• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC games runnable on PS3?

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Newer models are not compatible with PS2 or PS1 games because PS wishes to make more money by forcing consumers to purchase older games via PlayStationStore to get them to work, much like the Xbox Originals on Xbox Live Marketplace.

You'd be better off buying a PS2 Slim to play your older DMC games rather than purchasing a whole new PS3.

cosmic master

The Eternal Insomniac
BlueDevil;247882 said:
Newer models are not compatible with PS2 or PS1 games

Actually the PS3 still plays PS1 games, but for PS2 games you'd need one of the early backwards compatible models.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Quentarus;247875 said:
subject says it all, do they?

Like the previous posters said, it is recommended that you buy a PS2 Slim to play DMC games, and other great games as well, like Resident Evil 4 and Final Fantasy X. Since I had the old PS3, I can confirm that it can play a variety of PS2 games. However, the new PS3 Slim does not support PS2 games, and it can only play PS3 games, plus PS1 games from the PlayStation Store. For a full list of PS2 games that backward compatible for older models of PS3, take a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ompatible_PlayStation_2_and_PlayStation_games

The other alternatives are to wait a future Devil May Cry Collection for PS3 (like God of War Collection), which comprises DMC1, DMC2, and DMC3: SE games.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
My old 60GB model ran all 3 but I think on DMC3SE I had some problems in mission 18.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
However, the new PS3 Slim does not support PS2 games

It's not just the PS3 Slim. It's newer PS3 models period. I have the normal bulky looking PS3, but because it was produced around Winter of the year before last, it does not run any older games.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
BlueDevil;248204 said:
It's not just the PS3 Slim. It's newer PS3 models period. I have the normal bulky looking PS3, but because it was produced around Winter of the year before last, it does not run any older games.

Because of that, I do not know which PS3 model is better. A lot of people saying that PS3 Slim is better, since it is cheaper, has a large storage (120 GB and 250 GB), and etc. I myself are pondering whether I should get my old PS3 back (40 GB), or the PS3 Slim. Chances are I will get PS3 Slim, since it is quite cheap in Malaysia. However, the games are extremely expensive here due to taxes... Probably I will get "The Best" or "Greatest Hits" games to save some of my money.

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
well i have 2 ps3's and omly the 1 of them have backwards capability and its the first one the bulky and 60GB and my other 1 is the normal 1 but its 4GB and doesnt have backwards capability so chaos master i dnt no about your ps3 but my 40GB one doesnt play ps2 games

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
sorry about this but i made a few mistakes this is what i ment
well i have 2 ps3's and only the 1 of them have backwards capability and its the first one the bulky and 60GB and my other 1 is the normal 1 but its 40GB and doesnt have backwards capability so chaos master i dnt no about your ps3 but my 40GB one doesnt play ps2 games

Top Bottom