• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dig these new DmC screens and Weapon art

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I was thinking the same thing too. I mean, why would heaven accept a person with demonic blood in him. And i think the demons and angels feel the say way. And that they want Dante to side with him for their own personal gain.
As far as the orphanages go, and the demons controlling him that way, maybe they think they can control him, but with all the suffering around him, he makes a choice. Leading him towards "the light" but maybe prayer and hope is not what Dante is familiar with so he helps humans by force. Making heaven upset.
I dont know=S

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I was thinking the same thing too. I mean, why would heaven accept a person with demonic blood in him. And i think the demons and angels feel the say way. And that they want Dante to side with him for their own personal gain.
As far as the orphanages go, and the demons controlling him that way, maybe they think they can control him, but with all the suffering around him, he makes a choice. Leading him towards "the light" but maybe prayer and hope is not what Dante is familiar with so he helps humans by force. Making heaven upset.
I dont know=S
maybe something like that :p

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Well it wouldn't be a first if it did go on about angels and demons, I mean, isn't that the whole point really? Good vs bad and whatnot?...

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Well it wouldn't be a first if it did go on about angels and demons, I mean, isn't that the whole point really? Good vs bad and whatnot?...
that seems to be the overall view of everything, but we've seen that hundreds of times in video games. I hope its a bunch of lies and betrayals and Dante chooses to side with the humans only, and tries to fend off outer influences.

Chimera Khaos

Well we already know he'd rather side with the humans cause of his job, and he's fended off more than he can handle sometimes...

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Well we already know he'd rather side with the humans cause of his job, and he's fended off more than he can handle sometimes...
yea, thats the origiDante. DmC already changed the story by adding in angels. neoDante has no connection with anybody, but i think in this game it will be more about rising up/leadership other than revenge and whatever else came after. Its supposed to be punk rock in essence, and i think they've made it quite clear that DmC has a deeper story than just revenge.
The OrigiDante has beaten the best of the best. The best that Hell has to offer, but neoDante might actually tell a tale about himself, leading to a more epic hero.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I'm more afraid that Tammem will take the 'Corrupt government, big brother's watching' angle. I fear obvious heavy handed political, social Satire coming from a man who really wants to make an artistic cinematic statement. In the style of punk rock, Dante is one man, raging against the machine...

ReRave

smug jerk
I'm more afraid that Tammem will take the 'Corrupt government, big brother's watching' angle. I fear obvious heavy handed political, social Satire coming from a man who really wants to make an artistic cinematic statement. In the style of punk rock, Dante is one man, raging against the machine...
Why is a classy setting fearsome?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
It's an overdone angle and if not played simple and subtle it comes off as a self-righteous psa and propaganda.
Thats true. But i think NT is mainly focusing on Dante, with the psycho aspect. I'm kinda wondering how much Dante will suffer in this game.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Thats true. But i think NT is mainly focusing on Dante, with the psycho aspect. I'm kinda wondering how much Dante will suffer in this game.

I'm hoping whatever they tried to do to him worked with Vergil and as Dante escaped to live a low key life on the run, Vergil has lived the high life with demonic high society waiting to meet his brother again and cross swords. When Vergil finally comes to his senses, he attempts to get revenge to mend his damaged pride as a son of Sparda but is enslaved (see what I did there) by Mundus and turned against his brother one last time.

(Ideas...I got a million of 'em.)

Chimera Khaos

yea, thats the origiDante. DmC already changed the story by adding in angels. neoDante has no connection with anybody, but i think in this game it will be more about rising up/leadership other than revenge and whatever else came after. Its supposed to be punk rock in essence, and i think they've made it quite clear that DmC has a deeper story than just revenge.
The OrigiDante has beaten the best of the best. The best that Hell has to offer, but neoDante might actually tell a tale about himself, leading to a more epic hero.

True, I know the new Dante is the younger one but I still can't help but think if he really has changed at all, but I'll just have to wait until it comes out, but thnks for the heads up anyway...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

I hope neo Dante is tortured from the young age of atleast 9 or 10, and has been going through so much pain and seen so much suffering, that he doesn't know right from wrong and goes his own way. I also hope that neoDante is a bit weak. Original Dante defeated the god of Demons, Mundus, as said here before, and has become the best of the best and over powering. There's really no edge to him anymore, like you expect him to win. DMC3 saved that factor by going back to Dante's younger times. DMC4, to me, took it to a whole new level and made him, pretty much, a Goku of DMC. Plus, what more could Capcom squeeze out of the old DMC anyway? I'm sure they can think of something.

Top Bottom