• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 3 SE Jump Cancelling?

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
I've tried to jump cancel on DMC 3 pc version, and i fail at it badly.

I can easily manage to enemy step, but the demons fall down so fast i never get chance to repeat the jcing.

I also know there are issues with DMC 3 on pcrelating to sounds of the game causing lagg.

I got a bit over average DMC skill, and i can't believe i can't do jcing.

Could anyone please tell me if your having same issue on the pc edition?

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I've tried to jump cancel on DMC 3 pc version, and i fail at it badly.

I can easily manage to enemy step, but the demons fall down so fast i never get chance to repeat the jcing.

I also know there are issues with DMC 3 on pcrelating to sounds of the game causing lagg.

I got a bit over average DMC skill, and i can't believe i can't do jcing.

Could anyone please tell me if your having same issue on the pc edition?

The PC version is very temperamental, I know a few people with amazing rigs and it runs worse on theirs than it does mine (mine's terrible)

I believe it just requires an odd combination of hardware that not many people have still. However one of the main problems is like you said the music (just music not all sounds) and specifically the player in the software that loads them. If you go into your game directory and delete the music files the game runs a LOT smoother, you just have to deal with playing without music I'm afraid. That should remove a lot of the problems you're having.

Hope that helps. :)

EDIT: Also as far as JC tips go start with something easy, Cerberus' Flicker is a good one to try (the Swordmaster move) or even E+I shots until you get the hang of the flow. The hard bit is attacking after the JC quick enough so it's easier doing it with Style moves as your finger's closer to the button after jump.

McdD

I did fix that sound problem. So no music is played, but thing is it's for some reason a near impossible for me to JC.
My computer is also pretty lame (i am so glad it could run DMC 3).

I don't believe it's my fault that JCing is so hard to pull off. I've managed to JC when Rebellion is shot out at enemies (Air kick attack).

Thank you for your help. Yes, it does help. But i don't know i feel something is making it very hard for me to jc. I managed to jc with rebellion (1 or 2 ) (aerial rave).
But i couldn't continue the flow. And i find it hard to believe i am that bad...

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I wouldn't worry, JC can be awkward to get the hang of at first. Until you get used to the technique it can feel really iconsistant even though it feels like you're doing it right.

Try checking out ChaserTech's videos in the DMC4 section "Advanced Combat Tutorials" and this video is also really good and focuses specifically on JCing in DMC3.

Player and Uploader: Broly2012

McdD

managed like 3-4 jcing with style attack of Cerebus.

Progress :)

ChaserTech

managed like 3-4 jcing with style attack of Cerebus.

Progress :)

Awesome. :p Keep at it man. Never give up.

When I first learned to JC, it was slightly awkward. I wasn't used to the attacking, waiting for the hitbox to connect, then JCing afterwards. But through time and practice I finally learned how to JC properly. Things get a lot interesting when you master this technique.

Top Bottom