• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

dmc 5 long shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

master sayers

dmc4 all the way
maybe im taking a longshot here but by any chance does people actually consider this being a good game personally i think its a slim chance as what got me hooked into the story of dmc is dante's character any opinions wanted

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I honestly think it'll be fine. Ever since DMC2, Dante was extremely annoying to me. So if he acts more serious (not DMC2 like, but at least DMC1) I'll be happy.

Meg

Oh it may be good. It might be very good, but from what we've seen so far it won't be a good DMC game. The style is all wrong. Its not so much the new Dante so much as the over all style of the game that screams "generic cash in on 'cool" to me.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I'm tolerant of the new art/game style, but I agree with Meg, honestly.

There's this terrible misconception that this game is 'cool'

What it is is overdone as far as the 'look at me, I'm a bad ass that smokes' thing goes...and it simply doesn't look like DMC anymore. It looks like a bad cop movie mixed with some scumy looking nightmare.

But that aside, yes, there is a possibility...very slim...that this game will be good. Maybe even a hit.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
*Shrugs* I don't know what it is about people smoking...sure it's not a healthy habit and of course to some it doesn't make them look cool but honestly...I think it builds character. But that aside...I can't judge by one trailer, if there is a demo released sometime and more details about gameplay, *maybe* then I can judge, but not now.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I'm not gonna lie to you...the makeover of Dante is what mostly ****ing me off...actually...its the main thing I'm mad about, otherwise I wouldn't of given a **** that Ninja Theory are the devs, maybe they can actually pull a good game out of their ass, but now...**** this game.

I dont even think people would of been as mad if they made Dante a chick or black or w/e as long as Dante looked the typical cool way and stuff.

Osaka

trollololol
I guess what I want is for this game to slience all the doubters and haters (which includes me as I doubt the direction it looks like it's going) and give a generally great piece of gaming like 1& 3 did. Otherwise I too will be mourning the death of what was once a very good franchise.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Here was my post-DMC4 Dante wishlist

*No more acting and talking like you are invincible (the ability to be hurt and injured, a vulnerable side to him)
*Bit more aggression.
*New VA with a bit more grit than Reuben.

The whole new look thing gets kinda overwhelmed by the realisation that I may actually be getting what I wanted out of this game. So I am happy to give it a chance at this point.

And if I become an emo...SO BE IT! ILL ENDURE THE EXILE...

Chrysander

It may be good, may be bad, on the other hand, might be good, might not be so good, might be okay, it might be quite good, or it might not be very good, on the other hand, it might not be so bad after all, might be really good, might be average...

but you know it actually is going to suck come on

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I feel like those that assume it'll be bad will always think it's bad no matter how good it actually is, and vice versa.

Chrysander

That's right, until the game is here this whole kind of conversation is pointless, because the assumptions being made are based on one crappy video with no gameplay just a moron waving around a plastic weapon - sorry I didn't mean to go on like that, I just thought of that plastic weapon insult and thought I'd throw it in :p hah

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Exactly. At this point the arguments have degenerated into pointless babble and insults, so there really is no goal here.

Chrysander

That's what this forum is thriving on at the moment unfortunately, I wish there was more to discuss instead of same old thing :( I think it'd do the game good to show a bit more, because I don't think it's had good press off this vid really

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Actually, the life of the forums is in the General Discussion area. The only thing that's thriving in this part of the forums is nothingness.

Chrysander

forum singular - this forum, reboot discussion, I agree and it is what I said, let's not argue over something we agree on :heart:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh, whoops. I usually refer to this whole place as "the forum". So that caught me off guard. Sorry.

Anyway, this is getting off topic so I'm just gonna back away slowly.

Chrysander

Everything is sexy! DDT off the top rope onto a pillow -

On topic, if I can just ignore the fact that this game is called DMC, and pretend it's a new franchise, then it's really the gameplay / combat system that is the selling point, along with interesting enemies and variety in weapons. But even if the game is just as good, or better than DMC3 (*cough*, yeah...) it will still leave a bad taste in my mouth because of the use of the names DMC and Dante, and any other character they stamp on.

Meg

Even if I was to ignore the DMC name and look at it as a new series I wouldn't like what I've seen so far. I just really hate the style.

Chrysander

Yes but that's just a cutscene, the guys who make that are probably not the people working on the combat engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom