• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Hit Points

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
You receive Ophion from that otherworldly place, and start out with just the Angel Lift. A little bit later, you'll also receive the Demon Pull. They're both gained from that otherworldly place, not a boss :/

Looking at it, there's seven(?) bosses? And how many melee weapons? Rebellion, Osiris, and Arbiter are all acquired through gameplay and not bosses, so that's three down. Eryx is received from Poison, and Aquila from Barbas, so that's two bosses. Revenant seems to be given to Dante by someone (shown slid to him in the demo's end-mission trailer), and Kablooey...seems like it also might be given to him. I'm not sure there's enough bosses left to give out weapons.

Oh, and the Tyrant is just that fatty Tank, you're essential "early boss turned mook mid-game."

I'm going to assume Vergil slides it to you during the escape from the Virility factory.

Paexie

You receive Ophion from that otherworldly place, and start out with just the Angel Lift. A little bit later, you'll also receive the Demon Pull. They're both gained from that otherworldly place, not a boss :/

Looking at it, there's seven(?) bosses? And how many melee weapons? Rebellion, Osiris, and Arbiter are all acquired through gameplay and not bosses, so that's three down. Eryx is received from Poison, and Aquila from Barbas, so that's two bosses. Revenant seems to be given to Dante by someone (shown slid to him in the demo's end-mission trailer), and Kablooey...seems like it also might be given to him. I'm not sure there's enough bosses left to give out weapons.

Oh, and the Tyrant is just that fatty Tank, you're essential "early boss turned mook mid-game."
Wait... then what the hell do you get from the Hunter? His grappling hook looks identical to the demon pull, so I thought it would make sense to get it from him. Then again the other weapons don't really have a resemblance to the bosses, huh... This is just odd to me. Oh well.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Wait... then what the hell do you get from the Hunter? His grappling hook looks identical to the demon pull, so I thought it would make sense to get it from him. Then again the other weapons don't really have a resemblance to the bosses, huh... This is just odd to me. Oh well.
I also thought you got the hook from the Hunter I mean.......it's the exact same thing Dante has.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, that surprised me too. I was certain you'd get it from him - it made so much sense!

But, I saw a video of him getting the Demon Pull in the same way you get Angel Lift :/

But hey, the first bosses of DMC3 and 4 didn't give us new abilities either :p

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Yeah, that surprised me too. I was certain you'd get it from him - it made so much sense!

But, I saw a video of him getting the Demon Pull in the same way you get Angel Lift :/

But hey, the first bosses of DMC3 and 4 didn't give us new abilities either :p
This is true.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control

Hunter is supposed to be like Vanguard in DMC3. A training boss.

Eryx kinda resembles Poison's body and arms I guess.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
You know, this is totally off topic, but I only just noticed this.

Aquila means Eagle. You get it from beating Bob Barbas, the spokesdemon of the Raptor (the family of predator bird Eagles are a part of) News Network.
Oh ho ho, I see what you did there Ninja Theory. :)

ChaserTech

No lie, for some reason everytime I see the name "Bob Barbas" my brain thinks "Bob Barker".

. . . Please don't ask me why. lol

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
No lie, for some reason everytime I see the name "Bob Barbas" my brain thinks "Bob Barker".

. . . Please don't ask me why. lol

bobbarkermeme.jpg

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Eryx kinda resembles Poison's body and arms I guess.

Not entirely. All of the weapons you get have some resemblance to Rebellion's design, because it's the sword actually morphing into the new weapon. The pommel on the end of Osiris' snaith is the same one on Rebellion, Arbiter's whole shaft is an elongated version of Rebellion's grip, the forearms of Eryx are spiral engravings like Rebellion's grip, and Aquila...hard to see, but I'm pretty sure there's a common theme between it and Rebellion, too :x

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
NT has said that you will be able to access any weapon instantly. Adding more weapons than the ones we have seen would make it so that some weapons can't be accessed instantly. Therefore we can conclude that down is for kablooy and that we have seen every weapon. It would be cool if there were more weapons but there is no room for them with the current control scheme and we have as many guns as DMC4 and as many melee weapons as DMC3 and easier access to them so we have an adequate number of options.

The other bosses might give Dante something other than weapons.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, I'd imagine that Up and Down probably cycles firearms, and the Gun Special input is probably used for detonating Kablooey's darts :p

Either way, having to cycle through three firearms with one button isn't bad, and firearms aren't something that you need to cycle through so quickly. DMC4 did it okay.

Furious D

Calm Stylish Fury
Well, I'd imagine that Up and Down probably cycles firearms, and the Gun Special input is probably used for detonating Kablooey's darts :p

Either way, having to cycle through three firearms with one button isn't bad, and firearms aren't something that you need to cycle through so quickly. DMC4 did it okay.
There have been gameplay videos that show Kablooey is mapped to the upper part of the weapons triangle on the bottom left corner of the screen. You have three guns to cycle through with the up button.

GregaMan once said, when asked how many weapons there are in the game, that "we have not reached the bottom of the barrel, yet," implying that there isn't a whole lot more. I'm guessing he was referring only to Kablooey, but I really would have liked to see more melee weapons. What we have is more than any Dante has had immediate access to before, but one can dream.

WorkenOnMaLeft

umm when someone says "this isnt the bottom of the barrel yet" it could mean that there is a lot left or just a good ammount. anyways i think he was referring to how many enemies he still had to face. but later on in the stream he explicitly says "at one point in the game you will be switching amongst like 8 weapons, more than ang other DMC" but at that point if you included his guns he had 7 weapons at his disposal, i dont think he would say that if all he was missing was ONE firearm. so i did some research and in a Q&A a capcom employee said "there are still weapons to be revealed. so far we have announced 2 angel, 2 demon, 2 firearms, and rebellion" seeing as he spoke in the plural sense thereis more than just Kabloy and if thats the case it would mean gregaman wasnt counting firearms or the rebellion in his totals SO this helped me form the theory that we will end up with 4 angel weapons, 4 demon weapons. idk woud that be too much?

Top Bottom