• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC characters to be in Monster Hunter Frontier G

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
http://operationrainfall.com/devil-may-cry-monster-hunter-frontier-g/

(Japan) Devil May Cry Characters Coming to Monster Hunter Frontier G
BY KYLE EMCH
– DECEMBER 12, 2013

First Fire Emblem: Awakening skins, now this! Capcom has announced that Monster Hunter Frontier G will now include characters skins and weapons of Dante and Lady from Devil May Cry. Just to be clear, this is from the old-school Devil May Cry, not from DmC. You can now relax in the knowledge that this one will have white hair. According to Siliconera, the Dante skin will be available to sword users at level 7 or higher. He comes with the blades Rebellion I and Rebellion Kai I. Lady, on the other hand, will be available for gunners. Like Dante, she’ll come with two of her signature weapons; Jealousy I and Epidemic I.

The skin and weapons for Dante will be available in Monster Hunter Frontier G for free for players to try out from now until Christmas. The character IDs for Dante are E3E9E7 for the PC, BTQCTL for the Xbox 360, RK7FLC for the PS3 and Z2Z3JG on the Wii U. You can check out a video of these two characters in action in the trailer below. Unfortunately, there’s no sound in the trailer at this time, so just pretend that Dante is swaggering about as usual.

Eww, why did they have to pick DMC4 Dante though. That's a let down. :thumbsdown:

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
Wow, this is rather a surprise to me that at least Capcom still care about the original DMC. I guess I shouldn't take a grain of salts about what Itsuno-san have said that day about DMC5. Thanks for posting this up! :D

IncarnatedDemon

White hair was a identifier of Dante. Yet you patronize people by making it seem like all people cared about was white hair. No...people did not want a reboot of the game nor the character.
And the fact reboot character had black hair while Dante has white hair clearly told everyone "This is not Dante you know, but a reboot".

Tell me, have you felt that fans of Bayo has complained as much about Bayo's hair as dmc fans did about the hair colour when reboot guy showed up? The hair change barely registered on my radar. People were more annoyed over the exlusivity.

Do whatever you want, but just letting you know, that it's quite pathetic of you to make that white hair comment when it's been explained many times.

Patronizing people aside, this sounds interesting.

Last edited:

Martius

SSSmokin!
Wow, this is rather a surprise to me that at least Capcom still care about the original DMC. I guess I shouldn't take a grain of salts about what Itsuno-san have said that day about DMC5. Thanks for posting this up! :D
Key word - Japan. Its nothing strange if we consider how reboot sold there.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
White hair was a identifier of Dante. Yet you patronize people by making it seem like all people cared about was white hair. No...people did not want a reboot of the game nor the character.
And the fact reboot character had black hair while Dante has white hair clearly told everyone "This is not Dante you know, but a reboot".

Tell me, have you felt that fans of Bayo has complained as much about Bayo's hair as dmc fans did about the hair colour when reboot guy showed up? The hair change barely registered on my radar. People were more annoyed over the exlusivity.

Do whatever you want, but just letting you know, that it's quite pathetic of you to make that white hair comment when it's been explained many times.

Patronizing people aside, this sounds interesting.
I hope youre not talking to me because I didnt write this.

The link is there for a reason.

IncarnatedDemon

I wonder if this is a hint of dm5? Perhaps it's a prelude to 5.
Why would capcom put dmc4 Dante and not reboot one.

I know why they put reboot character in PSA. It was same thing as with Raiden instead of Snake. It was marketing.
So maybe capcom have changed their mind and decided to make original dmc more known, that way they can release 5 and have better sales.

I doubt capcom did it only to get some cash. I'd like to think business is sorta like chess. Make a move that will benefit you not in the moment but also in the future.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I wonder if this is a hint of dm5? Perhaps it's a prelude to 5.
Why would capcom put dmc4 Dante and not reboot one.

I know why they put reboot character in PSA. It was same thing as with Raiden instead of Snake. It was marketing.
So maybe capcom have changed their mind and decided to make original dmc more known, that way they can release 5 and have better sales.

I doubt capcom did it only to get some cash. I'd like to think business is sorta like chess. Make a move that will benefit you not in the moment but also in the future.

They just put them in there just because they could.

DMC could potentially turn into Darkstalkers where the devs and designers wants to make a DMC game but upper management won't allow it saying "it won't be profitable enough" and thus secluding DMC and its characters to cameo appearances or iOS/phone spin offs (the worst outcome could be a DMC5 on the iOS and Android but I wouldn't worry about that is what I would say if I didn't remember Breath of Fire 5).

They obviously chose DMC4 Dante and Lady for the same reason why they chose DMC1 Dante for that Onimusha Browser game instead of DmC Dante and DmC characters....because they can.

They'll probably want to make a DMC game if they could but upper management determines that.

The low sales for DmC could go both ways. Upper management could see it as a strong demand for the original series more or they could see it as declining demand for the Devil May Cry series in general.

Granted the devs and workers can influence upper management's decision or pull a Keiji and just make the game and create the threat of losing their job.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Hey, DMC1 Dante was in Project X Zone, too :tongue:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Hey, DMC1 Dante was in Project X Zone, too :tongue:

That was a decision by Namco rather than Capcom. Capcom just allowed him to be there whereas Monster Hunter Frontier G, Onimusha Bullsh*t, and Playstation Allstars Capcom decided or was 100% in charge of Dante's involvement in those games.

Kaim Argonar

Dante being his usual badass self. This is great news. And thank Sparda, my prayers have been answered!! Lady is finally f*cking playable for once!!!

ABOUT
GODDAMN
TIME
818eb8af7e02c445d9d3f2225065f173f5f6c9086a9f2b74ca8d42733e27fe2f.jpg

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Woah, I think you messed up titles. Dawn of Dreams is last Onimusha game on ps2.

Oh yeah I meant Onimusha Souls.

Yeah, I saw this on youtube and I thought they were fan made. Just the same, my reaction is still 'ewww,' they look hideous.

Its Monster Hunter the graphics quality is rather low plus I would think it would be 100% legit if it some damn sound in the video. Extremely lazy video.

Top Bottom