• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Remake?

Should Capcom remake DMC

• Yes

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

$JP

Supreme Ruler
After playing DMC3, I decided to play DMC1. When I did, I don't know how to describe it but the story just seemed like it didn't connect. So I was thinking, since capcom made a remake for RE, should Capcom make a remake for DMC, to freshen up the original and connect it with DMC3? Tell me what you think?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
It would be a great thing to do. Also add some things. Change some things for better - Nelo Angelo talking for example:p
Better graphics etc.
Although I doubt it.
I was glad when a FF7 video which showed the opening in Advent Children like graphics make an appearance hinting that they might make a FF7 remake - upgraded - too but they ditched it.
For some reasons the companies don't fancy remakes..

Arwen

Lost Soul
I don't think they should change the story. Maybe better graphics but that's it. There are gaps between games so a lot could happen during that time which makes them not match up probably.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Definitely. I think a Devil May Cry remake would be awesome. I mean, when Resident Evil Rebirth was released for the Nintendo GameCube I just couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I think Capcom could do an awesome job with Devil May Cry and make it ten times better if they began remaking it again.

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
hands down yes. DMC1 would be my fav if it had looser gameplay like 3 and the loose ends were tied up. Oh and if the dialog wasn't so corny(and Trish doesn't come out of a wall to save Dante).

But I'd rather see a remake of DMC2 with completely new everything but same general idea(Older Dante a wee colder was fine but keep the taunts)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yes it is true that DMC2 HAD some good points. 'Tis too bad they made it like that.
But DMC1 is epic. That is why is should be given another chance and that is also why the makers will be hesitant about the idea.

$JP

Supreme Ruler
Well, so far we don't know anything about DMC for the PSP, and yes I also heard it might be a remake but then again who knows what it's gonna be?

Blood Knight

Demon Warrior
a remake of dmc1 would be interesting if they updated the graphics and just fixed and maybe added a few things(like a new weapon or two). But i agree tha dmc2 needs almost a total remake to fix the things that went wrong.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
$JP;48538 said:
Well, so far we don't know anything about DMC for the PSP, and yes I also heard it might be a remake but then again who knows what it's gonna be?

>_> yeah if they ever get around to making it.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
I also say a remake would be great! Especially if they put it for ps3 or Xbox 360. The graphics could change a bit too along the way. Especially the hideous LIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHHTTTTTT scene.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
better graphics, a level select, a bloody palace option and a two player remake of this game would make it one in a million.;)

Sleeping Giant

Vergilissexy;48430 said:
They could always change that LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT scene XD. Or atleast get a better VA.

I love that scene, I think its the best part in DMC1.

Now, about the remake, I personally think that if they're ever gonna make a remake it will be of DMC1 only and not 2, if they really want to remake DMC they're gonna have to pack it together with DMC1, cuz lets face it DMC2 is just not a money-spinner.

And the idea of a remake is really not that far fetched because a remake would probably be multi-platform, since DMC4 is going to be multi-platform then capcom would probably like the Xbox wielding new DMC fans to have a little backstory by playing the older games as well.

I think the idea of a remake would be great, playing DMC2 on the PC opens up many many new opportunities to make the game much more interesting (thinking infinite devil trigger :D)

Zem

god no i have no want of a DMC remake, the only way i'd buy it is if it was the same exact game, but portable. other than that no freaking way. the reson is DMC3, it stained the name for me i mean the vocie acting was terrible & the graphics just didn't sit well,(manly in the eyes & teeth) so i say no way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom