• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Release Date

ZeroLove

Not really.

Only thing people know is that its supposed to be released in 2012.

But thats about it.

If I had to guess, judging by the latest trailers and the fact that NT keeps stressing that the game is still "In Development" in those trailers, I would say that it will be released around fall of next year or around the holidays.

Okay, thanks. ^^
I just got confused when people started stating different things.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
No idea. It's just a shopping website like Amazon or something so I guess they can get their facts wrong, though my friend swears bu this site and she said that most of the time you get the game a day early. I hope it is! But that would mean it's out before the DMC HD collection.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I think the reason why the release Date hasn't been set is because of HD Collection:

If we release DMC HD afteR DmC will it get us more buyers? Or will it possibly hogg many fans who don't want DmC?
If we release after DmC?

I remember they said that they wanted DMC HD to be also a introduction to DMC game history. Then why not release it early?

ZeroLove

I think the reason why the release Date hasn't been set is because of HD Collection:

If we release DMC HD afteR DmC will it get us more buyers? Or will it possibly hogg many fans who don't want DmC?
If we release after DmC?

I remember they said that they wanted DMC HD to be also a introduction to DMC game history. Then why not release it early?

The HD collection will definately give fans some blood on their teeth and makes them wanting for more. Releasing the new Devil May Cry after it would be a good strategic move, because it will make sure that there will be more buyers and greater sales. It's general marketing knowledge.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
The HD collection will definately give fans some blood on their teeth and makes them wanting for more. Releasing the new Devil May Cry after it would be a good strategic move, because it will make sure that there will be more buyers and greater sales. It's general marketing knowledge.
Even though it seems fullproof that knowledge does have any gurantee. That is why i wrote it as a question in previous post. That knowledge does not include things like:

- Values that Gamers have: How they look at games and game producers
- The big blow that is DmC Dante

Assassin's creed to Assassin's creed 2 to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and AC: Revelation.
Let's try that with DMC: DMC 1, DMC 2, DMC 3, DMC 4... AND (YES AND!) DmC the reboot.

And what if the players who play DMC HD go through the same change that is DmC? That they play DMC 1, 2, 3 and then look for DMC 4 and DmC. And see in DmC that Dante is rebooted, and it's no longer the Dante he/she knew from DMC HD collection?

There is a reason Mario is Mario, Link is Link, Snake is Snake, Megaman characters are megaman and Sonic is Sonic.
Creating a new character based off a original character where the changes are huge isn't something people like.

ZeroLove

WARNING! Alot of big images incoming!

This is Megaman.

megaman-mv2.jpg

Isn't he cute? ^^
He shot his way through many robot-baddies in the original Megaman series. But then he got an upgrade into Megaman X!

megaman-h3.jpg

He looks basically the same, but with some armour upgrades. Then Capcom decided to go another direction into 3D and made Megaman Legends.

megaman-legends3.png

Fans were outraged! The gameplay was different and though he looks somewhat like Megaman, fans could not accept that this is indeed Megaman. After many years, this Megaman got a big and strong fanbase, so Capcom made a sequal, Megaman Legends 2, and the fanbase got bigger. Fans were beginning to accept this Megaman more and more. So Capcom wanted to make a third Megaman Legends game, but it was CANCELLED! Fans were outraged! I mean REALLY outraged! And these are the same fans who in the beginning didn't even like this Megaman!

After Pokemon became so known, Capcom wanted to try and do something alike with Megaman as well and so Megeman.EXE was born!

meganew5.jpg

At this time fans were getting used to see their hero getting make-overs from time to time and the reaction wasn't that big. So Capcom did the same with Zero when they made a game with him being the hero, Megaman Zero! Yes, Capcom is very creative with their game titles. XD
This is how he looks like in Megaman X:

zero-h2.jpg

And this is how he looks like in Megaman Zero:

zero-megaman2.jpg

Capcom did the same with Jill Valentine from Resident Evil and that wasn't even part of a reboot, that was part of the canon storyline.

jill-re3-render.jpg

jill-re3render.jpg

jill-battle.jpg

My point is that in due time the outraged fans about the new Dante will slowly calm down and maybe even start to accept the new Dante, maybe even LIKE him and want to see more of him in more games with him. Only time will tell. Reboots tend to start out having a negative feel on the fans, but then they get used to it and start to accept it if the games are doing well. So I'm not really all that worried about the many fans who are all against the new Devil May Cry and the new Dante. ^^

Gaflima

Son of no one.
Make the peoples adopt the changes of Dante maybe not, but i think that the HD collection, even if minimally, will make the players want to play or at least see a new DMC, even being a reboot. and it probaly increase the sales.

ZeroLove

Make the peoples adopt the changes of Dante maybe not, but i think that the HD collection, even if minimally, will make the players want to play or at least see a new DMC, even being a reboot. and it probaly increase the sales.

My point exactly. Thanks. ^^
Gonna go to bed now. Night night. zzz

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
It's changed on ShopTo, it's now 1/05/12. Just don't trust any shopping sites, lol. Can't wait for the HD collection ^^

Undying Wrath

I know for a fact thar it is before Q3 2012 partly because the release for SCV overshadows DMC HD. it makes perfect sence to keep the release of DMC5 within a few months of that in order to keep profits up and create a potentialy new fan bace for the re emagioning.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
the mod at nt forums confirmed that there is no revealed release date for the game yet.

dammit, wrong place.

Well Zweilove, i get your examples but Dante was more radically changed as most people couldnt tell he was dante.

Plus Jill just changed her close and hair.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Mega Man and Mega Man X look cool, I'm indifferent on Mega Man EXE. The first and second Jill look better than MvC3 Jill. But they still look like Mega Man and Jill, New Dante is different. Half of the fans will accept New Danete and the other half will not. Simple as that.

Ana

All the Mega Men (?) are different characters, mostly in one timeline no less. The only "reboot" one is Megaman.exe, and even then I think one thing that helped was how much time had passed since the original MM game.

RE5 Jill looks like Nina Williams. Distressingly so. I don't think it's easy to guess she's actually Jill when you first see her. It slightly helps if you play the additional scenario that takes place before the game, where she's got the ponytail and cap look going, but still... Anyway, at least it's kind of explained (through Science).

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Either the "End of the work day exhaustion" has already gotten to me, or I am blind. I see nowhere that it says the game is going to be release at the end of 2012. All I see is TBA

ReRave

smug jerk
Either the "End of the work day exhaustion" has already gotten to me, or I am blind. I see nowhere that it says the game is going to be release at the end of 2012. All I see is TBA
That's due to the fact, that there is no release date. So, yes, your eye-sight is just as good as ours.

Top Bottom