• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dirge of Cerberus

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick7

What's up everyone? The new Final Fantasy 7 game Dirge of Cerberus is out. I just want to know what you all think of the game. From what I saw on the trailers, it looks pretty good. It's like a mix of Final Fantasy 7 and Devil May Cry.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
ya.......................its awsome game..................i saw a video that a guy was fighting with Bahamut....................and it was awsome :)

Kakashi

aka Bindshooter1
well i heared its sucks .. ... they say the only thing good about this game are the FMA s they look great and that yuffi is in it (thats my part i like ^^)

Vergil_Sparda

dattebayo!
I just got my copy in the mail this morning. I'm still in the beginning. It's not to bad so far. It's action packed like dmc for sure.

machindix

I haven't played it yet so correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like a DMC rip-off to me.

Yeah, I know Final Fantasy 7 came out much earlier than DMC, I'm a huge fan of both in fact, but the whole action game thing's just not for Square. They're better off making RPGs and CG films. I just couldn't ignore the fact that Vincent's limit break looks too similiar to Dante's devil trigger. Ok, I know Vincent has his Chaos form long before Dante, but in my opinion, Dirge of Cerberus just isn't original enough, and it's not just the visuals I'm talking about.

Stick to DMC if you like a guy in red doing stylish moves, or go play Metal Gear Solid if you're looking for something more strategical.

No offence to those of you who like DoC. Just my personal opinion.

Vergil_Sparda

dattebayo!
Meh. It may show some silmarities to DMC but there's nothing wrong with using another game as an influence. If they even did use it as an influence. I heard DMC3 was a complete rip off of some other game. I wish I remembered the name of it. Anybody know it?

This is my review so it's going to have spoilers ok? :p

I finished the game in 3 days. I have to say it is short. The battles are hard. I had alot of trouble with Azul's second form and Omega. I was happy to see my fav. FF7 character in it, who is Cloud by the way. I was very disappointed with Yuffie having some spotlight. I don't really like her. She proved to be even more annoying in this game. There were a few other characters in the game I didn't particulary like too much. The gameplay is fun even though I'd rather have the gameplay like it was in ff7. The storyline was okay. The ending kind of annoyed me until I saw the very end. I thought they actually killed off Vincent. O_O

*End spoilers*

I give the game a 7/10

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
ya.................the story line is look like as Panzer of the Dragon Orta................and it was cool the battles Vergil_Sparda??

GSU Sparda

Vergil_Sparda;4616 said:
Meh. It may show some silmarities to DMC but there's nothing wrong with using another game as an influence. If they even did use it as an influence.

I have to agree with you, it seems marginally inspired by DMC at the best. The game is much more along the lines of a Shooter (Like Halo or Doom), than an Action title like Devil May Cry. The expection being DoC being in the third person (Since apparently Motion Sickness is oddly common in the Japanese culture). It's personally not as good of a shooter as those games, seeing how a majority of the people intrested in playing this game probably wouldn't be huge shooter fans as well. But that's an issue of it's own.

Virgil_Sparda said:
I was very disappointed with Yuffie having some spotlight. I don't really like her. She proved to be even more annoying in this game.

*End spoilers*

Let me guess you didn't like the whole "*Insert Cheesy Heroic speech*, I am the Grand Ninja YUFFIE KISARAGI" Thing did ya? Understandable, It's kinda of a Japanese culture thing, a parody of the Tokusastu heros/Heroines. Like Super Sentai, Kamen Rider or Salior Moon.

I personally like that kinda stuff and laughed so hard whenever Yuffie did something like that, but I can see why most people would find it more annoying than her "OMG MUST STEAL ALL YOUR MATERIA" Stage.

Personally I would give the game a 6.5/10, A couple glaring errors like invisable walls and lack of dodging manuvers really did bring the game down.

Vergil_Sparda

dattebayo!
It was more of the scene where she flips out on Vincent asking why didn't he try and save the one eyed girl. I don't know remember the character's name.

machindix

Vergil_Sparda;4616 said:
Meh. It may show some silmarities to DMC but there's nothing wrong with using another game as an influence. If they even did use it as an influence. I heard DMC3 was a complete rip off of some other game. I wish I remembered the name of it. Anybody know it?

This is my review so it's going to have spoilers ok? :p

I finished the game in 3 days. I have to say it is short. The battles are hard. I had alot of trouble with Azul's second form and Omega. I was happy to see my fav. FF7 character in it, who is Cloud by the way. I was very disappointed with Yuffie having some spotlight. I don't really like her. She proved to be even more annoying in this game. There were a few other characters in the game I didn't particulary like too much. The gameplay is fun even though I'd rather have the gameplay like it was in ff7. The storyline was okay. The ending kind of annoyed me until I saw the very end. I thought they actually killed off Vincent. O_O

*End spoilers*

I give the game a 7/10

Yeah... I know I'm over reacting. It's just that I was looking sooo forward to DoC, yet it turned out to be a disappointment. Then again, I might try it out when my friend gets it, just to give it a chance.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Vergil_Sparda;4647 said:
It was more of the scene where she flips out on Vincent asking why didn't he try and save the one eyed girl. I don't know remember the character's name.

awsome..................but try to figure out the name of the character...................i must play the game :D

Vince

her name was shalua......I was so sad when she died...... oh did I made a spoiler???

For me I'm playing slowly because I want to take all the pleasure from this game. I just finished azul second form wich gave me a really hard time.... (limit break is the only way to kill him lol) but to use limit break as an item.... it wasn't a good Idea and invisible wall is really boring, well I enjoyed seeing many of ff7 character again like cloud fighting Rosso about 3 seconds ( I tought he would ad kill her.... but no!!)

well Its a godd game but I've should had wait that the price drop.... 60$ for a game.... I'm sure that in 3 months it will be 30$ :p

Curse

Cursed Girl
*curse is a pirate and games cost only 1$ for her X] *

anyway i wanted dirge of cererus to an RPG T_________T

Curse

Cursed Girl
d4rkn1ght;4813 said:
1$.........its too cheap lol
i would buy it...........if i had the money :p
mwuahahaha...being a pirate pays off...only that the game companys don't get any $ from what i do..:/

Vergil_Sparda

dattebayo!
Pirating games sucks. I rather support those who make these great games for us to enjoy. Otherwise there will be no more games for us to enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom