• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 5 Instead of DmC 2

Would you have a problem with DMC 5 only?

• Total voters

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I just want a good game but, it also just screams selling out. I'd at least want things done in DmC to be incorporated regardless. the mechanics, the cool a$$ levels like Limbo has, and for once steering away from the very uninteresting cliches it revels in. Keeping a more self aware attitude and good jokes would be nice.

TheManWhoMakesDevilsCry

Devil May Cry's a rockin' baby, yeah!
I wouldn't mind too much. I just want another installment to the series. I don't care if it goes to DMC or DmC. If I did have to choose between one or the other, though, I would go for DMC5, but that is personal preference.

I still would like to see both series get updated, but I doubt that Capcom would do that.

I just want a good, fun game to be released. I don't really care if it is DmC2 or DMC5.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Pretty much in agreement with the others.

I'd prefer a DMC5, but whatever they choose to do-either DmC or DMC, or anything at all-I'd want to see it done right.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Damn, clicked the wrong option. Can I re-vote?

Anyway, no, I would not. I'm sure for the sake of peace people might opt out and say I wouldn't mind a DmC2 but rather have a DMC5. I'd rather get a 5 and I would be very upset at having a DmC2.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I'd have a problem with DmC2 only, but not DMC5. DmC just started as a (possible) series, and if we had to make a choice, I'd go with the DMC games, because that's what Devil May Cry was originally. No sense in ignoring it and making many people miserable. Wouldn't make sense for Capcom to want to lose money, either.

However, I think DmC can continue after they're done with the DMC games. I just won't be playing it because I don't like its characters, style, atmosphere, or even its world.

In my mind, DMC should still be that anime-like hack and slash with horror elements. They need to go back and see what the developers of DMC3 did right, and incorporate that in DMC5. DmC is slightly worse than DMC3 on all levels, so yeah, I'd stick with DMC3 as a template for its gameplay. In terms of horror style, it would be somewhere between DMC3 and DMC1, I guess. Dante would be in between DMC1 and DMC4 Dante in terms of personality. I really liked his DMC2 outfit, but I'm not sure if that would really work with his personality. Something between the DMC1 and DMC2 outfits would be interesting.

Sunaka Marién

Yes and No.

The good thing about not having a DmC2 would be that I wouldn't have to worry about them ruining it for me; but if it turned out to be amazing then I'd rather have a DmC2, quite obviously.

I am not completely opposed to having a DMC5, however I have great doubts that I would actually enjoy it, seeing what they did with 4, and quite frankly, I no longer have much of a truely deep-rooted care left for the original series, thanks to being treated by quite a bunch of people of its fanbase with so much disrespect, that it even affected my joy in playing these games. Actually, I honestly do not even want to begin to imagine what the reaction of those fans would be if they announced DMC5, because I fear that it would bring yet another wave of hateful comments towards people like me, who enjoy DmC - and I am just so done with that stuff.

Also, to answer your question in the opening post - yes, I would complain.

Last edited:

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Yes and No.

I am not completely opposed to having a DMC5, however I have great doubts that I would actually enjoy it, seeing what they did with 4, and quite frankly, I no longer have much of a truely deep-rooted care left for the original series, thanks to being treated by quite a bunch of people of its fanbase with so much disrespect, that it even affected my joy in playing these games. Actually, I honestly do not even want to begin to imagine what the reaction of those fans would be if they announced DMC5, because I fear that it would bring yet another wave of hateful comments towards people like me, who enjoy DmC - and I am just so done with that stuff.

*And if DmC2 were released, the hate would continue from the other side. It really doesn't matter which of the two comes out: there will always be hate - you're not going to escape it, sorry to say. There will also be people constantly wanting to generalize everything and everyone, saying one person is on the DmC side or the DMC side. Such nonsense.

I also find it a bit sad to let others decide how you feel about the games. Just play them and like them for what they are. Don't let some fans spoil everything for you, because that's like saying you decided to hate soccer just because some people in the audience were fighting. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I'm also sick of people getting all 'emotionally scarred' just because somebody said something they didn't like. And for video games, no less. I can't imagine how life in general must be for you if you take everything like such a burden.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I'd have no problem with only having DMC5, it's all I want from the franchise, I honestly want it to stay as the over the top anime style hack n slash it always has been, I just find those kind of games more fun and it's most likely since Capcom has abandoned Western outsourcing.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i live to adapt. if DMC5 is what is to come, then i guess i'll have to bend to the whims of capcom and do what they want

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Why the hell do I have to choose? Why can't I just enjoy both the old and the new series???

Its no longer a choice son.

Pick one or get neither. It is the position that Capcom put this franchise in.

They either pick one or throw the entire series into the dumpster potentially replacing it with something else.

kyro143

if they make DMC5 and create a new character it would be a bad idea ya all know they create nero like WHO IS THAT GUY??!! i just want them to clarify all !! hahahah :D

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Its no longer a choice son.

Pick one or get neither. It is the position that Capcom put this franchise in.

They either pick one or throw the entire series into the dumpster potentially replacing it with something else.

True. In the end, either DMC or DmC needs to conclude. There's just no way Capcom would find it fun to do both series at the same time. Wouldn't be too profitable either, considering the fact that a lot of people wouldn't care if they both existed. They just want a Devil May Cry game, and to many of them that means ''The Stinger attack! Herp derp!'', nothing more. It would also be time wasted when it could've been spent on new IPs - which Capcom dearly needs right now.

So either DmC2 as the last installment and DMC can continue on with brand new stories (maybe ending Dante's story and continuing with Nero), OR DmC goes on and DMC ends with DMC5. I'd prefer the former, but if DMC ends with DMC5, I can be happy.

But since the franchise's future is uncertain, I think we'd be lucky to get any Devil May Cry game.

Top Bottom