• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC retrospective by Foxcade

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Honestly i don't feel Tameem said anything truly offensive or wrong. He just comes across as holier than thou/prententious (like David cage).

Capcom screwed DmC from the start by making it a non-canon spinoff. Ideally they should have let NT do a spinoff with a different character like a Lady/Trish game or a Nero game. They would have had more freedom to play around but still have the classic series safety net. Or maybe just do a remake for 2.

They could still have done a prequel for Dante. You would split it between two time periods with tgs10 Dante being the past and Classic Dante being the present. Ultimately the story would end and you could last scene be a scene that places it before a game.

Ultimately hindsight is a pain and whats done is done.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I just give my two cents on the issue. I won't bother repeat my opinion on DmC itself, buuut, sorry, I think Tameem is walking PR disaster. He kept throwing dumb remarks like Dante isn't cool and how Trish and Lady were prostites with guns, that only ****ed more people. I know Lords of Darkness was hated by many castelvania fans, but at least it's director didn't actively crapped on his potential buyers for 3 years. And it's only final straw. Before it, he ruined relationship with both Sony and Namco. Result was worse that they predicted. Not only multiple projects of NT were turned down by multple publishers, they basically came to the point they only had to sell themselves to Msoft. And it after their preaching about being "free AAA studio". Results speak for themselves. If you want to do your own thing do it, but consider what you say and do in public :/

Top Bottom