• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Comic (2nd part is out)

Roxas

Just read it. Gotta say, it gave the game's ending so much more context. Kat states the DT takes your humanity little by little, maybe that's why Dante says he doesn't know who he is anymore, because he lost that.
And maybe, just maybe, Vergil lost his humanity in the three months between the end of the comics and the game.

Imagine the next game, Dante has no trace of humanity left, and in the end he cries and Lady-like character says the magic words.

Onecrazymonkey1

I was ticked that Dante almost killed Vergil at the end; This sounds like it will give me a better perspective thank you!

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
Knowing Vergil he probably didn't even erase his memories but only Kat's though who knows

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Just read it. Gotta say, it gave the game's ending so much more context. Kat states the DT takes your humanity little by little, maybe that's why Dante says he doesn't know who he is anymore, because he lost that.
And maybe, just maybe, Vergil lost his humanity in the three months between the end of the comics and the game.

Imagine the next game, Dante has no trace of humanity left, and in the end he cries and Lady-like character says the magic words.
That would be so epic, if more Dante used devil trigger, the more of his humanity he lost or kept losing control like in the ending. I wonder how they'd pop the title of the store though, you think they'd still go for Lady being inspiration or go for something new?

Roxas

That would be so epic, if more Dante used devil trigger, the more of his humanity he lost or kept losing control like in the ending. I wonder how they'd pop the title of the store though, you think they'd still go for Lady being inspiration or go for something new?
I think that it would be Kat inspired, but still having a Lady-like character having some kind of influence too..

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I think that it would be Kat inspired, but still having a Lady-like character having some kind of influence too..

Really, Kat comes off as the Lady character of the reboot; the normal human who manages to anchor Dante's humanity and allow him to see the greater good, the betterment and become a better person, so the fact she can bring him back from that DT induced rage and loss of control is a sign that somewhere, it's her influance that brings up the phrase "A Devil May Cry". It may be Sparda himself, once found, that is the source of it too.

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
Are the comics worth the $3.99 buy?

I was viewing it and wasn't sure if its worthy for a purchase. Does it give a significant amount of backstory to both Vergil and Kat?

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
Are the comics worth the $3.99 buy?

I was viewing it and wasn't sure if its worthy for a purchase. Does it give a significant amount of backstory to both Vergil and Kat?

Honestly I'm not sure if they are worth the buy but I bought them both. I blow money on the stupidest things so when I cut back on those things I don't mind paying for something I genuinely admire and want to support, especially when they are only $4 each. With the internet as it is I bet you can find them online for free somewhere.

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
Honestly I'm not sure if they are worth the buy but I bought them both. I blow money on the stupidest things so when I cut back on those things I don't mind paying for something I genuinely admire and want to support. With the internet as it is I bet you can find them online for free somewhere.

Hmm.

I will consider that. Thanks for your opinion :)

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Oh cool! I just bought the first comics yesterday.

I wasn't aware that Sparda is also a demon king.

zarion

I find it odd how a being that was never human in the first place loses his 'humanity'. What makes him human, what are the so-called 'human traits' he loses as he DTs more and more? Benevolence? Give me a ****ing break. Dante and Vergil can't lose something they've never had.

Though I can certainly see that they're becoming more Demon-dominant as the story progresses, it was even foreshadowed in the cutscene before Mission 3: Bloodline began.
When they enter the tunnel you see the Angel half of the Angel/Demon hybrid depicted in the graffiti slowly atrophying.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
Just read both books, and wow, if I thought Vergil was a tosser before, he's exceeded my expectations now. Yeesh. But even at his worst, he was still capable of falling for Kat, despite himself. Girl's pretty awesome. Still, that was seriously messed up what they did to the Hellfire prison. Apparently, they really are terrorists, killing innocents in the freedom fight for the entire world. That's pretty fascinating, most times heroes aren't allowed to have that kind of desperate gray morality and still be portrayed as sympathetic. I wish they had done more to emphasize that in the game, it would have been pretty complex, instead of giving the impression that the Order is vanilla good.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
I find it odd how a being that was never human in the first place loses his 'humanity'. What makes him human, what are the so-called 'human traits' he loses as he DTs more and more? Benevolence? Give me a ******* break. Dante and Vergil can't lose something they've never had.

Though I can certainly see that they're becoming more Demon-dominant as the story progresses, it was even foreshadowed in the cutscene before Mission 3: Bloodline began.
When they enter the tunnel you see the Angel half of the Angel/Demon hybrid depicted in the graffiti slowly atrophying.

It's kind of confusing, yeah, because we already know full demons are capable of altruism, otherwise Sparda would never have been able to love Eva...or else, maybe Eva brought out the altruism in him that most demons never feel? Maybe demons can't feel altruistic emotions without angels or humans to help them (like Kat helped Dante get back to him at the end of the game)? So until the boys learn how to balance their demon and angel sides, they'll lose that ability, too, and become as unthinkingly selfish and cruel as pure demons.

Kinda lame that demons can't choose to be good on their own if that's true, though.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
It's kind of confusing, yeah, because we already know full demons are capable of altruism, otherwise Sparda would never have been able to love Eva...or else, maybe Eva brought out the altruism in him that most demons never feel? Maybe demons can't feel altruistic emotions without angels or humans to help them (like Kat helped Dante get back to him at the end of the game)? So until the boys learn how to balance their demon and angel sides, they'll lose that ability, too, and become as unthinkingly selfish and cruel as pure demons.

Kinda lame that demons can't choose to be good on their own if that's true, though.
Nice theory, in that case I wonder what motivated Phineas to do good?

zarion

Phineas being good and Mundus feeling attachment to his unborn heir and grieving essentially disproves the theory that Demons are incapable of altruism all together

Top Bottom