• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC HD - Who's Shooting for DMD?

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Well I beat Hard mode and now I'm trying out DMD mode. :) I will admit, it's harder than DMD mode in DMC3! Have anyone of you beat DMD in DMC1, and if so, are there any tips you'd like to give out?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Already beaten it earlier to get Platinum. Few tips of handling DMD:

- Avoid unnecessary battles. Some encounters can be avoided by going to next area via exits or doors.

- Do not revisit any past areas after you have completed it. For example, if you have completed up to mission 6, and you revisit the fountain courtyard where you fought Shadow for the first time, instead of Blades or other regular enemies, you will fight the Phantom itself, albeit with less health. Since it can kill you easily like any other boss, avoid revisiting any previous areas except when progressing in the game via completing Missions.

- Max out your Health bar and Devil Trigger bar. In order to max out your Health bar, buy all the Blue Orbs from the Divinity Statue, find them throughout every Mission, and complete Secret Missions.

- Eliminate enemy quickly in mandatory battles. Most enemies in the game can now use Devil Trigger, and they are much more tougher to beat them in that mode.

- Memorise every boss's pattern of attacks. Since most of the bosses can kill you in one or two hits, it is best to know how their attacks are and avoid them skillfully. Nightmare (all three encounters), Nelo Angelo (all three encounters), and Mundus (both encounters) are the toughest boss fights in the game, so be prepared.

- Use items. Items are lifesaver in this mode. If you have many Holy Waters, use it to eliminate any mandatory battles against regular demons. Be aware that Holy Water is not really effective against bosses in DMD mode, and it will lower your rank. Search areas for free items such as Devil Stars, Untouchables, and Holy Waters.

- Know your weapons strengths and weaknesses. Force Edge and Sparda does not provide you much advantage against the enemies in the game, so use Alastor or Ifrit instead. Be also aware that although you have increased attack power in D.T. mode, you will not have any health regeneration using D.T. form because DMD mode disables it.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Already beaten it earlier to get Platinum. Few tips of handling DMD:

- Avoid unnecessary battles. Some encounters can be avoided by going to next area via exits or doors.

- Max out your Health bar and Devil Trigger bar. In order to max out your Health bar, buy all the Blue Orbs from the Divinity Statue, find them throughout every Mission, and complete Secret Missions.

- Eliminate enemy quickly in mandatory battles. Most enemies in the game can now use Devil Trigger, and they are much more tougher to beat them in that mode.

- Memorise every boss's pattern of attacks. Since most of the bosses can kill you in one or two hits, it is best to know how their attacks are and avoid them skillfully. Nightmare (all three encounters), Nelo Angelo (all three encounters), and Mundus (both encounters) are the toughest boss fights in the game, so be prepared.

- Use items. Items are lifesaver in this mode. If you have many Holy Waters, use it to eliminate any mandatory battles against regular demons. Be aware that Holy Water is not really effective against bosses in DMD mode, and it will lower your rank. Search areas for free items such as Devil Stars, Untouchables, and Holy Waters.

- Know your weapons strengths and weaknesses. Force Edge and Sparda does not provide you much advantage against the enemies in the game, so use Alastor or Ifrit instead. Be also aware that although you have increased attack power in D.T. mode, you will not have any health regeneration using D.T. form because DMD mode disables it.
Thank you for the awesome tips CR. I will definitely take them into consideration. Oh and props to you for beating DMD mode! I thought Phantom was hard, and now you're telling me that Nightmare, Nelo Angelo, and Mundus are the hardest!? XD No surprise, but hoo, I'll try to prep myself with items. Holy Water won't work effectively like you said, so I guess items like Untouchable and Vital Stars will have to do. That's crazy how DMD mode also disables health regeneration with DT... o_o I've only beaten DMD mode in DMC3 and DMC4. My next challenge is obviously beating DMD mode in DMC1 and DMC2 but I have a feeling DMC2's DMD will be easy in comparison to the other DMCs.

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
I'm not ready to take on DMD just yet. I beat Hard yesterday (and what a Nightmare that was) but I'm doing another Normal run to get more red orbs and find the rest of the blue.

I have never beaten the game on DMD, so I'm looking forward to the challenge. ^_^

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
No. I'm not good enough to take on hard mode let alone DMD. TBH, the only way I unlocked DMD on the ps2 version was through a game save from one of those cheat discs (just to purely see what that version of Yamato was like)

LeJuice

THIS GAME IS SO ****IN HARD.
Been playing #4 for 40 hours now on DMD mode and switchting to DmC 1 HD is way off..

jettothemax

Save your "Untouchables" on DMD and Use it on 3rd encounter with " nelo angelo" Switch to Ifrit and use full charge of fireball and it will deplete at least a quarter or more of damage. only attack angelo when he finishes his own combo and use is again on Nighmare 2. use devil star and holywater after the cut scene were trish tried to shoot you with lightning.

CapcomCaretaker

[Shinra Tensei]
Hmm...a challenge appears :D
Dante Must Die mode has always been difficult - my friends and I recently did a full run through of all three originals on the PS2 to complete them on DMD and we came to one very base conclusion....the issue is not so much difficulty, but the price of items and your overall health.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to attempt Dante Must Die without first maximising their health bar on a lower difficulty (or at least, almost maximising it) and the need for Red Orbs is insane at later points. :/ However, Orbs are easy enough to collect on each game (especially the old Final Boss on DMC3 on Easy Mode trick :lol:) so this shouldn't a problem :) I don't know if they've changed Orb drop rates in the HD collection, but if not it shouldn't be too impossible.

Good luck to everyone who tries! :cool:

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
LOL Surprised I even made it this far... Now I'm on Mission 17, third fight with Nelo Angelo, on DMD. Just as I predicted, he's kicking my candy ass. XD Awesome tips though guys, I'll definitely keep them in mind.

CapcomCaretaker

[Shinra Tensei]
You've probably beaten him by now Chibi Cloud, but make sure to try jumping as infrequently as possible, as jumpiing reptitively normally causes him to use his most powerful attacks! Focus on ifrit/inferno/dodging and you will previal :D

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
You've probably beaten him by now Chibi Cloud, but make sure to try jumping as infrequently as possible, as jumpiing reptitively normally causes him to use his most powerful attacks! Focus on ifrit/inferno/dodging and you will previal :D
Actually... No I haven't. I'm stuck. T___T The only items I have in my inventory are one Untouchable, and one Holy Water... Still not enough to stop him. I mean, items are a life saver in DMD, y'know? Ah man...

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
... x____x I've been dying to play it for a while now. I swear, I'm unlocking all those modes and I'm shooting for DMD...just...game disk, Y U NO ARRIVE YET?! -Keels over. Sees the freaking tarpauline at the stores, wants to freaking steal it.-

CapcomCaretaker

[Shinra Tensei]
Items are a life saver indeed - but you should try to limit to just vital stars and of course, maxing out health/DT helps massively :) Also remember, swords can be made easier by jump-kicking half of them away with ifrit + if he teleports far away from you you could also use a few meteors to keep plugging away at his health :)

Zaiachi, if it's any consellation I'm still in the same boat :( I've been trying to keep on top of it but so far it seems our copies have been lost in the big, wide world of postal deliveries :/
Please do tell me when your's arrives though! I'm sure you'll both be able to obliterate DMD mode - however long it takes! :D

OniLink

Hero of Time
DMD was a "Hell of a Party" :ermm:, just better pray to whatever higher power you believe in in the bout against Mundus, I'd wager a many of controllers were smashed during that battle :'(

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Imma try going back on DMC1 to kick Nelo Angelo 3's ass. I took a break from DMD on DMC1 and hopped on DMC3.

DMD was a "Hell of a Party" :ermm:, just better pray to whatever higher power you believe in in the bout against Mundus, I'd wager a many of controllers were smashed during that battle :'(
lol Yeah, it sure is one. Oh God...Mundus in DMD!? X.X I totally forgot! FML...Imma have to sacrifice my sanity like all of you guys did, just to beat him. XD

CapcomCaretaker

[Shinra Tensei]
The Mundus fight is not in essence that hard - Just remember those glowing balls of energy he shoots at you after taking in the Rune spheres can be knocked back at him for extra damage + your most dangerous opponent is the tiny rune spheres that shoot lasers at you - similar to Nightmare's except these remove HALF a health bar per shot - stay clear of them! :p

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The first part of the battle with Mundus can be won flawlessly with a little luck. But even without it, it's not that bad. It's the fact that there are 2 parts, with different gameplay that makes him difficult to beat. The moment you have made yourself comfortable, flying and all, you're reduced to walking on melting floor so yeah..

Top Bottom