• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Advanced Tutorial

ChaserTech

You're at least recording some videos of your playthrough, right? I can deal with no tutorials, but I really wanted to see more high level footage.

Yeah, it just depends on if my friends get the game or not. If they do, most likely I'll be able to record stuff on their PC.

Powerstar7

Just a quick note: A lot of people are misunderstanding the whole Hacker and Prop cancelling, it's not made by shooting with Ebony & Ivory, it's actually a "Ricoshot Release", you do Prop, charge, release to cancel the recovery and Prop again. That way not a single bullet will come out, that's how brea did it.
Wait I'm not really getting this? Could you put it in notation for the tech?

Gbraga

L2 + O, let go of L2, charge [], release [], repeat.

Charge as soon as Prop hits, otherwise Dante will just shoot out of the Prop animation.

ChaserTech

you got the game? lol

No, but I do plan on playing it on my friend's PC whenever he gets it.

Plus, I could ask a few people to record footage for me as well as explanation to execute each technique. That's what I did in my DMC4 Dante Advanced Combat Tutorial Part 2 video. After the first part of the video, I asked some fairly well known pro players to help me in terms of getting footage and they all pitched in since I couldn't do half of the combos/techniques myself.

fatalityshizz

Thanks alot, it helped me out. I was only able to JC helm breaker and drop. Now i feel more badass when playing the game! :)

Vagrant

This is good stuff.

I noticed right off the bat JCing was ridiculously easier in this one. I miss killer bee! lol

This should be stickied if it hasn't been already

AngelMode

lol sorry for the late response guys. College is being a b!tch right now and I just started this semester so...

Nice dude. I see you put a lot of effort into that so you can add it as a video response on one of my videos if you want. Maybe get you some more views.

That Fireworks cancel is awesome! Serious good stuff there.

lol Thanks, I'll see if I do that ^^

lol awesome tutorial.

A LOT of people asked if I was going to make tutorials for DmC and I was kinda iffy about it. I don't plan on making any unless if it's really needed.

You should make one. Or wait for Vergil's DLC and make one of Vergil/Dante combined. That'll make for a long entertaining video.

Thanks alot, it helped me out. I was only able to JC helm breaker and drop. Now i feel more badass when playing the game! :)

You'll get the hang of it, nothing one of two hours of practice can't fix XD

This is good stuff.

I noticed right off the bat JCing was ridiculously easier in this one. I miss killer bee! lol

Only way I could JC out of that move was if I spam the living hell out of jump, because the timing was always different depending on your position and the enemy type.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
This is good stuff.

Vergil has Killer Bee. Its a little slower a has natural bounceback, but you should be able to JC it like normal.

AngelMode

I thought he was only using yamato in the upcoming dlc? They're giving him Beowulf as well?

He is only getting Yamato but, as far as I can see, Vergil has an angel mode and a demon mode just like Dante, which makes him do different attacks without changing the weapon itself. Killer Bee is an attack he does, he doesn't use any weapons for it. I think it might be done by holding R2/RT and then pressing Triangle/Y. Same as how he does a Stomp with the Yamato... which I think it is done with R2/RT+Circle/B.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I am having terrible timing trying to JC every move...ever. I can only do Gun canceling and the others.
But the only JC I can do is the Rake XD I feel so terrible.

AngelMode

I am having terrible timing trying to JC every move...ever. I can only do Gun canceling and the others.
But the only JC I can do is the Rake XD I feel so terrible.
That's alright, you can still do some pretty amazing stunts in this game without JC'ing. Way more than you could in past DMCs. JC does speed up your combos much more when in the air, and you won't feel like you are doing the same thing over and over... like spamming the living hell out of your whips to stay airborne.

Man I miss RG. Demon Evade just isn't the same
Demon Evade is exactly like Witch Time in Bayonetta... except that in Bayonetta it's actually easier to do since you just have to dodge, disregarding the fact that you have to be in some sort of mode. But RG was definitely the best sh*t, as the timing is so much less forgiving and you feel so boss when you do it.

Top Bottom