• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
You know, after much thought, I gotta say I'm actually curious about this version.

I doubt I'd like it any better, but it does look intresting to say the least. Finally Capcom actually listens so that's good.

I wonder if DMC4 SE will have anything to match this? I doubt it but fans will buy it anyway for Vergil.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
You know, after much thought, I gotta say I'm actually curious about this version.

I doubt I'd like it any better, but it does look intresting to say the least. Finally Capcom actually listens so that's good.

I wonder if DMC4 SE will have anything to match this? I doubt it but fans will buy it anyway for Vergil.

I see you're wearing my natural rival as a icon. ;)

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Btw can anybody tell me what hardcore mode is ? I cant find it anywhere but seen somebody say that it stops dantes dt launching oponents ?

It's a perk (like Super Dante or Item Finder) that you can toggle on or off, and it gives the game more classic sensibilities; DT doesn't launch enemies, the Style meter decays faster and is more difficult to maintain, enemies are more aggressive, and some other things I can't remember at the moment.

And remember, it's a perk, not a game mode, which means you can use Hardcore in tandem with other things, like any of the difficulty modes, and with the new Turbo perk as well.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
From info I saw, it looks like DMD without checkpoints+no DT launching + all enemies has DT

No checkpoints, huh? I hope you're right. Would really make things tougher if when you die, you have to restart the entire mission.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Can you just please stop?

They didn't want to listen to criticism from people who had never played the complete game, and they had a specific concept in mind that they wanted to get out. While some of the concerns may have had weight in the end, they came from people who had no right to complain about something they had no idea how everything worked together in the end. The game worked great without the changes they're making now. Then of course some of the changes couldn't be made on the current console generation, like 60fps and such.

If you're not gonna be excited for the changes and just keep denigrating things, then for the love of God just stop coming to these threads. Literally no one needs to hear it, and it adds literally nothing to the discussion.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
If concept was perfect updates wouldn't be needed. 60 fps was available on last gen also. Its just some decided to go easy way. I don't care for amount of changes they made, because all those stuff should have been in game from day 1 not 2 years after release. All of those was addressed like year before release of the game. But nobody gave a damn, because all of this was considered "hating". Now it's implemented and it's suddenly "right decision". Slow but steady it becomes a joke.

Judge

Can you just please stop?

They didn't want to listen to criticism from people who had never played the complete game, and they had a specific concept in mind that they wanted to get out. While some of the concerns may have had weight in the end, they came from people who had no right to complain about something they had no idea how everything worked together in the end. The game worked great without the changes they're making now. Then of course some of the changes couldn't be made on the current console generation, like 60fps and such.

If you're not gonna be excited for the changes and just keep denigrating things, then for the love of God just stop coming to these threads. Literally no one needs to hear it, and it adds literally nothing to the discussion.

Damn straight! Excellent post.

Judge

If concept was perfect updates wouldn't be needed. 60 fps was available on last gen also. Its just some decided to go easy way. I don't care for amount of changes they made, because all those stuff should have been in game from day 1 not 2 years after release. All of those was addressed like year before release of the game. But nobody gave a damn, because all of this was considered "hating". Now it's implemented and it's suddenly "right decision". Slow but steady it becomes a joke.

No game is perfect. Not DmC and not DMC4; which is also recieving updates 6 or 7 years too late. I take it that game has become a joke as well now? Or are you only prepared to question DmC and not DMC4?

DMC3:SE was also released over a few months to a year after the vanilia version, so its DMC3 you also insulting here. That game had serious problems in terms of difficulty that DmC never had, and DMC3 had no Bloody Palace. The vanilla release was bare bones until DMC3:SE came along.

"All of those was addressed like year before release of the game"

Like what exactly? Gods Must Die mode? Load times? What exactly?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

60fps was not doable for PS3 and 360 because there was way to many things moving onscreen, and would incur incredible amounts of slowdown that it would never actually hold it - the systems just aren't strong enough to handle it, while PC, PS4, and X1 can. That is just fact, and it's the entire reason why it was 60fps - they made a decision between a high framerate or consistently lag-free gameplay, and I'm pretty sure every gamer, especially people who play action games, knows they made the right choice there. The game worked great at 30fps, and it'll definitely be brilliant at 60fps now that it's on more systems that can handle that kind of stress.

Most of the rest of it was not addressed before the release of the game either, because it was coming from people who didn't have the final product - they had zero idea how everything worked as a whole. The game didn't need Turbo, a manual lock, Hardcore, or any of the other additions the Definitive Edition is giving us, they could have been content to just make a next-gen port with all its DLC, but they didn't, they decided to also make a great game even better. No one here is saying that "hating" has become the "right decision" now either. I don't know anyone who has flip-flopped like that. There's a difference between supporters going "Oh cool, they're putting that in, there'll be lots of variety now" and dissenters who demanded these features from the beginning as if it was the only way the game could be good.

Now, will you please. Just. Stop. Nobody cares.

Top Bottom