• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Advanced Tutorial

AngelMode

So I figured I would make a video about a few of the advanced mechanics of DmC. The game has been out for about four days now, but those who played the hell out of the demo should have walked into the game kicking butt and taking names XD If it weren't for that, I would have had a pretty hard time with the game still. But digress so... here's the video:

Hope you guys like it. Also, the mods should make a tutorial thread and stick it or something... so people can learn the ins and outs of the game, even though, sadly, it is much easier to learn that older DMCs. But there is a metric ton of tricks nevertheless.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
You can angel evade in place, the angel "flip" just turns into a standard air evade during the flip animation.

Otherwise, great job! Showdown cancelling looks badass and has a nice OTG bounce which is always fun.

Gbraga

Just a quick note: A lot of people are misunderstanding the whole Hacker and Prop cancelling, it's not made by shooting with Ebony & Ivory, it's actually a "Ricoshot Release", you do Prop, charge, release to cancel the recovery and Prop again. That way not a single bullet will come out, that's how brea did it.

AngelMode

You can angel evade in place, the angel "flip" just turns into a standard air evade during the flip animation.

Otherwise, great job! Showdown cancelling looks badass and has a nice OTG bounce which is always fun.

Yeah, what I meant by angel evade was the part where Dante goes all blue and disappears for a second. THAT is what you can't evade in place because Dante evades forward.

Showdown is one of my favorite cancels.

jump canceling showdown looks cool :)

Yep, it's awesome. Sadly, it is one of the hardest to pull off >_<

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Yeah, what I meant by angel evade was the part where Dante goes all blue and disappears for a second. THAT is what you can't evade in place because Dante evades forward.

Showdown is one of my favorite cancels.

Yep, it's awesome. Sadly, it is one of the hardest to pull off >_<

I haven't got the game yet and I already know its going to be my main cancel ha.

You should make a combo video, QUICKLY!

AngelMode

Just a quick note: A lot of people are misunderstanding the whole Hacker and Prop cancelling, it's not made by shooting with Ebony & Ivory, it's actually a "Ricoshot Release", you do Prop, charge, release to cancel the recovery and Prop again. That way not a single bullet will come out, that's how brea did it.

Yes, but that's basically a combination of buffering and gun canceling... so I wasn't sure and just threw the one I knew how to do out there XD

I haven't got the game yet and I already know its going to be my main cancel ha.

You should make a combo video, QUICKLY!

Meh, I actually want to wait and see some of the stuff other people come up with before doing it.

Nate

Pretty awesome bro good job, I never really noticed the difference between evading with the Angel and Demon weapons.

8BitHero

Scrub
Nice dude. I see you put a lot of effort into that so you can add it as a video response on one of my videos if you want. Maybe get you some more views.

That Fireworks cancel is awesome! Serious good stuff there.

ChaserTech

lol awesome tutorial.

A LOT of people asked if I was going to make tutorials for DmC and I was kinda iffy about it. I don't plan on making any unless if it's really needed.

Lunar Legend

i cant seem to perfect the timing but their seems to be a few frames before you leave the ground with a high time (air) where you can cancel with a jump (which automatically resets the move without you leaving the ground). this basically seems like jump cancelling without leaving the ground. the problem is the timing seems so strict i can only do it once at a time. and thats at random intervals.

Gbraga

lol awesome tutorial.

A LOT of people asked if I was going to make tutorials for DmC and I was kinda iffy about it. I don't plan on making any unless if it's really needed.
You're at least recording some videos of your playthrough, right? I can deal with no tutorials, but I really wanted to see more high level footage.

Top Bottom