• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did anyone else have this happen?

EllDawn

My brother was playing DMC3, had gotten to the fight where Vergil helps Dante, and he tried to slow time. Vergil disappeared, he ended up fighting on his own for a while until Arkham picked up Dante and the screen went black.

Since I haven't played the game in a while, I'm going by what my brother said, that you don't have to be in demon form in order to use Dante's slow-time ability. So, I'm wondering, has this happened to anyone else? We both thought it was weird. He made sure to remind me that you can't use the devil trigger while Vergil is there, which makes it all the more odd.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
My brother was playing DMC3, had gotten to the fight where Vergil helps Dante, and he tried to slow time. Vergil disappeared, he ended up fighting on his own for a while until Arkham picked up Dante and the screen went black.

Since I haven't played the game in a while, I'm going by what my brother said, that you don't have to be in demon form in order to use Dante's slow-time ability. So, I'm wondering, has this happened to anyone else? We both thought it was weird. He made sure to remind me that you can't use the devil trigger while Vergil is there, which makes it all the more odd.
you can't use any of the styles in the second half of the fight against Arkham. Pressing the style button just makes Vergil teleport to Dante.

EllDawn

Did you actually see him using style moves during the second half of the fight or did he tell you about it later?

I wasn't watching him play, but he's brutally honest, so I know he was telling the truth. It might have been a glitch brought on by a cheat he used.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I wasn't watching him play, but he's brutally honest, so I know he was telling the truth. It might have been a glitch brought on by a cheat he used.
Maybe. It's hard to get a clear idea of what happened from a second hand description.

EllDawn

Maybe. It's hard to get a clear idea of what happened from a second hand description.

I asked him more about it, told him what should have happened. He told me that, instead of Vergil teleporting, he just disappeared from the screen. The fight continued until Dante was either picked up, or hit, and the screen went black with a thin line along the bottom and up one side. That's exactly how he described it. If there are any other questions you want me to ask him, I can.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I asked him more about it, told him what should have happened. He told me that, instead of Vergil teleporting, he just disappeared from the screen. The fight continued until Dante was either picked up, or hit, and the screen went black with a thin line along the bottom and up one side. That's exactly how he described it. If there are any other questions you want me to ask him, I can.
Definitely a glitch. I don't think I've ever heard of it happening to anyone else.

EllDawn

Definitely a glitch. I don't think I've ever heard of it happening to anyone else.

I know he was wondering about that. I've never even had it happen, and I played the game more than him. I'll have to find out what cheats he was using at the time.

Top Bottom