• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc 5 is here. Lets speculate :)

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Another bit of speculation: Are we looking at pre DMC2, or post DMC2?

For those unfamiliar with the storyline, it goes: DMC3-DMC1-Anime-DMC4-DMC2. One of my friends assumes post 2, given how old Dante looks, and the futuristic content. I'm on the fence, because I see sense in that argument--but I also see sense in it being pre-DMC2, even if it's not by a lot.

Either way, I can't wait until next spring!

i remember reading it was set after 4, meaning it can also be 2.. dante looks so old and rides a bike, gives a huge reference on 2 there too.. and when exactly is next spring? is this coming out on xbox first btw?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
i remember reading it was set after 4, meaning it can also be 2.. dante looks so old and rides a bike, gives a huge reference on 2 there too.. and when exactly is next spring? is this coming out on xbox first btw?

Oh, yeah, there's no doubt it's after 4. I just meant I wonder if it happens after 4's storyline, but before 2's, or if it's supposed be post 2 entirely.

And that's a good question. I haven't seen anyone mention if there's a different between the PS4 and X-1 release dates.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
It looks like Nero will be the protagonist. Eh, I was never really his biggest fan, but I'm excited to potentially see the plot threads of his story from DMC4 wrapped up. Plus, this game looks like it'll be the best of both worlds for the DMC/DmC community. It has the visual style, and tone DmC, but continues the narrative of the original DMC saga with those characters. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Could it be Vergil with black hair?

Doesn't look like Vergil to me. Sleeveless coat ain't his style, the boots are not the same and he has black hair.

But looking at how they changed Nero, I may very well be wrong. I'd be heartbroken if they messed with Vergil's looks like that though...

Are we looking at pre DMC2, or post DMC2

My guess is post. In the screen with the three characters together, you can see his clothing and hairstyle are very similar to DMC2's. Rebellion also looks a lot like it was in that game. The fact that he came into the scene riding a bike (if I'm not mistaken) also reinforces that idea.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
It is after DMC4. You read that correct.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
okay, i can reassure now that it's vergil, based on rumors posted by @berto in dmc v rumor thread

New Rumor:
-Announced at Sony's E3
-PS4/PC only (same situation as SFV)
-Set after DMC 4
-Dante and Vergil focused
-Vergil is bad looking,veiny and pale
-in trailer Dante uses sword/spear, Vergil bare handed fighting style
-Nero is important part of story
-60 FPS locked
-Early 2019

i said before that the third character looked like a monk type fighter, and in the rumor it said vergil is bare handed.. i'm guessing that explains it..

about the hair, it could be black or could be the lighting.. capcom may surprise us, vergil is also said looking veiny and pale, it explains everything imo

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
How though? DMC2 was even included in that "Story of DMC" extra thingy in the game.
The events of DMC2 are referenced in the history, but it feels so disconnected form the stories being told in DMC, DMC3, and DMC4.

Veloran

A few things to note - It was very obviously Vergil that tore off Nero's arm, and I would guess this was for him to retrieve Yamato. He's all corrupted up and still wearing a ragged version of his DMC3 attire, so I'd guess my longtime speculation about what happened to him is correct.

The location here is "Red Grave city". Dante's hometown and the origin of his old alias maybe? I know Dante was supposed (Kind of) to have been taken it from Antonio Redgrave, but who knows. Maybe the city was named after his family, or vice-versa. The more important thing here is how the city's name and the whole "demon tree" thing is very obviously a reference to events from the first Devil May Cry novel. Hell, Nico's role as Nero's mechanic even parallels Nell's role as Dante's weaponsmith in the book. The old guy at the start of the trailer may even be another parallel to the character Grue from the same book. This all leads me to believe that the demon tree spawning this disaster is basically the same kind of thing that was in the book, and that someone close to one of the protagonists is forming it's core and will have to be killed just like, in that case, Jessica. Kyrie maybe? If it was Trish or Lady, it would explain Dante's demeanor in DMC2, should this not take place after that.

As for the main antagonist, I would guess it's either Mundus or Sparda, given that he has the third eye thing going on.

Lastly, there's the matter of the third protagonist seen on the promotional cover art. He's scrawnier than either Nero or Dante, has black hair, and is covered in some kind of weird, demonic looking tattoos. Overall his design doesn't fit Vergil. Currently, my favorite speculation here is that this "mysterious V" is in fact not Vergil, but rather Vergil - Dante's own son, named after his presumed-dead brother. A complete guess, but I like the idea anyway.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Antonio Redgrave
Actually, it's just Tony. Antonio is the name of the character in Bayonetta which is only a reference and Antony is the one they used in the anime, English version only, and they took a lot of liberties when translating names. It was Brad and Angelina, not Bradley, Patty Royale, not Patty Lowell.

Tony Redgrave was his name in the novel and the name of a gunsmith in a product description for official replicas, never referred to as Antonio or Anthony within the actual franchise.

Veloran

Actually, it's just Tony. Antonio is the name of the character in Bayonetta which is only a reference and Antony is the one they used in the anime, English version only, and they took a lot of liberties when translating names. It was Brad and Angelina, not Bradley, Patty Royale, not Patty Lowell.
Well, I just thought that's what Kamiya said about the name, that it was originally Luka's father Antonio where Dante got the name from, and he just shortened it to Tony. Again it doesn't matter, it works that it could simultaneously be the name of a person and a city.

and the name of a gunsmith in a product description for official replicas,
Where was this?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Dante's motorcycle looks a little demonic so maybe its a motorcycle devil arm? or just stylized?

it would be funny if DMCV took place 5 years after DMC4.

I like the idea of him being Dante's kid who was named after Vergil but I don't see it. I wanna say it is Vergil but why hide it as V?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Dante's motorcycle looks a little demonic so maybe its a motorcycle devil arm? or just stylized?

it would be funny if DMCV took place 5 years after DMC4.

I like the idea of him being Dante's kid who was named after Vergil but I don't see it. I wanna say it is Vergil but why hide it as V?

Nero isn't Dante's kid. It's gotta be Vergil's.

Top Bottom