• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Devil May Cry - My favorite moments

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I enjoyed this game's gameplay better than its overall cinematic direction (mainly because it's got A LOT of an element that I generally dislike in direction: freaking shaky cameras), I gotta say. However, it still offered some cool ass moments throughout the story, oh yes. So, here are my favorite moments in DmC, cinematically speaking. And of course, when I say cinematically, I mean both sheer direction (camera movements, music etc) and acting. In no particular preference order.
So let's get into it!

Little disclaimer: some of the gifs play on a higher speed than normal. I don't know why it happened and I apologize, those scenes might not render the idea in that kind of "fast motion" effect.

- Pizza d!ck

DmC%20pizza%20dick_zpshpm1bunt.gif

Yes, I know this scene is trashy as hell, but I admit there's some... "genius"... in it. The way it's directed is excellent, imo: when it starts, you're like "Oh it's just gonna be a scene where he dresses in slow motion while floating in the air, just to let us know how cool he is" but then that pizza comes up... and I lolled so hard!
Applauses, I found it hilarious.

-
Missed

DmC%20missed_zpstsngwi7l.gif

Ha! Loved the way Dante mocks the Hunter. Immediately lets you see that you don't f*ck with him. Also, nice touch that head shaking after the Hunter goes under "water". Nice touch there, Tim Phillipps.

-
Explanation

Well, this must be the best directed sequence of the whole game, as far as I'm concerned.
Vergil tells Dante about Angels, Demons, their parents, Mundus, their heritage. And for each concept, there's a graffiti art giving a visual rappresentation of what Vergil's saying. Nice feat.

explanation%201_zpstzpivgkl.png

explanation%202_zpscyt13szb.png

explanation%203_zpsjzct4xby.png

explanation%204_zpszpvil6gp.png

explanation%205_zpsomxb9u0g.png

explanation%206_zpsz2vr0oxw.png

explanation%207_zpsfznxmltn.png

-
Contrast

DmC%20confrontation_zpsmeql5dvk.gif

Here's one of the scenes where we're given a glimpse of Vergil's true nature and the fact that he will turn against us eventually. Tension is evident here, between the two brothers, even if for just a brief time. Also, I liked how Dante plays menacing.

-
The trade

trade%201_zpsejskxhd3.png

trade%202_zpspo5mpreb.png

This scene was tense. It's the delicate moment when Dante and Vergil have to exchange Lilith with Kat.
The music lets you presage that something bad is gonna happen, but you don't know when, and what.
And then Vergil shoots Lilith and kills her child, and hell happens.
Not gonna lie, I enjoyed this scene.

-
The plan

plan_zpskcphfuex.png

Cool visuals here. It starts with Kat drawing on a board, explaining Dante and Vergil her plan to get into Mundus's tower, then gameplay begins and throughout the mission, you can see like, Kat's drawings in real time on the screen, whenever the two brothers follow a key point of her plan. Pretty neat.

- Dante vs Vergil

Well, goddamn! Finally, the very scene where Vergil shows some badassness, I was waiting for something like this the whole game!

Now, this scene had to live up to greatly directed one in DMC3 to gain my liking. Did it manage? Well, no and yes.
No because the epicness and the coolness of that sequence in DMC3 is still freaking unbeaten.
Yes because despite of that, this one is actually damn well directed. And I enjoyed it.

DmC%20fight_zpssffk4ccq.gif

The way they look at each other, the way they slowly get into fighting position, the way the music build tension (Empty is a freaking awesome theme, love it)... simply awesome. Nailed it!

What about you guys? Agree with this list? What are your favorite moments in DmC: Devil May Cry?

Oh, and I'll say the same thing I said in the DMC3 thread: let - this - be - a - positive - thread.
Let's have a civil speech, if you have to post a negative comment, please do it without aggressiveness/passive-aggressiveness.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Il make a list lol

the scene after mission four where dante makes a comment about church

the scene where dante punches the bouncer

the scene of him going through the caravan

him putting on his coat

the scene of him flipping the bird to bob barbass saying put a spin on this

the scene where he says it is eye to phinneas

when he meets succubus and says he is her prom date

all of the scenes where he fights vergil

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
-The Post Boss puns

-The scene where Dante shoes pity for the damned souls in Limbo (character development)

-The scene where Dante uppercuts Mundus (DAMN!)

-The entire Vergil fight.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
-The intro, with reasons for liking it already explained by Foxtrot

- The part where Dante sniffs his fingers and wipes paint on Kat after she tells him it has squirrel semen in. For some reason, that part makes me laugh.

- I like most things with Vergil in.:wink:

- The trade scene. It's pretty intense.

- The confrontation between Dante and Mundus. For an evil demon king, he has a surprisingly logical argument for why he thinks he is right. Plus, I really like the way the scene is acted and the action in it.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
-The intro cinematic with "Throat Full of Glass"

-The entire first level. I love the over the top moments with him getting dressed while flying through his trailer. Putting on his coat in the middle of a falling ferris wheel. All Devil May Cry and stuff Dante would do. Plus, this was the introduction to the astounding art direction and Limbo. I'm a sucker for artistry.

-The parts in the Bob Barbas boss fight where it switches to this "eye in the sky" news cam.

-The creativity in Devil's Dalliance.

-The Trade scene.

-Dante going Devil Trigger for the first time.

-Vergil and Dante's brotherly bonding segments. Especially after they beat Mundus and are just patting each other on the back.

-Dante vs. Vergil. The standoff, staring each other down, all of it badass.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Mine?
  • The intro cinematic with "Throat Full of Glass" as the HGM
  • Dante dresses up, including the pizza covering his genitcals, all the while his trailer gets destroyed. I loved how he said "Missed!" at the end.
  • The part where Dante finishes off the Hunter as he laments on not knowing his mother and not being the first time labelled as a "son of a bitch". "My mother? I don't know my mother, but if you're gonna call me a son of a bitch, you wouldn't be the first!" And then kills him as the screen turns black.
  • Vergil introduces himself to Dante as Kat invites Dante to join The Order.
  • Dante realizing Vergil is his brother to which Vergil adds that he is his twin brother and that he has been looking for him for a long time to which Dante wanted to find out who is responsible for the destruction of their home and the fate of their parents.
  • Vergil telling Dante about their parents, Mundus, and the Nephilim, the only beings that can defeat a demon king, which is Mundus.
  • The parts where Dante must use Arbiter to break the chain where each scene is played afterwards.
  • Dante got spotted by a camera, dragging him down to Limbo reacting "Oh, come on!"
  • Dante and Kat in the Virility factory before the gameplay begins.
  • Dante vs Succubus (both before, during her last chance to kill him, and her death which gives Dante Eryx)
  • Dante looking at the poor trapped souls in Limbo ("Poor bastards.")
  • Eva talking to Dante before he gets Devil Trigger
  • Dante meets Phineas before and after getting his eye
  • Dante vs Bob Barbas (before, during the time he had to get inside his head, and after; "Breaking news, Bob: You're fired!")
  • Dante witnessing Kat's capture by SWAT where he held her hand spiritually
  • The tension between Dante and Vergil before the mission on getting Kat
  • After Dante beats Lilith and Mundus' spawn
  • The exchange of hostages and the gunfire exchange between the brothers and the SWAT after Vergil kills both Lilith and Mundus' spawn
  • Kat's plan
  • Dante and Vergil meet outside Mundus' lair
  • Dante and Vergil enters Mundus' lair (Vergil had a bigger dick!)
  • Dante infuriates Mundus
  • Dante saves Vergil as he fought Mundus from the inside
  • The brothers finally defeat Mundus
  • Vergil shows his true colors and Dante does not allow him to do so, and rhe fight ensues
  • Dante getting infuriated every single time during his fight against his brother
  • Dante stabs Vergil until Kat told him to stop for her. Vergil escapes telling Dante that he really loved him as his brother. Finally, Kat tells Dante that he is who he is, nothing more and nothing less, after Dante said he didn't know who he was anymore.
Vergil's Downfall
  • Vergil faces, fights and kills Hollow Vergil
  • Vergil is worshipped by the demons and he leads an army of them
And that's about it.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
- "not in a million years", gotta admit it's funny, and it's a homage..

- mission one, where they first picture how rebellion is appearing on call with the glowing tattoo.. always love that idea since hack G.U games

- "your point" scene with vergil.. dante is an a-hole

- the scene after dante slapped virility off of a fat guy's hand, after the first enemy appeared and dante tells Kat to go, he was really good looking there with the close-ups

- everything on that mundus' HQ mission, best looking stage in the game

- pre vergil fight, great build ups and great backsound..

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
  • Dante flying through his trailer
  • The counters with the hunters
  • Kat explaining her compound (squirrel semen)
  • "I like it rough"
  • "It'll kill ya."
  • "That just seemed to drag on forever...church."
  • "What in the ****ting hell is going on here?"
  • "So who wants to be Limbo's biggest loser."
  • "That? naw, that was just a big fat joke."
  • Kat explaining her egg timer
  • Succubus cut scene
and others

Top Bottom