• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry HD Collection Confirmed for 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonDream

Lin Kuei (Forest Demon)
Premium
Following previous rumors that a bundle of the first three Devil May Cry games would be released this year to celebrate the series' 10-year anniversary, Capcom has announced it plans to bring out a remastered collection of all three next year.
ESRB listings for the trio were updated not long ago with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 being added as platforms, so we knew they would be coming in one form or another. Today's press release notes that they will be upgraded to feature HD graphics, bonus content of some kind, and Achievements/Trophies.
Capcom recently released HD versions of two Resident Evil games -- Code Veronica X and 4 -- albeit in a different form. Whereas the Devil May Cry bundle is headed to retail, both Resident Evil games were sold individually through the Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Store for $20 a piece.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
From Capcom Europe: (hope you don't mind me posting this too.)
http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/2011/10/devil-may-cry-hd-collection-announcement/

AND IT HAS DMC3 SE!!!! LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! *Bounces around*

DevilMayCryHDCollectionannouncement!

DMCHDC_TM_LOGO_VIS5_V1.jpg

Devil May Cry HD Collection brings the first three original Devil May Cry titles; Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, and Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening Special Edition together in one high definition package for the first time.
Featuring Dante, one of the most iconic video game characters of the last decade, Devil May Cry HD Collection will be full of the award-winning gameplay and style that the series has become known for with the addition of stunning HD graphics, bonus content and support for Trophies and Achievements.
Debuting in 2001, Devil May Cry immediately redefined the action genre. The title captured gamers’ hearts through its stylish, over-the-top action and bad boy anti-hero Dante. Son to a human mother and a devil father named Sparda, the half-demon Dante uses his innate abilities and the powers of ancient demons to fight a one-man war against the forces of darkness and save humanity from damnation. Check out the comparison between the original and the new HD version:
2-DMC1_Original_Phantom.jpg

2-DMC_HD_Phantom.jpg

Devil May Cry 2 released in 2003 and centres on Dante and his new devilishly agile partner Lucia in their fight to defeat a man hell-bent on achieving supreme power.
1-DMCC_HD_Dante_bike.jpg

Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening Special Edition is the definitive edition of Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening, featuring a number of enhancements, including the opportunity to play as Dante’s twin brother, Vergil, as well as the addition of Bloody Palace Mode and Turbo Mode.
19-DMCC_HD_combat.jpg

Devil May Cry HD Collection will be launching (and then kept in the air with a variety of attacks and bullets) early next year on PS3 and Xbox 360!

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
Aw, I got this on my lil gaming app on my phone and came here to tell all. Too late..
Ah, can't wait. I was going to buy DMC3:SE too, guess I'll just wait for this now!

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Aw, I got this on my lil gaming app on my phone and came here to tell all. Too late..
Ah, can't wait. I was going to buy DMC3:SE too, guess I'll just wait for this now!
i know i was literally thinking about buying a ps2 the other just so i could play the devil may cry games, but then this come out! :D

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
I got all the DMC games for the PS2 except for DMC3:SE. It REALLY bugs me when you get a game on its release date then a few months down the line a special edition comes out. Curse you! I’m not gonna buy the same game twice so there! They could have just released them both the same time and charge more for the SE >_> *huff*
But the HD versions… and my PS2 is 9 years old now so it could conk out anytime soon. It lasted longer than my Xbox 360 at least XD

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
i love how this collection is HD... and I don't have a HD tv :D
screw it, i'll just have to get a magnifying glass

Speaking of PS2, mine is 10+ (its one of the brick ones a think and its still working... and I've even dropped it on my foot). Shame my 2nd ps2 isn't as good (that's a slimline).

If it's dmc, i'll buy it.

EDIT: Phantom in HD is creeping me out

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I got all the DMC games for the PS2 except for DMC3:SE. It REALLY bugs me when you get a game on its release date then a few months down the line a special edition comes out. Curse you! I’m not gonna buy the same game twice so there! They could have just released them both the same time and charge more for the SE >_> *huff*
But the HD versions… and my PS2 is 9 years old now so it could conk out anytime soon. It lasted longer than my Xbox 360 at least XD
i hate that too!
i love how this collection is HD... and I don't have a HD tv :D
screw it, i'll just have to get a magnifying glass

Speaking of PS2, mine is 10+ (its one of the brick ones a think and its still working... and I've even dropped it on my foot). Shame my 2nd ps2 isn't as good (that's a slimline).

If it's dmc, i'll buy it.

EDIT: Phantom in HD is creeping me out
and yeah the fat ps2s are power houses, im pretty sure you could shoot one and it would still work, and yeah now i have a reason to get an hdtv!

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
I’m still using the brick PS2 too. I do have a brand new slim line tucked away, it’s soooo cute but it does seem really flimsy.
Aw, I miss the phantom. I love his voice.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I’m still using the brick PS2 too. I do have a brand new slim line tucked away, it’s soooo cute but it does seem really flimsy.
Aw, I miss the phantom. I love his voice.

His voice was amazing! it made him my fav boss :D

I can't wait to see the other bosses. I wonder what the bonus content will be? will DMC1 have Bloody Palace? imagine if they had style switching in 3, AHHHHH! I can't take it, excuse me while I explode from excitement.

*BOOM*

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i was wondering the same thing after i read it, i was like "wait bonus content! more bonus content! OMG MORE BONUS CONTENT! :D" perhaps they will have bloody palace for one, and if there is style switching in three, dear god the possibilities :)

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
His voice was amazing! it made him my fav boss :D

I can't wait to see the other bosses. I wonder what the bonus content will be? will DMC1 have Bloody Palace? imagine if they had style switching in 3, AHHHHH! I can't take it, excuse me while I explode from excitement.

*BOOM*

Oh noes! You'll need to be whole to play it!
*scrambles to put SpawnShooter back together*

Ha, yeah he's awesome. My friend has had DMC for years and she still hasn't passed Mission 4 because of him.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
i was wondering the same thing after i read it, i was like "wait bonus content! more bonus content! OMG MORE BONUS CONTENT! :D" perhaps they will have bloody palace for one, and if there is style switching in three, dear god the possibilities :)

Style switching in 3 would be awesome, but I don't think they'll include it. It would mess up the ranking system too much as well as the games difficulty. But here's hoping!

At the very least I hope DMC1 has a mission select mode.

EDIT: Thanks Autumn, that was a close one!:oops:

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
^ poor thing :( i was like that when i first got dmc3 i got stuck on cerberus for the longest. (probably because i was young and sucked, and to add to that it was my first time playing a dmc game lol)

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
i hated nevan... on the first go...
Cr*p if the bonus content is DLC... Then Capcom have just made themselves an enemy....

Kammosjuttu

Whoo, boy. Even though I own all the PS2 DMCs, this collection is begging me to buy it. I can't resist! xD
Besides the fact there's enhancements, possible bonus contents make one's heart beat out of joy. And especially the fact, that after having DMCs on PS3, I don' thave to fear the day when my PS2 resignes from its long service (though at the moment it seems it's not going to blow up in the near future) is great. ;D I'll be waiting for this~

Kammosjuttu

please capcom, you don't need dlc, especially for an HD collection, just put every bonus item in the game for the player to unlock

This! Totally.
I prefer it that everything is put inside the game; I haven't connected my PS3 to the net, and sometimes it's driving me crazy that some fun stuff can't be experienced without it.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm already going to get it, the only thing that they need to put in to seal the deal would be a BP in DMC1. And for GOD'S SAKES don't make it timed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom