• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry "What If" Ideas.

windleopard

What are some "What If" ideas you'd be interested in for a DMC story? The obvious ones are "what if Dante and Vergil switched roles?" but I have a few other ideas:
  • What if Nero was raised by Vergil?
  • What if Nero was raised by Dante?
  • What if Dante and Vergil were never separated?
  • What if Dante never returned from the demon world in DMC 2 but stayed and took over to keep demons from attacking humans?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
What if Eva didn't die and Sparda stayed with his family?
What if Dante killed Vergil at the end of 5?
What if Dante failed to stop Mundus at the end of 1?
What if Dante was raised by Matier and Vergil raised by Sanctus?
What if Dante and Vergil joined forces at the end of DmC?

Last edited:

Meg

What if DMC2 was good? Jk jk

What if Dante never got into the demon hunting business but instead did something else?
What if Vergil was never corrupted by Mundus?
What if Nero was raised by his mother?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
What if sparda became the demon emperor/king
What if nero was dante's son
What if vergil was good
What if lady had priestess powers
What if mundus was dante and vergil's father
What if the military turned on dante
What if lady was dante and vergil's sister
What if beryl was nero's mother

Meg

What if sparda became the demon emperor/king
What if nero was dante's son
What if vergil was good
What if lady had priestess powers
What if mundus was dante and vergil's father
What if the military turned on dante
What if lady was dante and vergil's sister
What if beryl was nero's mother
Dante being hunted by the military/police would be so cool. Maybe some other demon frames Dante? So now he’s on the run while also hunting down who is really responsible for the attacks?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Dante being hunted by the military/police would be so cool. Maybe some other demon frames Dante? So now he’s on the run while also hunting down who is really responsible for the attacks?
I want that as a canon story.

@ef9dante_oSsshea

Nero's mom is a blank slate so she could be Beryl.

If they decide to do something with Sparda, him usurping the underworld throne could be fun.

Some of your ideas should be in canon.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
What if eva never died, and was instead in hiding until dante sealed away mundus

What if patty was secretly dante's daughter

What if sparda had a twin who is still alive somewhere

What if lady was part demon

What if trish died in dmc1, or stopped existing when mundus was defeated

What if dante and vergil never got split up, and always got along

What if matier was lady's grandmother

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
What if eva never died, and was instead in hiding until dante sealed away mundus

What if patty was secretly dante's daughter

What if sparda had a twin who is still alive somewhere

What if lady was part demon

What if trish died in dmc1, or stopped existing when mundus was defeated

What if dante and vergil never got split up, and always got along

What if matier was lady's grandmother
Having Lady be a member of the Vie di marli covers the part demon angle and ties to Matier. I think you could do a prequel to 3 where Arkham is working Arius and Lady has to go against him. She might chooses firearms over the daggers.

I thought Sparda having a twin was what the reboot was doing with Mundus. And I've seen fan attempts at giving Sparda a family. Twins run in my family so having Twins be a Sparda family trend is fun.

I don't think Patty's dad is that developed in the anime so that might streamline the plot. We'd probably Dante searching for Patty's mom so it's a possible road trip.

The last two ideas are stuff I wanna see the upcoming animated series do.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I have an interesting one, what if vergil never existed and dante was the only son of sparda and had access to both rebellion and yamato, the amulet only needed dante's blood to work in teminigru

And dante unlocked his devil trigger by being impaled by rebellion against a demon boss , with the final fight being him against arkham with sparda power and lady helps him instead of vergil.

Then he stays in human world, no fight with mundus and nelo angelo still exists but isn't vergil but in fact a son of mundus

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
What If Dante from DmC and OG Dante DMC 5 meet to fight multiversal threat? That's sounds kinda cool tho, like bayonetta 3.
That should be a canonical game- DMC 6 into the spardaverse. ;)
Or what if Vergil win Fight against Mundus, After Vergil Fight Dante. Or What If Vergil won against Dante in Story of DMC 3.

I have an interesting one, what if vergil never existed and dante was the only son of sparda and had access to both rebellion and yamato, the amulet only needed dante's blood to work in teminigru

And dante unlocked his devil trigger by being impaled by rebellion against a demon boss , with the final fight being him against arkham with sparda power and lady helps him instead of vergil.

Then he stays in human world, no fight with mundus and nelo angelo still exists but isn't vergil but in fact a son of mundus
"What if Vergil won?" and "What if Dante was an only child?" are good pitches.

Last edited:
Top Bottom