• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition Changes Log Discussion

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
After reading this changelog thoroughly I can't help but appreciate NT and Capcom's work on Definitive Edition. They got feedback from us fans, they fixed nearly everything people complained about and molded it into a better game. If only they could do that in the beginning so we wouldn't need a Definitive Edition.

I think it should be a some kind of apology to the fans, rather than a seperately sold entity. I don't expect it to be free; but they could at least give discount to those who bought the original game in the first place.

Every decision they made with DE is almost non-arguably good; excluding the release of DE itself.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I still haven't gotten too far but did they really dispose of the color coded keys? All the keys seem gold and it no longer asks for a specific key type, just keys. That sucks. That was one of my favorite parts of the game, having to match keys to doors. I'm not too happy about this one.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I still haven't gotten too far but did they really dispose of the color coded keys? All the keys seem gold and it no longer asks for a specific key type, just keys. That sucks. That was one of my favorite parts of the game, having to match keys to doors. I'm not too happy about this one.

I personally actually like this. I'm much more concerned with getting good mission scores than finding collectibles and opening doors.

But yeah, I also totally feel like exploration isn't really required anymore. Most of the 'collectibles' are now pretty much in my path.

JoshMoshes

DMC Aficionado
Removing the "Distrust Theme" from the mission complete menu was so disappointing! I get that they wanted to have the menu be seamless with the following screen but complete silence? It was calming and fitting to have that song playing post mission. The calming qualities of the Noisia song was reminiscent of the divinity statue song from Devil May Cry (PS2).

In case you guys need a fresher:

berto

I Saw the Devil
The game is still a glitchy affair. I'm pretty disappointed to see game breaking glitches are still present here and there.

I don't know if this one is a glitch but has anyone had it happen when you try to counter Poison's swings as soon as you press the attack button Dante will actually turn around to attack Poison's face? Even when I keep the digital sticks towards the incoming attack he will turn and face Poison's center leaving me to take the hit.

berto

I Saw the Devil
NOTE:
DantesLink is going to start a pinned and locked thread for the change log so that it's always available to all users even if this thread dies and this one will be changes to general discussion of the change log.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Since the Complete Change List Thread is locked, I'll continue the discussion that @GF9000000Returns started.

"It sucks that you can't parry with the prop/shredder anymore. That was one of my moves to parry against them bomb babies and the witch firing her darts at me. Oh well."

Like what the other guys stated; its possible, just harder since the parry window for Prop/Shredder is the first spin. This also hinders my tactic of using Rebellion's Death Coal/Roulette and Osiris' Double Up to Parry while continuing my combos'. I thank the Nine Divines that I've been practicing parries with Rebellion's Hacker and Aerial Rave strings.

Top Bottom