• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC retrospective by Foxcade

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I didn't know where else to put this, so I decided this was somewhat relevant to this topic.

I actually like Dreamcast Guy, even after he made this vid. His criticisms don't really contain any of the venom I see in other videos of the same type. He acknowledges that, no matter how flawed its presentation, "DmC wasn't a bad title."

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, I saw that on release. I'm glad there is someone who is willing to try hard to not be on either side of the argument. I've been very vocal about my dislike for this game but I dislike even more any unfair treatment of anything and the way the people who made the game have been lynched is unfair.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Honestly I really wish Capcom would of let NJ go through with their original vision of DmC.
Hmm. I don't know about that. NT seems to like mentally not all that healthy characters to their games but it's had both successful and not attempts in terms of how they contribute to the actual game. It'd been 50/50 as to whether or not it turned out good or not.

DarkSlayerVergil

Hmm. I don't know about that. NT seems to like mentally not all that healthy characters to their games but it's had both successful and not attempts in terms of how they contribute to the actual game. It'd been 50/50 as to whether or not it turned out good or not.
True but their original trailer look really interesting. Especially the dark and bizarre tone it set up with the new Dante.

Bueno, voy a hacer que el primer demonio llore bastante encantador, pero admito que dmc 1 no envejeció muy bien el dmc 2, bueno, no lo considero tan malo como dicen, pero si fue mediocre, el dmc 3 es mi favorito. agarró lo mejor de 1 y 2 y mejoré con una pelea memorable y el único sonido del dmc 4 así que no pensé que era malo pero admitir que el juego estaba incompleto y con DmC, el demonio puede llorar es algo muy extraño, creo que viejo Los fanáticos lo odiaban, pero a los nuevos jugadores les encantará. Me encanta DmC. Me gusta mucho su jugabilidad y su diseño de nivel. Lo siento mi ingles no es muy bueno

DarkSlayerVergil

Bueno, voy a hacer que el primer demonio llore bastante encantador, pero admito que dmc 1 no envejeció muy bien el dmc 2, bueno, no lo considero tan malo como dicen, pero si fue mediocre, el dmc 3 es mi favorito. agarró lo mejor de 1 y 2 y mejoré con una pelea memorable y el único sonido del dmc 4 así que no pensé que era malo pero admitir que el juego estaba incompleto y con DmC, el demonio puede llorar es algo muy extraño, creo que viejo Los fanáticos lo odiaban, pero a los nuevos jugadores les encantará. Me encanta DmC. Me gusta mucho su jugabilidad y su diseño de nivel. Lo siento mi ingles no es muy bueno
Estoy de acuerdo con la mayoría de su publicación, lo cual es irónico ya que DMC2 fue mi primer juego.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@DarkSlayerVergil
I was fond of the reveal trailer too. It was pretty cool and I was curious as to how they were gonna reconcile this new portrayal with the classic one.

It would have been better if they had tge game set in two seperate time periods. Like we have Dante in his younger days and we have segments with classic dante coming back to Limbo city for a gig etc.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Honestly I really wish Capcom would of let NJ go through with their original vision of DmC.

That depends on which version of their "original" vision. Before, NT were planning on making a Devil May Cry that stuck physically close to the classic series with the white hair and red coat n' all. However, Capcom told them to change it all and make it more different.

Now, I would've loved to have seen the DmC of 2010 TGS. It had a mystery to it, and that gritty, edgy feel that I love. I would've preferred he still had a sword though. However, he does look better in the actual released game, but that mentally insane element would've really added a level of depth to the game, so it was a shame to see it go.

But then there came Capcom, playing the Warner Bros. card and began course correcting the idea because it seemed "too dark". Which lead us to having a carbon copy of the classic Devil May Cry in some regards.

DarkSlayerVergil

That depends on which version of their "original" vision. Before, NT were planning on making a Devil May Cry that stuck physically close to the classic series with the white hair and red coat n' all. However, Capcom told them to change it all and make it more different.

Now, I would've loved to have seen the DmC of 2010 TGS. It had a mystery to it, and that gritty, edgy feel that I love. I would've preferred he still had a sword though. However, he does look better in the actual released game, but that mentally insane element would've really added a level of depth to the game, so it was a shame to see it go.

But then there came Capcom, playing the Warner Bros. card and began course correcting the idea because it seemed "too dark". Which lead us to having a carbon copy of the classic Devil May Cry in some regards.
True though I feel as though honestly both Capcom and fans(well the ones that overreacted) are the reason for the drastic change. Fans for not waiting to judje before they tried the finish product and Capcom for too much inteference. Also loving your Superman avatar.

DragonMaster2010

I was neutral towards the first part, but really? that's how he starts it? by making Tameem look as if he is disdainful of those two? I can tell I'll hate this part a whole lot more.

Actually he didn't necessarily call Tameem an awful person. He made note of how difficult he made the dissonance between him and the fanbase. And to be honest, Tameem IS part of the fault for the bad blood. The backhanded comments he made on classic Dante's look was worded in the worst way and the fanbase ate it up as (another) reason to be against the reboot.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
@DragonMaster2010

I'd respond to you, but even hinting at what I'm thinking would be verboten.

To be honest, I can't give my thoughts on this without being overly negative, so I won't.

We could cover this in PM, though I doubt that would be much better...

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

@DragonMaster2010

I'd respond to you, but even hinting at what I'm thinking would be verboten.

To be honest, I can't give my thoughts on this without being overly negative, so I won't.

We could cover this in PM, though I doubt that would be much better...
I don't necessarily mean Tameem is a bad person for saying what he said; its his opinion based on the game and atmosphere of the setting NT was making. However it was how he worded it that created issues.

Top Bottom