• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 3 JOURNEY TO HELL AND BACK

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Sooo now that im practically finished dmc4 (two achievements left) ill be jumping back into dmc3 to finish off the harder modes and get the last of the achievements for that part of the hd collection if anyone has any tips to help me or any hints on the secret missions or certains weapons to use on certain enemies that arent already stated in the guides on this site mg me :) soooo looking forward to finishing leveling up dante so i can anjoy a vergil run through again

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Master beowolf and royalguard and nothing can touch you beoeilf is devastating to nevan and Agni and rudra Vergil jester Beowolf himself and awl horse face ha a when Bevan does the spinning blades charge a straight punch and unleash it once she stops also DTE at this point then killer bee JC her and even on DMD it takes almost half her health royalguard and killer bee jc work together perfectly as air guards timing isn't as bad as the guard o the ground use spiral cancel too it keeps enemies at long range Vergil is easy just read his movement s and use trickster and DTE and beowolf JC or rebellion and Cerberus on the ground

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Master beowolf and royalguard and nothing can touch you beoeilf is devastating to nevan and Agni and rudra Vergil jester Beowolf himself and awl horse face ha a when Bevan does the spinning blades charge a straight punch and unleash it once she stops also DTE at this point then killer bee JC her and even on DMD it takes almost half her health royalguard and killer bee jc work together perfectly as air guards timing isn't as bad as the guard o the ground use spiral cancel too it keeps enemies at long range Vergil is easy just read his movement s and use trickster and DTE and beowolf JC or rebellion and Cerberus on the ground

See i normally either do swordmaster or gunslinger in dmc3 as dante as the guns do more damage in dmc3 i have to master trickster still and royalguard but im a lil scasred to try royal guard on the harder levels as i dont know the enemy timing as well i usually do gunslinger to be honest i know beowulf is deadly i actually plan to use A&R and beowulf for my run through

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Beowolf is a must for very hard and DMD dude but I'm sure you will find your own ways regardless

i figured as much yah beowulf and a&r seem to be the way to go for dante as while i enjoy rebellion a&r offer more range and they damage specific enemies :) im only playing as dante untill his styles and guns are leveled up after those achievements ill be using vergil as my main and doing blood palace with him as well

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Watch out for Vergil doing massive amounts of judgment cuts round trips and surrounding himself with spiral swords on DMD or surrounding you with them to damage you he dt's way more and is faster and teleports constantly so be on your toes he stingers a lot shields himself regains health at a stupid rate and deals huge damage in seconds if you give an opening he is almost nearly as bad on very hard so if you want strategies for Dante pm me or for Vergil I'm sure spartan will help you there as all my Vergil strategies involve rave and helm splitter and killer bee JC while using summoned and spiral swords

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
2nd and third are a bastard though especially the third and the arkham fight on DMD is a pain too as he takes so little damage from your attacks there all harder but some more than others on your first play through but after a few once you find there exploits you can destroy them

MKH Spartan

forgot to mention his helmsplitter trick down spam he does too watch for that
You forgot to mention he sometimes combines it with Spiral Swords at the same time, then turns them into the Blistering Swords formation, to absolutely wreck your day.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
MKHost: 531959 said:
You forgot to mention he sometimes combines it with Spiral Swords at the same time, then turns them into the Blistering Swords formation, to absolutely wreck your day.

Ya forgot that havent fought him in a few months ya I hate when he does that have fun volpe

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
He only caught me with them when I fought him as Vergil with Dante I use royalguard and release when he stops and DTE and attack with rg he is a piece of cake

MKH Spartan

I just jump and trick when he does it with Vergil cause of the I frames
I only have an issue with it if he puts them in the Blistering Swords formation where he fires them 1 at a time over his shoulder while doing his Helmbreaker spam, because my I frames aren't long enough to cover them all lol (this is assuming I am doing an SS run). However, I usually take out his Spiral Swords right when he summons them so it's rarely ever a problem.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Sometimes it can really be random with him I just keep jumping trick up trick down I keep tricking and they pass through without causing any damage he doesn't do it often though he has a good few openings for the first third of his health to exploit up to half but then he just goes nuts so you have to time it right and the
killer bee JC doesn't work as much as he blocks and rapid slashes after like 3 hits he is a nut case ha ha on a side note volpe kalina Ann is great for destroying the spiral swords he firms around him and his shield

Top Bottom