• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Series Gets A Heavy Metal Soundtrack Arrangement

Dante Deve Morire

Trapped in Limbo
dmc_hrhm_150527.jpg

Capcom announced that they’re working on a new soundtrack collection for the Devil May Cry series, as “Devil May Cry HR/HM Arrange,” an upcoming album featuring songs from Devil May Cry to Devil May Cry 4 in hard rock and heavy metal fashion. [Thanks, Game Jouhou.]

The soundtrack will feature 12 songs from composers who’ve worked on the first four games of the series, with Masato Koda, Tetsuya Shibata, Kota Suzuki, Kento Hasegawa, and Akihiko Narita. Tetsuya Shibata is the director of the entire arrangement.

The Devil May Cry HR/HM Arrange album will release on August 19, 2015 for 3,0000 yen plus tax.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/27/devil-may-cry-series-gets-a-heavy-metal-soundtrack-arrangement/

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
As someone who listens to mostly metal and really enjoyed DMC's soundtrack, I'm pretty excited! Curious which songs will they choose.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Sounds interesting. But I hope they don't butcher Lock n Load into a metal song. That was awesome the way it was.

and I hope when they say "heavy metal" they don't mean that prepackaged anime kind of heavy metal that you'd hear in an anime opening, because if so, then...eughh...

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
So stoked. I want to see my favorite song from the series redone with true metal instrumentals.

It will be glorious.
Sounds interesting. But I hope they don't butcher Lock n Load into a metal song. That was awesome the way it was.
My favorite version of "Lock n' Load" was the one from Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

MvC3
also has my favorite remixes for One More Game and Devils Never Cry. Really fantastic job done by the composer, Hideyuki Fukasawa.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
A100055091010.jpg

『デビル メイ クライ』
Red-Hot Juice (ファントム登場~戦闘)
The Theme Of Eva (エヴァのテーマ)
Lock & Load (ブレイド登場~汎用戦闘 2)
『デビル メイ クライ 2』
Shoot The Works (ダンテ戦闘 2)
Cursed GIANT (オラングエラ/タルタルシアン戦)
Heads Or Tails (スタッフロール)
『デビル メイ クライ 3』
Cerberus's Combat (ケルベロス戦闘)
Vergil’s Combat 1 (バージル戦闘 1)
Devils Never Cry (スタッフロール)
『デビル メイ クライ 4』
Sworn Through Swords (ベリアル戦闘)
Forza Del Destino (ダンテ戦闘 2)
Shall Never Surrender (スタッフロール)
http://www.e-capcom.com/ec/srDispPr...ctLink/1/1/A10005509/10/10/srDispProductList/

Edit:
If you don't know what 『デビル メイ クライ』 means it's katakana for Devil May Cry.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I honestly don't like any of these, but I guess my ears are so use to the originals that it might take me a while to get use to these. :cautious:

EDIT: Never Surrender sounds so much better then the original :D

EDIT AGAIN: Okay it started to suck again after the rock intro :meh:

berto

I Saw the Devil
You're not alone. I am not really digging any of the new arrangements but may it is because I'm so used to the originals. I'm going to give them a chance and listen to them a few times to see if they grow on me but who know, maybe they're not my cup o' tea.

I got to be honest, I don't know if we're allowed to have those videos here. Usually it's no big deal since the soundtracks are all old content so no one's going to complain but since it's new it might be one of those things where someone might complain on the basis of how it could hinders sales. I'll ask so for now I have no reason to remove them if not need be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom