comments on the DmC Reboot") where he expressed some concern and overall seemed a bit ****ed about the reboot DmC and the remodeled Dante.

"Kamiya, the creator of the series at Capcom, hit out at DMC following its reveal at TGS this week.
When asked about the Ninja Theory-led reboot, Kamiya replied, “Whatever,” in a tweet in English.
One user then said he missed the old Dante, and Kamiya said, “I miss him, too...”
I've been sad since Dante left me,” he later replied."

Personally I'm happy this game bombed from Ninja Theory alienating the fans and just wanted to point out that the creator might be harboring the same feelings deep inside, ... under his contract and piles of money. What do you think?

PS: Don't get bent out of shape over some obvious trolling. Just laugh and move on.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
LOL. Let it go haters. Please. Welcome to Ignore list.
stop being so closed minded.

Just because someone posts less than favorable news towards the game doesn't automatically make them a hater.

People really need to lay off with this type of attitude, that goes for people who like the game and people who don't.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people

Just because someone posts less than favorable news towards the game doesn't automatically make them a hater.

People really need to lay off with this type of attitude, that goes for people who like the game and people who don't.

I saw this guy on tumblr, he's sort anti-hater to the point it's insane. For example the new Metal Gear coming out, he made a post that in revenge for what people said on DmC, people should hate on that game and gave a list of things of what to do and say. Where is the logic in that, hating on another fandom? @_@ it makes no damn sense.

I don't like it when people are dicks or when they're dicks to others, but that's it

Dnishe Ebanoye

I saw this guy on tumblr, he's sort anti-hater to the point it's insane. For example the new Metal Gear coming out, he made a post that in revenge for what people said on DmC, people should hate on that game and gave a list of things of what to do and say. Where is the logic in that, hating on another fandom? @_@ it makes no damn sense.
Nano-troll. Good plan.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Oooooh....wow o_o that's devious.
tumblr_mdu4xrjDEZ1qg1dtyo1_250_zpseba4ae16.gif

D H

I don't even "hate" the game. I mean, I would go back to the OG series in a heart beat given the option and was rather disappointed with what we got, but I've never once done the whole "DmC IS ****! IT RUINED THE FRANCHISE!!!!"

The franchise was done for if not for DmC since the people who made Devil May Cry 2, 3 and 4 didn't want to do it any longer. Without Itsuno and Kobayashi leading the helm; without Bingo writing; without Shibata composing; and without the original programmers, art directors, etc... Devil May Cry 5 would have essentially been a reboot anyway since it would have been nothing like the original Devil May Cry nor the three sequels that came after it.

And like I said, many games that I really liked/enjoyed sold poorly. Okami and God Hand tanked; Darksiders 2 sold well under expectations; and Bayonetta didn't sell enough to warrant a sequel in Sega's eyes. Those are just some games off the top of my head that I really enjoyed which sold poorly. I'm not hating on them by stating this as the companies themselves, if they are still around (aka Vigil Studios and Clover Studios closed doors... but Platinum Games flat out told fans that without Nintendo, Bayonetta 2 would have stayed cancelled), would tell you the same thing.

Top Bottom