• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

devilmaycry 3 great come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyo

medicated insanity
considering dmc2 was a laughing stock i wounder how capcm felt seeing that one of the greatest tiitle's they made probly killed the whole serise's right there when the review's came in also i wounder how they came up with there amazing come back dmc3, also could they have plained this to get more gamer's attetion? puposely make a crappy game only to have a new one from the same serise come back an completely erase there past mistake? i want your input ppl!!

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Kind of extreme really, DMC2 was a let down but it wasn't an actually bad game. Devil May Cry 3 eradicated the mistakes of it's predecessor, the weapons once again had character, the heroine was not completely crap and Dante came back (even more so) to his cocky old self. I thought in DMC2 they tried hard to make it accessible. However, by taking a butcher knife to the difficulty level, they were essentially signing their own death warrant. That DMC2 was so flawed was an accident in my opinion. DMC3 took many a leaf out of the book of DMC1 and added a few innovations of it's own. Regrettably, with those innovations were enemies that took five seconds to conceive. DMC3, however, is a lot better than DMC2 but not in the same league as the original. That's my opinion.

Kyo

medicated insanity
devilmaycry 2 made the serise's look like it had died before it's time not only from the mistake's you brought up but the wepon's system was wack the camra angli sucked an the enime's were alittle wack an weird even for devilmaycry stander's,comm on man! a possced tank? i tought demon's could only possce liveing thing's. my view's on this game are clear. capcom almost ruined what was the beging of a great game serise's an should remmeber dmc2 when makeing other gamne's to remind them of there mistake's, but i can not help but wounder did they do it on purpose?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Not to mention that the auto-lock aiming system was a pain in the backside.

However it did have some redeeeming features, the goat enemies were impressive and the Trismagia battle holds it's own against a number of the bosses from the other games for a start. I also liked the post-apocalyptic feel of it. However that, in it's turn was detrimental to the combat as I found myself knocking enemies too far to 'style-up' my combos in quite a few situations.

Sparda™

Devil May Cry 3 is the best of the series so far, so yeah, Devil May Cry 2 was left in the dust and is still remaining there.

Kyo

medicated insanity
The Phantarch;117810 said:
Not to mention that the auto-lock aiming system was a pain in the backside.

However it did have some redeeeming features, the goat enemies were impressive and the Trismagia battle holds it's own against a number of the bosses from the other games for a start. I also liked the post-apocalyptic feel of it. However that, in it's turn was detrimental to the combat as I found myself knocking enemies too far to 'style-up' my combos in quite a few situations.
yeah the auto locking system was wack i couldn't help but wounder what capcom was thinking i had this pictrue in my head of the ppl playing card game's an smokeing cig's while drinking an the "retard's" of capcom toke over working on it i admit the demon's you fight are better then any seen by far do to the fact they have as you mentioned the goat demon...but dmc3 also had it's little kick they had grim reaper's now honestly when you play a game with demon's who do you wanna bring down even tho you haven't even toke the game from the wrapper? the grimm reaper XD.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Well, DMC1 had very grim reaper-esque demons too. Look at the sin and death demons. (Sin scissors, Sin Scythe, Death Scissors, Death Scythe). They take a little more strategy to defeat normally than the hell vanguards. The hell vanguards have more life but I found them ten times easier.

Kyo

medicated insanity
true, i have forgotten about those but they really just kinda lacked something i cant explain it.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Lacked? Like they lacked personality or something. I think that's mostly because of the far away camera, you couldn't really see them, well you could at one stage but that was it. I actually thought it better to have their masks as weak points because their clothing does look quite... ghostly. Also the cackle of the sin scissors was brilliant and the music was very sinister. :D

ManOfMayhem

From DMC2 I thought that the DMC series was gone to waste however DMC3 made up for that and is the best of the series IMO. DMC 2 was just a waste of DVD'S! And maybe there was another capcom team working on DMC2 perhaps not the team that worked on DMC, DMC3 and DMC4.

Kyo

medicated insanity
The Phantarch;117831 said:
Lacked? Like they lacked personality or something. I think that's mostly because of the far away camera, you couldn't really see them, well you could at one stage but that was it. I actually thought it better to have their masks as weak points because their clothing does look quite... ghostly. Also the cackle of the sin scissors was brilliant and the music was very sinister. :D
i agree maybe that was what it was altho i'll admit dmc2 did have some good point's personaly i liked his suite an the sword's.

vergistar;117837 said:
From DMC2 I thought that the DMC series was gone to waste however DMC3 made up for that and is the best of the series IMO. DMC 2 was just a waste of DVD'S! And maybe there was another capcom team working on DMC2 perhaps not the team that worked on DMC, DMC3 and DMC4.
wasn't there something on a website that said there was a diffrent team? or is it the thing in one of the game inforumer's explaining the maker of dmc1 was returning for 4? i can't honestly remmeber.

ManOfMayhem

Well I have heard that a different team was assigned to create DMC 2 I dont know where though I will try to look for the website.

Kyo

medicated insanity
considering how bad the review's of the game was im acttualy woundering what capcom was thinking but when they released dmc3 they redemind them self's the game in forum tottaly murderd them about dmc2 when they introduced dmc4.

Kyo

medicated insanity
yeah!! other wise will hunt you down an skin you alive! XD

back on topic, alright we put in our view's on it now it's time to put in our view's on what WE think capcom was thinking when they realized they had a bad egg.

Kyo

medicated insanity
lol that's a good one or!

shizznt!! they found out our plain to make crappy game's...tell the leader desighner we have to work on a new better dmc other wise the'll hunt us down! XD

harrycombs

When talking about the development teams, I heard that the DMC2 team made DMC3. I don't remember where I read that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom