• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC director didn't ask the designers to make Dante look like him

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
You know, it could be that after he saw it that he styled himself after the character instead of the other way around.

It COULD be.

But who knows really?

Only Tameen and the people who actually did the design know this.

It could go either way really, I'm not denying that.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It COULD be.

But who knows really?

Only Tameen and the people who actually did the design know this.

It could go either way really, I'm not denying that.

Good point. I suppose at this point it's all based on the whole "half-empty, half-full" kind of mentality. You can think positively or negatively about it, it is your choice.

I just prefer positive. :p

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Good point. I suppose at this point it's all based on the whole "half-empty, half-full" kind of mentality. You can think positively or negatively about it, it is your choice.

I just prefer positive. :p

I would love to be positive.

But there is just the fact that Tameen just hasn't given me any reason to be positive towards himself and the game he is working on.

Its my own type of preference really.

I really do not like Tameen's attitude.

So I really can't find myself willing to believe this guys every word simply because "he said it". I don't know him personally nor do I have any incentive to know that he is a very trustworthy guy who always tells the truth.

So sorry, but I'm not just going to take his word for it because he simply "said so".

Like I said, It could go either way, he COULD be telling the truth.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
@TooCool74
So after he said he didn't style Dante after himself, your just not gonna believe what he said? What exactly are u expecting out of all of this?
If he did style his self {namely his hair(but as of 1 year ago, definitely not his hair anymore) or because he's a white guy too!!} as Dante do you think there will be an epic battle at the end of the game where Dante stands ontop of a dead angel and screams "My name is Tameem!!" Thats just wishful thinking sir

Or are you expecting as an alternative version of the ending where he sits down in a bright room, all by his self, with a microphone and he's reading off of a piece of paper and says. " I Lied, you played as Tameem and not Dante this whole time!!" end credits

The gameplay and the story will most likely focus on something more important that Tameem. I don't even think he'll do a fly by.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
As others have said, its about time Tameen addressed this. Its been something that's been hanging over this project ever since it was announced and its interesting to hear his response. I like to believe that he that he didn't try to put himself in, but only him and the creative team know.

Now, I want to see the Dante concept art! :p

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
As others have said, its about time Tameen addressed this. And again, as already been said, only Tameen and the creative team know the truth. I like to believe that he didn't try to put himself in, but maybe we'll never actually know.

Now, I want to see the Dante concept art! :p
agreed, i really hope they put previous dante concept art on DmC. i am very intrigued to see what ninja theory came up with! ^.^

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
What exactly are u expecting out of all of this?

Why do I need to expect anything?

I didn't say I did not believe him.

I said he COULD be telling the truth....but did you miss that part?

The only thing I said was that he has not given me any reason to trust and believe every word he spills out to us. Its ok if you guys believe and trust this guy so completely, but I just have a different way of looking at things I suppose...

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
It just doesn't matter. Let the guy finish the game. There are other things to be worried about. Since your a skeptic you already know this. Im just baffled about why a lot of people care about this information. So what if Tameem designed himself as Dante? Does that mean his name is now Dante? i just dont get the argument i guess.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
It just doesn't matter. Let the guy finish the game. There are other things to be worried about. Since your a skeptic you already know this. Im just baffled about why a lot of people care about this information. So what if Tameem designed himself as Dante? Does that mean his name is now Dante? i just dont get the argument i guess.

Your right.

There are other concerns about the game that make this one seem trivial.

But that does not change the fact that I do not like the idea of Developers putting themselves into games as heroes. Its not a big deal to me really, I just gave my opinion on the matter that is all. Your the one who replied to me asking what I would expect.

Its not about what I would expect, Its about me just not liking the idea of him doing that if it was indeed true.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Your right.

There are other concerns about the game that make this one seem trivial.

But that does not change the fact that I do not like the idea of Developers putting themselves into games as heroes. Its not a big deal to me really, I just gave my opinion on the matter that is all. Your the one who replied to me asking what I would expect.

Its not about what I would expect, Its about me just not liking the idea of him doing that if it was indeed true.
so you would be royally ****ed if he said he did say he was the model? I don't think he would of said anything any different, just like that other creative director from Capcom Japan said that he was very excited about the game so far.
like Haven said "only him and the creative team know" and will probably be the only ones too know the truth

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
like Haven said "only him and the creative team know" and will probably be the only ones too know the truth

Actually I was the first one to say that, just a little fyi.

And yea I would be upset if he said he had indeed self inserted himself in the game, I thought I made that much pretty obvious in all my initial posts on this topic....

What exactly is your point really?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Thats its a lame argument. And i wanted to know why someone would be upset about a hair style. thats all

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Thats its a lame argument.

And???

It may seem lame to you but it isn't lame to everyone else.

And it was not just the "hair" style, please don't downplay it like my gripe with the issue is trivial.

Its about the sheer arrogance and disrespect it would show for him to do something like that to the fans by self inserting himself in a game by any form of means.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm not the one having trust issues with Tameem. I think u should move on as well

And I'm not the one posting towards everyone who does not trust his beloved Tameen.

Your the one who posted towards me trying to defend Tameen as if you know him personally or something.

Like I said earlier, its ok if you guys want to trust and believe every word tameen says to you, I'm different than that.

Quit trying to turn this into a heated argument and just move on and stop replying to me. Its that simple.

Top Bottom