• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Investigations

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Some things have always been. Some things should never be. Once, the Angels and Demons waged a bloody, eternal war. But, The Angel Leader, Michael, made a deal for peace with Abaddon, Lord High Emperor of the Demons. The Angels would stay in Heaven and Purgatory, the demon would stay in Hell and Limbo. Peace reigned for two millennia. But then, Michael vanished, and his ruthless brother, Emmanuel was placed in charge. At his right hand was Eva, daughter of the Archangel, Azrael.

On the demons side, 4 Arch Demons, calling themselves the Kings of Hell, sealed Abaddon and took over. But one betrayed the others, and took over the demon world with the help of his nearly unbeatable champion, Sparda. His name was Mundus.

Mundus and Emmanuel shattered the peace between the two races, and the war reignited.

Eva flew through the air, slicing through stygian warriors with ease. Her gleaming scythe, modeled after her father's, gleamed in the sun. Suddenly, a blaze of flames knocked her out of the sky. Twisting her body, she landed on her feet, wings spread. Before her stood a demon in dark red and black armor, his folded wings creating a vague imitation of a black cape. He stood helmetless, revealing jet black skin, hair white as snow, and red eyes. Ironically, he looked more handsome than terrifying. He rested on a sword, modeled after a demonic fang, black with a silver cutting edge and a bright red eye in the center. Sparda.

The two silently gripped their weapons and entered a ready stance.

TerrorA

"Kiya!" Eva swung her scythe down, aiming for Sparda's unprotected neck. With a speed that didn't match his size, the demon blocked the strike and counterattacked, the blade's tip aiming for Eva's heart. A quick Angel dodge, and Eva was behind the larger man, already launching a series of lightning quick strikes that sent Sparda on the defensive. Her scythe spun so fast, it was but a blue and white blur. Scratches appeared in the heavy armor, but Sparda was undeterred. Picking his time, he sent a upward slash to intercept her rapidly descending scythe. The two blades caught each other and Sparda's superior strength forced Eva to her knees. Her arms strained, trying to keep Sparda's blade from her neck. Pushing herself away with a kick, Eva transformed the scythe into a pair of twin dao, Chinese broadswords known for their speed and grace. The angel rushed back into the fight, redoubling her efforts to win. The blades moved in a blur, for each strike Sparda blocked, another would hit. Not to be outdone, Sparda simply doubled his own blows powers, sending Eva flying away whenever she showed an opening. Neither warrior gave an inch.

Sparda could feel his strength waning, bleeding out from a thousand tiny cuts. He'd never been this hard pressed against an opponent, angel or demon. It's exhilarating! The demon knight thought, dodging a dual slash and thrusting his sword forward as fast as he could, managing to catch one of her arms with the point of his sword, Force Edge. But time to end this!

Eva thought much the same. This ends now!

The demon and the angel powered up their weapons with holy and hellish energy.

"Million Stabs." Sparda whispered to his blade, before unleashing the energy as a barrage of stabs.

"Million Slash!" Eva roared, and her dao glowed bright blue as she unleashed a torrent of slashes.

The attacks clashed again and again, neither attack getting an opening. The building they fought on exploded from the energies being released, leaving the two floating in midair, wings spread. When neither could lift their sword for an attack, the clashing of metal on metal stopped. Then, something unexpected happened. Sparda laughed!

"Hahaha! That was the most fun I've had in centuries!" he proclaimed.

TerrorA

"Fun? You call this fun?" Eva roared.

"Yes! And why wouldn't it be? I have a sunny day, a good sword, and a beautiful woman who can give me a run for my money!"

Eva blushed. No! Stop that! He's a demon! The enemy! She silently told herself.

Sparda grinned cheekily. "You want a rematch?"

Eva gave the demon a glare that could freeze fire. "I'll take you on anytime!"

1 Year later

"This time, We end it, Sparda! " Eva snarled.

"Why are you so angry all the time?" Sparda asked.

"Because I hate you!"

Sparda sighed. "Women as pretty as you should smile more."

"I'll smile when you're dead!" Eva threatened, although her face, as usual when Sparda complimented her, was bright red.

Sparda smiled his usual pre-battle cheeky grin. "Tell you what. If you win, You can kill me. But if I win, We go get something to eat. I know this great little diner in the human world."

Eva just gripped her scythe harder. "Deal!"

The demon and angel charged each other.

TerrorA

Eva slashed at Sparda's legs, trying to cut out his support. The demon leaped over the scythe, rising high into the air even without the support of his wings. Hitting the Apex of his ascent, Sparda put all of his weight behind his blade as the thrust it down. A split second before he hit, Eva disappeared. She reappeared behind him, spinning the scythe end over end, creating a deadly vortex. The blade flashed wickedly, and Sparda had no way to dodge. Instead, he blocked it all, absorbing the energy of the attacks. As Eva slashed her scythe down, Sparda released the built up energy. The massive charge defeated the scythe, wrenching it away from its master. Undaunted, Eva attacked with her bare hands, launching lightning fast punches and kicks infused with angelic energy. The relentless barrage wore down Sparda's defense, little by little. But he still pressed on. Without her weapon, Eva's attacks had lost a lot of reach and power. He moved in, dematerialized his sword , and landed a vicious blow to Eva's midsection. The Angel was sent skidding along the ground, only recovering after she was at least 50 feet away.

"You can't do this forever." Sparda walked toward her, the ground cracking under his heavy boots.

"No, just needed another second." Eva smiled wickedly and stretched her hand. The sound of metal giving way, a flash of burning pain, and Sparda stumbled. Eva's scythe, gleaming with purplish black gore, was in her hand again.

"Goodbye, Sparda!" Eva declared. Sliding her left foot forward and gripping the stance with her hands an even foot apart, she began charging all of her energy into the scythe, making it glow blue.

Sparda rose and entered a stance of his own, holding the massive blade at eye level, the point toward Eva, the "eye" in the blade 6 inches to the right of his own.

Eva blazed forward in a streak of blue lightning, and Sparda counterattacked in a blur of red and black. The two forces met, there was the sound of blade meeting flesh, and then they were separate again.

Backs to each other, the two dematerialized their weapons. Sparda's arm oozed black.

"Looks like I wi-" Eva's side leaked golden ichor and the pain suddenly hit her. Her vision swam and she began to fall. Right before she hit the ground, something stopped her. The angel opened her eyes...to see Sparda's.

"Sorry about that." The demon helped her to her feet. "But, a deal is a deal. Let's go get that meal."

TerrorA

Eva realized to her horror, she was enjoying herself! The food was good, the music nice. It was a small tavern somewhere in the center of 1680's England, and Eva and Sparda both dressed the part, their human forms perfect. Eva's wings were gone, and her eyes were a more human shade of blue. Sparda's hair was black, his eyes brown, and his skin a human tone. He already had her laughing.

"....So then I frown at the guy and say 'Ooh, you're going to hate Fridays.'"

Eva giggled. "So, what is Hell really like?"

Sparda sighed, his levity forgotten.

"It's a realm of shadows and flames, where my kind slaughter and betray each other for fun. A land where hedonism, sadism, and cruelty rule. And above it all, through the gate that only the army can pass through is that damned phrase. "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

There was an awkward pause, then Eva opened her mouth again.

"Wait, that's actually there? I thought Dante Alighieri made that up."

"Wait, you read Dante's Inferno?"

"And Purgatorio and Paradiso."

Me, too! The human really did his research!" Sparda laughed, then looked out the window. "It's getting late. Come on, We got to go."

They walked out of the tavern.

"Sparda?" Eva's voice sounded strange.

"Hmm?"

"Let's do this again."

TerrorA

And so it went on, for years. The two would fight, then go have fun. Meals, plays, anything to spend time in the human world. Eventually, the fight seemed redundant, so they stopped. The two grew closer as they spent more time together. Hate turned to friendship, then to love. But their worlds kept them apart until...

September 25, 1987: New York

The two walked out of the theater, laughing.

"That was amazing!" Eva laughed.

"Yes, it was....inconceivably good." Sparda couldn't resist.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Eva laughed again. "I wish we could do this every day!"

"Why don't we?" Sparda questioned.

"What? Abandon Heaven and Hell? Live here? Turn our backs on the war?" Eva cocked her head to the side. "Can we really do that?"

Sparda looked down at his love. "And why not? The war is stupid anyway. Do you know why we fight?"

Eva thought for a moment. "No." She admitted.

"Neither do I! What's the point? And look!" Sparda pointed at the sky. Unseen to the humans, purplish cracks spread through the sky.

"If our war continues, the human world will be destroyed as well."

Eva looked at it. "We have to stop this."

Sparda nodded. "If we seal the Portals from our ends, we can stop the war. So what do you say, Eva?"

Eva thought for a moment. "An eternal war, or living in the human world with you?" She gave Sparda a kiss. "No contest."

"Here, 8:00?"

"Here, 8:eek:o."

The two vanished back to their individual planes for the last time.

Last edited:

TerrorA

Eva bowed before her father, the archangel Azrael.

"I'm leaving, father." the female angel told her father. "I won't be coming back."

Azrael nodded. "Be safe, my only daughter."

Eva rose, and father and daughter shared one last hug. Then, she spread her wings and flew.

Emmanuel suddenly appeared in front of her. "You're not going anywhere." A horde of Seraphs flew up behind him.

Eva smiled wickedly, then slugged Emmanuel in the face. The blow sent him spiraling to the back of the Army.

Eva threw herself into the horde.
....................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sparda threw himself into the horde of demons, slashing and stabbing. The demons fell back against the onslaught. Sparda easily reached the Gate.

Mundus nursed his broken jaw as Sparda reached the gate.

"Why?" Mundus asked.

"Sorry Mundus." Sparda shrugged. "Don't look for me." With that he jumped through the portal. It collapsed in upon itself.
....................................................................................................................................................................................................

"Don't look for me." Eva warned. Then she jumped through the portal. And it collapsed in upon itself.

Emmanuel growled. His mouth bled from the blow.

"I will find you, traitor. I will make you pay." He muttered.
...................................................................................................................................................................................................

"I will make you pay, Sparda!" Mundus roared. "No matter what!"
...................................................................................................................................................................................................
Sparda and Eva appeared in their meeting place.

"It's done?" The Demon Knight asked.

"Yeah." The Angel replied.

Hand in hand, the two walked toward their future.

TerrorA

Ten years later

"Happy Birthday, Dante and Vergil." Eva announced handing her boys their presents.

Dante and Vergil, their miracle children. Half Angel, Half Demon.. Half Fallen they were called. Twins, eight years old today.

"Whatisitwhatisitwhatisit?" Dante grabbed his present, clutching it to his chest. He wore a red hoodie and blue jeans. His eyes were the same shade of blue as his parents human guises. His hair, on the other hand, had a unique quality. From root to about halfway up, it was pure white, before switching to jet black. Only one other person in the world had this yin-yang hair.

Vergil, the elder twin by two minutes, received his gift. He slowly unwrapped it as Dante tore the wrapping paper to shreds.

Two beautiful practice swords gleamed in the light. This was easily the best give ever, even better than the medallions they got last year.

"Hah, a sword!" Dante waved his around.

"Not just any sword." Sparda explained. "They're magic. They'll grow with you, and choose a shape that fits you the most. Just put a little energy into it."

"Hm..." Vergil finally spoke. "Like this, father?" Remembering his lessons on how to control his powers, Vergil focused. A spark, blue with a red outline, ran from his hand to the sword. The blade glowed, then transformed. It shifted into a child-sized katana, perfect for Vergil's hand. He gave it a spin, flourishing the blade.

"Cool, watch this!" Dante focused. A red spark with a blue outline raced down the blade. In a flash it transformed. A Child sized long sword appeared in its place. "Hey Verge, let's spar!"

Vergil nodded. "Come on, then."

The proud parents watched as their children fought.

"You realize they'll probably trash the house, right?" Eva Whispered.

"Yes but-AAAH!" Sparda's sentence was cut off by a flash of pain. A pain he hadn't felt before. As if a drill was slowly being inserted into his mind. And then the pain stopped, and a voice, so cold it burned, spoke into his mind.

Hello, Sparda.

"Mundus!" How? I destroyed the only Gate!?

Did you really think I wouldn't find a way to be free? Prepare, Sparda. Vengeance is coming.

Last edited:

TerrorA

The Demon Knight led his wife out of the room.

"Mundus is coming. "

"What!? "

"We have maybe ten minutes."

"TEN MINUTES!!!?"

"Yeah. Take the boys and-"

An bang echoed throughout the mansion.

"****."

"Ten minutes, huh?" Eva snapped.

"Minutes, seconds, I was never good at guessing." Sparda replied.

"Dante! Vergil!" The two boys ran to their mother's cry.

"Remember what we taught you about staying hidden?"

Vergil nodded. "Go to the safe room, close the door, don't make a peep."

Dante on the other hand, shook his head. "We wanna fight to."

Eva bent down to Dante. "Dante, listen. Follow Vergil. Stay hidden. And whatever you hear, do not come out."

The banging intensified.

Vergil dragged his brother to the hidden door. As it swung shut, the parents had one last look at their children.

"Eva, why didn't you go with them?"

"Mundus knows about me. He'd hunt me down, no matter what. He doesn't know about Dante and Vergil. I fight here beside you, and Mundus thinks he got the whole family. The boys can escape."

"So, we die heroically sacrificing ourselves, so the boys live?" Sparda flashed his trademark smile. "Good trade."

The heavy door finally broke, the sealing wards shattered, and the army of Mundus surged forward.

Sparda and Eva summoned their weapons, his axe and her scythe.

"The Dark Knight and the Avenging Angel's last stand." Sparda's face transformed as the two were dragged into Limbo, his demon form revealed. His smiled, revealing all of his fangs in a gruesome imitation of a grin

"Let's make it a tale for the ages." Eva's eyes grew cold, focused. The two charged the army, side by side.

Last edited:

TerrorA

Detective Lorenzo "Enzo" Burecardi drove up to the house. The other police were already there, investigating. The fat cop walked up to an officer.

"What do we got?" He asked the younger man.

"Looks like a gang invasion gone wrong. Eva and Dio Sparda, the parents, somehow managed to **** off and kill 5 of the top gangs in the state. Hundreds of dead bodies in there. The parents were found just surrounded by dead bodies. Two survivors. Twins, Dante and Vergil Sparda. They're over there."

The two twins sat on the porch swing, each dealing with the situation in their own way. Dante curled up in the fetal position, tears flowing freely, whereas Vergil stared numbly into space.

"Vergil, the one in blue, seems to be in shock. Only thing he does is grip that sword and stare. Dante, the one in red, been crying since the bodies were brought out. Poor kids. And on their birthday, too. "

Enzo sighed. Kids. He couldn't deal with kids. "Ok. Let's get them out of here." As the younger officer led the two away, Enzo saw something. For just a second, the twins eyes glowed, red inside of blue, ice inside of fire.

Shaking his head, the detective shouted out, " I want ****ing answers! Who are all these people? Who belongs to what gang? Why did they want this family dead?"
................................................................................................................................................................................................

Dante was trapped. Three weeks had passed since his parents murder. He and Vergil had been sent to different orphanages. And here, the kids wouldn't leave him alone. Even now, four older boys bore down on him. They crowded around the cornered boy.

"Give me the necklace, kid." The biggest boy said.

Dante's eyes widened in fear, then something in him snapped. "Come get it." He growled.

The boy went to punch Dante, but he wasn't there anymore. Dante had jumped over the boys' heads! A spinning kick nailed one in the head. A punch in the stomach KO'd the second. The third was swept aside by a backfist, leaving only Dante and the biggest boy.

"You stil want my medallion, Davey?" Dante cocked his head to the side. Bringing out his hand, palm toward the cieling, he performed the "Come on." Gesture.

Davey wisely chose to leave, leaving Dante alone when Miss Gavel came around.

Last edited:

TerrorA

The fiendish headmistress had Dante locked in ''The illumination room". Though the name sounded pleasant, it was a hellish room. A series of search lights adorned one wall, shining constantly into the young DarkWing's eyes. Dante screamed in pain and attempted to shield his eyes. The heat from the lamps turned the small room into an inferno, and the lights burned into his retinas, even shut tight. He cried in pain. After 1 hellish hour, he was let out. His skin was flushed from the heat, and he had tied his T-shirt around his eyes to block the searing light.

"Have you learned your lesson?" the headmistress cooed, a vile parody of a old woman's concerned voice. The young Half-Fallen tried his best to give her a death glare, but he couldn't stop blinking, his eyes watering up in an attempt to re-moisturize themselves.

"Are you crying?" The woman purred. "This is the fourth time you've been enlightened. You should be used to it by now."

Once again, the room turned a red color as Dante's rage grew. The windows all exploded outward. His eyes changed, blue inside of red. The world seemed to warp. The stairs broke apart and reassembled themselves like an insane M. C. Escher painting. Ms. Gavel sprouted wings, horrible spiked metal wings. Her face contorted into a grimace, skin turning a dark grey.

Dante's skin started to crack, glowing veins revealing something.....deeper within. But, before the transformation could truly begin, the strain of the power was too much for the boy's body.He fainted.

TerrorA

The car stopped in front of the group home. A man got out. At his sides, twin LAR Grizzly Win Mag handguns weighed down his long trenchcoat. A white button down shirt was half tucked into his black pants, ending in a pair of black sneakers. The man looked at his notes. The boy's name is Dante. Get him out. Kill anyone who tries to stop you. A.Z. Real.

The man sighed. A job was a job, no matter how weird it, or the client, was. he walked up to the door.

"Name?" The receptionist asked, not even looking up from her magazine.

"Anthony Scott Redgrave, Private Eye."

That got the woman's attention. She looked up, only to find one of those massive handguns in her face. Her eyes glowed yellow.

"Ah, a demon. Now I don't feel so bad." Anthony pulled the trigger.

TerrorA

BANGBANGBANG!

As Anthony went about his work, demons ran before him, trying their damnedest to escape. They failed, their lives ending with the sound of gunfire.

Anthony slaughtered his way to where the children's sleeping quarters were.

The other children ran, but the Dark Wing glared at Anthony, readying the practice sword he had stolen back in the chaos.

"You must be Dante Sparda." Anthony was calm, even though he knew the boy had the potential to kill.....well, everything
"Who are you?" Dante asked.

"Anthony. I'm here to get you out of this hell pit."

TerrorA

Anthony shot through a nurse, spinning on his heel to fire his secondary gun in the opposite direction, putting a bullet between the Security Guard's eyes. Leaping onto the desk, Anthony spun and fired in a circle, killing the remaining security. There was only one person left, blocking the way between the two and freedom.

Miss Gavel. She shifted into her demon form, sprouting spiked metal wings, long talons, and a mouth full of fangs. Her skin turned grey and she flew at Anthony, slamming him into the wall. Anthony shoved his gun into her temple and pulled the trigger. There was nothing but an empty click. Crap.

The demon sank its teeth into his shoulder, and the PI screamed. Dante held his sword, nervous.

"Kid! Kill her!" Anthony shouted.

"Ki-kill?" Dante gripped the sword.

"Right through her heart! Stab her with your sword!"

Dante flashed back to all the torture he went through. His sword turned from his dull practice sword into a true blade.

With a roar, Dante leaped forward, stabbing into the demon. His power coursed through the blade as it pierced her core.

Gavel screamed, a loud echoing cry. Her death cry shattered the windows of the building before finally fading with her life force. Dante landed on his feet, the point of his sword stabbing into the ground.

"Not bad, kid. Not bad at all." Anthony holstered his guns and held his wounded shoulder.

TerrorA

The boy and the man stepped out of the car. The meeting place of Mr. A.Z. Real was, for some odd reason, a mortuary. Dante reached to his back, grabbing the hilt of his sword. This place felt off to him.

They entered the back office. And there he was. Mr. A.Z. Real. He was huge, at least 6'6! His skin seemed to be paler than a skeleton's bones, But he was neither thin nor fat. He rose before the two.

"Hello, Dante." The man said. "You don't know me, but I'm....a friend of your mother's. I'm going to help you, son." The man drew to his full height.

"Mr. Redgrave, how good of a Supernatural detective would you say you are?"

"I'd say I'm the best around."

"And your gunplay skills?"

"Best there is."

"Good. You're hired."

"Grea-wait, what?" Anthony Redgrave blinked in surprise.

"You now have a live in apprentice, like the knights of old. You will train him in the use of firearms, demon detection, and any occult magics you feel he will need." The Old man turned around to walk to his desk, but Anthony was having none of that. He grabbed Real's arm, intending to spin him back around. "Listen, Old man-" The rest of the sentence never came. He saw it. In his minds eye, he saw the death of the firstborn of Egypt, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorra, the Great Flood, countless disasters.

"A. Z. Real......AZ Real. Azrael." the pieces came together.

"You'll receive compensation of course." Azrael continued. Take good care of Dante." He didn't add Or Else, but Anthony Redgrave heard it anyway.

Top Bottom