• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC and its roots.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
the people who follow the "line of thought"i said earlier argue that make it more related with the C/J would bring more depth to the story and bring DMC to its true path.

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to disagree over here. I don't think that DMC needs to be more coherent with the religion it draws it inspiration from to have more depth to its story. The reason why DMC story-line, I believe, had superficial impact because it was inconsistent.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
the people who follow the "line of thought"i said earlier argues that make the story more related with the C/J creed would bring more depth to the story and bring DMC to its true path.
They must be delusional. DMC has christian references but it's story is about Sparda, demons and his sons.

If it becomes a christian story then don't count me as someone who will like the story. If i want to read religious stories i can just go to the source ;)

But i am pretty sure the story of DmC is this:
Demons have controll over humans through illusion
At same time they are trying to invade human world

Dante and his group notices the demons and will work to kill the demons.

pimbanagordixinha2

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to disagree over here. I don't think that DMC needs to be more coherent with the religion it draws it inspiration from to have more depth to its story. The reason why DMC story-line, I believe, had superficial impact because it was inconsistent.

thats where the discussion went crazy overthere,some posters think that by bringing straight correlations with the C/J creed to the story,it would have the depth they think DMC always lacked.
that by adding angels or showing how the devils use the capital sins to control or ilude the humans,the canon is being fullfilled

pimbanagordixinha2

They must be delusional. DMC has christian references but it's story is about Sparda, demons and his sons.

If it becomes a christian story then don't count me as someone who will like the story. If i want to read religious stories i can just go to the source ;)

But i am pretty sure the story of DmC is this:
Demons have controll over humans through illusion
At same time they are trying to invade human world

Dante and his group notices the demons and will work to kill the demons.

"DMC has christian references but it's story is about Sparda, demons and his sons."
we have exactly the same POV.

dou you consider DmC an alternate universe?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
The new DmC game happens in a all new reboot fantasy world different from the DMC1,2,3,4 and anime world. DMC is Japanese in the sense that it is a battle of good (Dante) vs evil (Mundus and the other demons). This is a common element in Japanese stories which most likely derives from Japan's religious ides concerning good vs bad. That is DMC.

pimbanagordixinha2

The new DmC game happens in a all new reboot fantasy world different from the DMC1,2,3,4 and anime world. DMC is Japanese in the sense that it is a battle of good (Dante) vs evil (Mundus and the other demons). This is a common element in Japanese stories which most likely derives from Japan's religious ides concerning good vs bad. That is DMC.
by the interviews and the teasers,would you consider that DmC having little to any conections with its japanese roots and a more straight conection with religion and the western style:
a problem?because its going in a diferent direction
or
a vantage?because is briging something new

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
To be honest i don't know how they can still revive the original DMC series and it makes me sad :(

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
thats where the discussion went crazy overthere,some posters think that by bringing straight correlations with the C/J creed to the story,it would have the depth they think DMC always lacked.
that by adding angels or showing how the devils use the capital sins to control or ilude the humans,the canon is being fullfilled

Difference of opinions. Nothing more, nothing less.

Speakin' for myself, I'd be fine even if Limbo was just another word invented by NT to name their living-city. I'd be more interested to see how they presented Limbo rather than finding how it's related to Christianity or any other religion for that matter. But, as you already know, not all people think the same way. Some people prefer a "realistic" approach towards the story of DMC, and for them, coherency with the religion becomes a major part.

pimbanagordixinha2

Not that I'm bothered by it, but your asking a lot of questions. Were you hired by Ninja Theory to get our opinions?! :p
yeah,i derailed my own thread!lol
honestly??yes i work for NT...NO! JUST KIDDING!
again honestly i love the old canon.IMHO DMC lacked in some areas but was excellent in others,im worried that DmC would mean the end of DMC as i know it.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
^i think quite a few fans are worried about that.

IMO, I think Capcom Fudged up the plots with the appearance of Nero... they couldn't explain what happened to Sparda.... They came up with a reboot to take the fans minds off of the plotholes from the past games... but that's my conspiracy filled opinion

pimbanagordixinha2

Difference of opinions. Nothing more, nothing less.

Speakin' for myself, I'd be fine even if Limbo was just another word invented by NT to name their living-city. I'd be more interested to see how they presented Limbo rather than finding how it's related to Christianity or any other religion for that matter. But, as you already know, not all people think the same way. Some people prefer a "realistic" approach towards the story of DMC, and for them, coherency with the religion becomes a major part.
yeah i know,but you know how people can be stubborn and short sighted over the nets.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
^i think quite a few fans are worried about that.

IMO, I think Capcom Fudged up the plots with the appearance of Nero... they couldn't explain what happened to Sparda.... They came up with a reboot to take the fans minds off of the plotholes from the past games... but that's my conspiracy filled opinion

And I agree with your conspiracy filled opinion..... if that's what you call it!

Top Bottom