• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC : "Metal and GO " One of the best DmC combo videos

AngelMode

That video isn't too new but I do agree the editing skills are pretty off the charts there.

Believe it or not, at this point some of these combos aren't even all that good anymore :p People have been discovering ridiculous stuff that I'm only half-way perfecting still.

seraphmaycry

pretty cool but i agree since its a demo it does not have many fun parts thus less reason to practice thus amateur vids to be fair though the options available are so limited you can to much to impress

Gbraga

The editing is superb, the combos not so much

EDIT: Not that they're bad, it's just that I can't get excited seeing stuff I can do myself, I like to get my mind blown watching combo videos.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Every new combo video i see doesn't have too many things in them that i cannot do myself, but they player plays in a completely different style than me and it looks very sweet. Almost inspires me to take a different approach next time. Very awesome editing btw.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Every new combo video i see doesn't have too many things in them that i cannot do myself, but they player plays in a completely different style than me and it looks very sweet. Almost inspires me to take a different approach next time. Very awesome editing btw.

I feel the same way. I've gotten down being able to consistently cancel the way you should in this game, and it's fun, but StyleSky's got a much more different approach, they actually take the time to put together great loops and make use of dashes and gravity. I'm still an aggressive player, so sometimes it slips my mind to let some of the other mechanics do some of the work, too.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Canceling in this game is fun. In DMC3 all you had to do was figure out repetitive timing and POOF infinite JC's.

what i really like most is how agile Dante is, maybe went a little over board with all the different possible ways of dodging, but it really looks cool if you can dodge differently, i guess.

I usually try to stay grounded with rebellion and try to group enemies together, and just tag the enemies with light multiple attacks. I don't flat out destroy them because its really, REALLY easy to destroy them fast (that was the case for all DMC games though) And since i've completely the demo.....god knows how many times.... I try to prolong the inevitable. I cannot wait to have access to all the weapons though, i think its greatly gonna expand the game play. I wasn't a big fan of the style system in DMC4 so i'm kinda hesitant to use the D-pad. But thats what so fun about DmC, i'm always able to do Trickster like moves, and i'm a fan of parrying but i not a fan of changing styles just to block. I really dig how NT made this game so accessible, its what DMC4 should have been.

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
That split-move in air when he repeats it on 1.28-1.32min, is that edited??? or can i do that on demo on ps3 or is this from pc-version??

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That split-move in air when he repeats it on 1.28-1.32min, is that edited??? or can i do that on demo on ps3 or is this from pc-version??

You can do that in the demo. You have to keep sliding your thumb from Jump to Special in a rhythm to do it.

Azurel

Canceling in this game is fun. In DMC3 all you had to do was figure out repetitive timing and POOF infinite JC's.

what i really like most is how agile Dante is, maybe went a little over board with all the different possible ways of dodging, but it really looks cool if you can dodge differently, i guess.

I usually try to stay grounded with rebellion and try to group enemies together, and just tag the enemies with light multiple attacks. I don't flat out destroy them because its really, REALLY easy to destroy them fast (that was the case for all DMC games though) And since i've completely the demo.....god knows how many times.... I try to prolong the inevitable. I cannot wait to have access to all the weapons though, i think its greatly gonna expand the game play. I wasn't a big fan of the style system in DMC4 so i'm kinda hesitant to use the D-pad. But thats what so fun about DmC, i'm always able to do Trickster like moves, and i'm a fan of parrying but i not a fan of changing styles just to block. I really dig how NT made this game so accessible, its what DMC4 should have been.

The different "Wall Hike/Angel Glides" back and forth were the best part. You couldn't even do that in DMC3 unless you had an enemy to jump off of. It does look cool, and it shows us something that was almost never used in a DMC game before -- at least, not in that way.

I also like the fact that it's accessible. But as one thread pointed out, the Demon Dodge should have been a Demon block. The mid-air "stay-in-place" flip-dodge is pretty much just a fancy Royal Guard. Regardless, You should have been able to do the same thing on the ground, instead of just rolling backwards on the default command. There are far too many ways to dodge in this game.

An idea I had for the dodge button is that on it's own, it could have been a block. And when you press it while moving in a certain direction, it would become a dodge. It makes sense when you think of it that way.

Off Topic:

I noticed that one of the Aguila moves had an attack similar to Twosome Time. I think that weapon is supposed to take the place of Gunslinger, Lucifer, and Artemis. In that regard, I think that particular Devil Arm may have been a well-executed fusion of weapons and play-styles. Twosome Time is still needed, however. It should have been made possible to pull off through "forward-forward ranged button", or back forward. Or even Melee + Ranged + Directional Input. It could have been done.

And I take back what I said about Aguila just being a lazy way to combine ranged + melee. That was before I saw the two blades keeping two different enemies in the air.

No glitches in this video, it seems. That could be just due to editing though. Either way, my faith has been somewhat restored. Although, I'm still cautious about the end result.

Now, I'm just waiting to see what they can do in DmC 2 gameplay-wise -- if it ever comes out, that is. I'm still worried that Capcom might return to the previous series. After this, to me, there is no going back.

And after this, who could the villain possibly be? If it's Vergil again, then it might get old. I only wanted a sequel in the first place so that it could improve upon the first game's flaws and add everything we wanted to add.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Here's the second best.
This guy is better

Offtopic

Now, I'm just waiting to see what they can do in DmC 2 gameplay-wise -- if it ever comes out, that is. I'm still worried that Capcom might return to the previous series. After this, to me, there is no going back.

And after this, who could the villain possibly be? If it's Vergil again, then it might get old. I only wanted a sequel in the first place so that it could improve upon the first game's flaws and add everything we wanted to add.

I've been wondering about whether or not DmC2 should be made first or DMC5.
For DMC5, Now that game has a lot to prove. In every aspect because if its just another DMC3 clone with nothing added too it, just like true fans really want, i'd probably still buy it, but... it would be another missed opportunity for Capcom.

But if its DmC2, thats where the story should get very interesting. The story so far is ok, but the presentation is whats got me so interested. I mean NT still has to maintain some continuity from the Originals, but thats about it. After its over, DmC2 can do whatever its wants. And thats what i want to see. Its just like the Amazing Spiderman movie. Why the **** did we need to see peter get bit by a spider again? Everyone and there mama' knows. But i guess in DmC's case, Dante isnt as ICONIC as some people believe he is, thus another Origins(that actually explains his origins) .And so far the combat is fresh and fun and i would love to see a deeper more complexed version at some point. Feels like DMC1 all over again

Top Bottom