• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC is powered by Unreal engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
I don't know if it deserves a new thread but I created a new one just to make everyone see it and talk about their opinions.

Okay
NT said on their forum that DmC is powered by Unreal engine "the engine that EPIC GAMES created" and . . . . .:wacko: I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO SAY . it's the same engine that they used in Enslaved and i played Enslaved and liked it's graphics but they're not clear and smooth like DMC4's . and i think Unreal engine is perfect in FPS/TPS games but Hack n' Slash action Adventure >_<
I want to perform a savage FATALITY on the fu**in' creative director.
Why didn't they just use the same FU**in' engine ??
I think they can't handle it or it's complicated to use.

it's getting worse , every time they announce something about the game they drives me CRAZY

Here is the whole article

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
batman arkham asylum used the unreal engine and it was incredible.

i don't think you have anything to be too worried about.

Joel94

well the unreal engine was made for fps games (i read that in an interview for batman arkham city), but they aslo said that they've been making improvements on to work better for all other types of games or at least that's what i understand but i think that the unreal engine is great for any game and DmC looks amazing by the trailer

Dark Drakan

Admin
The unreal engine is superb and very versatile, you might be surprised at the amount of games that arent FPS games that use it.

aka958

Don't trust people
Dark Drakan;279253 said:
The unreal engine is superb and very versatile, you might be surprised at the amount of games that arent FPS games that use it.

This.
The Unreal engine = Epic. =D

Maybe I'll look into the gameplay and buy the game just for that anyways. :p

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;279253 said:

Like Mass Effect games, Gears of War games, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Transformers: War For Cybertron, and the upcoming Enslaved, right? If yes, then I will get this game. :D If it comes out soon, though...

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;279259 said:
Like Mass Effect games, Gears of War games, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Transformers: War For Cybertron, and the upcoming Enslaved, right? If yes, then I will get this game. :D If it comes out soon, though...

Yeah they are a mere handful of examples.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
As I said on the other thread, I think UE is amazing. It has a lot of potential for non-fps games, it would be great on dmc.

Another game that is using unreal engine is Asura's Wrath. If you didn't see any video yet, check it out. Looks very promising.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I don't have the knowledge about this Engine...but it sounds pretty cool...I will have to find a game that runs off of it

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
Faustinasa;279541 said:
I don't have the knowledge about this Engine...but it sounds pretty cool...I will have to find a game that runs off of it

Gears of war 1/2/3
Batman Arkham asylum
Unreal tournament 3
Enslaved
bulletstorm

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
A.$h!nati;279552 said:
Gears of war 1/2/3
Batman Arkham asylum
Unreal tournament 3
Enslaved
bulletstorm

Thanks, I'll try them out sometime if I can get my hands on 'em.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
^^^ Bulletstorm is not released yet but you can try Gears of war 2 to see how the unreal engine is powerful in TPS/FPS games , and try enslaved demo from XBL/PSN to see how ninja theory used the engine in action/adventure game.

I don't think they pushed the engine to it's limits . because i've played Gears of war series and saw how great the engine can be.

ZenTzen

Putting aside the design choices for the new DmC, the problem with the unreal engine is that while it can be used to develop games with great graphics these games suffer on the framerate department, while a great company with great programmers can work around this making the framerate drops and jaggys almost non existent, NT still has to prove any proficiency with this engine in any of their games, especially with Enslaved, the framerate stutters on both console versions, animations break and the game skips on the xbox and ps3 versions.

It’s a fact the U3 engine didn’t favor the gameplay at all as these are faults that mess up the action, which is nothing too complex or special to begin with. As the Enslaved demo showed, the combat is the worst of all, sluggish and boring, also the game runs at 24 frames per second at best, how can these guys pull DmC off when it’s all about fast paced combat and style with high and smooth framerate? I’m really on the negative side on this point, YES they are accustomed to the UE3 but for this type of game its not the best choice and NT still have to show us that they know what their doing with this engine aside of AWESOME GRAPHICS.

I'm pretty sure its not with a great storyline and graphics while sacrificing the gameplay we know and love which is an integral part of any DMC game that they are going to pull in the fanbase or pulling new people in.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
ZenTzen;279906 said:
Putting aside the design choices for the new DmC, the problem with the unreal engine is that while it can be used to develop games with great graphics these games suffer on the framerate department, while a great company with great programmers can work around this making the framerate drops and jaggys almost non existent, NT still has to prove any proficiency with this engine in any of their games, especially with Enslaved, the framerate stutters on both console versions, animations break and the game skips on the xbox and ps3 versions.

It’s a fact the U3 engine didn’t favor the gameplay at all as these are faults that mess up the action, which is nothing too complex or special to begin with. As the Enslaved demo showed, the combat is the worst of all, sluggish and boring, also the game runs at 24 frames per second at best, how can these guys pull DmC off when it’s all about fast paced combat and style with high and smooth framerate? I’m really on the negative side on this point, YES they are accustomed to the UE3 but for this type of game its not the best choice and NT still have to show us that they know what their doing with this engine aside of AWESOME GRAPHICS.

I'm pretty sure its not with a great storyline and graphics while sacrificing the gameplay we know and love which is an integral part of any DMC game that they are going to pull in the fanbase or pulling new people in.

That's exactly what i'm talking about but have to disagree on some points.
first : Enslaved gameplay , for me the combat was good and fun and i expect more moves and skills in the full version but like what u said the frame rate is not good for action/adventure game that includes fast moves and combos.

Second : Gears of war 2 runs at 30 frames per second and it was great and smooth that means it depends on how much the developer now about the engine and how skills he is using this engine.
EPIC is the developer of this engine and they are pro's on it because they know every single little thing about it.

NT should improve their skills to make DmC's gameplay perfect and fast like the old DMCs.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
To be honest, I'm not really a fan of the Unreal engine. It's instantly recognisable in a game using it and some its features I don't like too much. Gears of War is the only game I've played where I didn't find it too jarring, and the lighting in games using Unreal tends to bug me. The physics of the dead bodies kind of bugs me too.

I saw the Enslaved demo and I did not like the way Monkey moved or the lighting - I think I'd have a raging migraine after half an hour of actual play. Really hope Dante doesn't run about anything like that (I know they have made his movements animalistic using Andy Serkis; I just don't like the movements in Unreal games in general). Screen tear in the demo and reported issues with controls not getting the attention they should've. Hoping these probs don't find their way into DmC, although I'm fairly sure I'll have beef with the lighting and the bodies, as usual. The prospect of sub-par controls for DmC worries me. A game like DMC gets old fast with badly designed controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom