• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Sales so far

snausages

Look, guys, here's the bottom line:

1) Any sequel, whether it be Devil May Cry 5 or DmC: Devil may Cry 2, will be a disappointment as Capcom will take a chainsaw to the budget. Game series that might not sell much over a million (if it ever reaches that, in DmC's case) lifetime don't get AAA budgets. Capcom was so sure that DmC would break sales records, so any confidence it has in the Devil May Cry name has been extremely shaken.

2) A DmC: Devil may Cry 2 will be closer to the original Devil May Cry titles than DmC was. Capcom will be looking to salvage some sales from the old fanbase as obviously they failed to get a new fanbase. So even if Capcom does go with Ninja Theory again, it won't be the DmC 2 that you want.

3) Devil May Cry 5, if it gets made, won't be the DMC 5 fans want. Itsuno is working on Dragon's Dogma 2; Kobayashi is working on Sengoku Basara 4 (if rumors prove to be true) as well as half a dozen other projects; Tetsuya Shibata (the composer for Devil May Cry 2, 3, and 4) left Capcom shortly after Devil May Cry 4 was released; Bingo (the main writer for Devil May Cry 3 and 4), left Capcom very shortly after Devil May Cry 4 was released; there is no gaurantee that Rueben Langdon and Johnny Yong Bosch will be available to do a Devil May Cry 5 as they both have several projects that they are working on and others that they are planning on in the future; and most of the former team that worked on Devil May Cry 2, 3, and 4 have now been split up across the company. So even a Devil May Cry 5 wouldn't make fans happy as there would be a brand new team with brand new voice actors on top of brand new writers. You may as well just make DmC: Devil may Cry 2 in that case.

4) With the expected rise in development costs Next Gen, the sales disappointment of DmC, and the uncertainty of Devil May Cry 5... Devil May Cry as a franchise may very well be hung up for the time being or for good at this point.

Nobody wins. This whole situation has just been one enormous nightmare for Capcom; for Ninja Theory; and for the fanbase as a whole.

I won't deny a little schadenfreude on my part when DmC performed badly in sales, but this is a sobering post. Whatever your view is on DmC, there's not much satisfaction to be got from the destruction of your favourite franchise.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I won't deny a little schadenfreude on my part when DmC performed badly in sales, but this is a sobering post. Whatever your view is on DmC, there's not much satisfaction to be got from the destruction of your favourite franchise.

The thing is, even if Devil May Cry as a series ceases to be, it's not like the game designers who made it will pop out of existence. They'll spread out into the industry, influence others and evolve as creative individuals to bring better games into the world. God knows that just by existing DMC has had a profound effect on the industry over the last ten years, and the people who grew up loving them will inevitably become game designers themselves.

You can't kill the CRAZY. The CRAZY is too strong.

MedicoreR

A DmC: Devil may Cry 2 will be closer to the original Devil May Cry titles than DmC was.
Of course it will. Because Dante is gonna has long WHITE HAIR. Its really sad cause of Capcom has really DEEPLY stupid fanbase.
Yeah thats true because:
Ive just seen people comments on MGR reviews. Everyone is so positive that it is unbelievable.
There's nothing special with weapons its all 1 weapon with same samurai slashes.But if it was DmC, weapons are never enough. Story,some cutscenes, f***ing LOONG dialogs, voice actings and stage desings are all crap. Its like a big boring joke. But hey, its not DmC so people respect it.
MGR hass very very mash friendly gameplay, but you know what, its not DmC so who cares, it is awesome.
There's no lock on but you know what WE (Stupid Capcom fans) love it because it is not DmC.
Combat is a little bit slow but it is faster than DmC, right? lol not even 1 complain about it.

Yeah it is true, it was all about having a white hair which covers 1 eye, and run like a anime ninja.I was an anime fan either.
But Jesus Christ grow up Capcom fanbase, grow up.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Yeah, stupid ANIME thematic influences! Not like DmC!

saiyandante_zps81bb789d.gif

Has it occurred to you that Metal Gear Rising doesn't have the name Devil May Cry, so people don't mind that it's different from pre-existing Devil May Cry games?

If you bring up the fact that Rising is unlike Solid, then the key to that quandary is in the very title you speak of.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
PIPE THE F*CK DOWN!
I wish I had a pipe, always wanted to smoke one of those...feel fancy and what not.
then give me two eyes made out of coal, a top hat and a carrot nose.
I'll be Winterfrosty the goddamn snowman.
Bumpity bump bump, bumpity bump bump
look at Winter go~
Bumpity bump bump, bumpity bump bump
Over the threads we go~! HO HO~!

Of course it will. Because Dante is gonna has long WHITE HAIR. Its really sad cause of Capcom has really DEEPLY stupid fanbase.
Still with the hair
Yeah thats true because:
Here we go
Ive just seen people comments on MGR reviews. Everyone is so positive that it is unbelievable.
People being positive about a game they enjoy? I'm shocked, almost too shocked for words.
There's nothing special with weapons its all 1 weapon with same samurai slashes.But if it was DmC, weapons are never enough.
Obviously you never played it or did very little research on the game, every weapon has different animations and things exclusive to it. You can't do a sword slash with a sai, and did you know? Mistrals Pole arm thing has different animations to Raidens Sword?
Story,some cutscenes, f***ing LOONG dialogs, voice actings and stage desings are all crap. Its like a big boring joke. But hey, its not DmC so people respect it.
None of the cutscenes are offensively long, Play it or do some research before you bash something.
MGR hass very very mash friendly gameplay, but you know what, its not DmC so who cares, it is awesome.
You can mash in BOTH games. It's up to the player to decide wether he or she would like to add some variety.
There's no lock on but you know what WE (Stupid Capcom fans) love it because it is not DmC.
There's a little circle that lets you know what you're targeting, also the camera is always focused on the enemy the lock on reticule is targeting.

Combat is a little bit slow but it is faster than DmC, right? lol not even 1 complain about it.

It runs at 60FPS DmC runs at 30FPS, Rising is faster because of 'Lightning Bolt Action' That's this games Blast Processing.

Yeah it is true, it was all about having a white hair which covers 1 eye, and run like a anime ninja.I was an anime fan either.
But Jesus Christ grow up Capcom fanbase, grow up.

heh.

Never bring up the hair, because:
1. Dante's hair turns white in game.
2. No one takes you seriously when you bring that up as a legit complaint.

MedicoreR

Ive finished the game days ago, i was checking messages while playing cause it was too boring. Ive played the demo way before. See how stupid a hater can be?

MedicoreR

@Marionette Cherry
- Still with the hair
Yeah, cause people are still stupid

- People being positive about a game they enjoy? I'm shocked, almost too shocked for words.
People being positive about a game which is worse on every element aganist DmC-the game got the most nonsense also biggest hate in the universe-

- Obviously you never played it or did very little research on the game
Look who's talking? A DmC hater tells me to PLAY the game before JUDGE? wow...thats new.

- None of the cutscenes are offensively long, Play it or do some research before you bash something.
I think you are stupid, why? Because i said ''DIALOGS ARE LONG''. It is normal, cause you are a hater. Nonsense is all you got.

- You can mash in BOTH games. It's up to the player to decide wether he or she would like to add some variety.
Let me remind me your words ''People being positive about a game they enjoy?'' See? You'll never complain about anything about MGR but DmC. See the difference? How equal you are?

- There's a little circle that lets you know what you're targeting, also the camera is always focused on the enemy the lock on reticule is targeting.
So there's no lock on? But are you complaining about it?
No.
Why? You did the same with DmC. You said
''Where the f*** is lock-on button'' in every comment, every post. Because its MGR, because you hate DmC and you HAVE TO love MGR.

- It runs at 60FPS DmC runs at 30FPS, Rising is faster because of 'Lightning Bolt Action' That's this games Blast Processing.
DmC is also at 60FPS. But you know, i know, everybody knows that MGR responds worse than DmC does.

Never bring up the hair, because:
1. Dante's hair turns white in game.
2. No one takes you seriously when you bring that up as a legit complaint.

I beg to differ.
1- He is not anime enough. He had to has LONG WHITE HAIR covered his one eye.
2- No one takes you seriously when you yell ''YOU DIDNT PLAY THE GAME, GO PLAY IT FIRST'' to me while i was the first guy who actually played the whole game in here.

Note: Macrabe, i dont care about you, you really love to write SO MUCH and insult like teenage kid does. If you werent insult me in your FIRST reply, i would love to discuss but talk someone else with your Jersey Shore mouth

I don't think I said once I hate DmC.

Did I?

Oh yeah, if 4 games in the series had a lock on button, you'd expect people to ask why it's absent in the latest installment, just saying.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
So there's no lock on? But are you complaining about it?
No.
Why? You did the same with DmC. You said ''Where the f*** is lock-on button'' in every comment, every post. Because its MGR, because you hate DmC and you HAVE TO love MGR.

But MGR does have hard lock on and soft lock on.

DmC is also at 60FPS. But you know, i know, everybody knows that MGR responds worse than DmC does.

DmC is only 60 FPS on the PC version while MGR is 60 FPS on console.

And in general, your arguments aren't really strong.

So yeah.

Just saying.

8PLDQ34.png

Ters

is MGR the new benchmark for DmC to beat now that its become clear it will never measure up to its predecessors?

cuz suddenly I'm starting to notice some people around here ****ting on it just as hard as "THA HATURRRZ" they previously bawled so much about

is MGR the new benchmark for DmC to beat now that its become clear it will never measure up to its predecessors?

cuz suddenly I'm starting to notice some people around here ****ting on it just as hard as "THA HATURRRZ" they previously bawled so much about

DmC 'Those' fans have more wood to fuel the fire and keep it burning now, because Rising is getting lower scores.
I can see this place getting hectic once 'those' people confirm this for themselves. If, no when that happens I'll do a Dante.

Actually, this is more fitting

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Well, who doesn't love a hulking badass normal with a BFS and a **** fate attitude who kicks the **** out of demonic gods?

Top Bottom