• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry: Darkness Falls

Dragon King

King Of Dragons
Tell me what you think of the intro to my own DMC story.

It was late in the night as thunder clapped outside the window of the Devil May Cry shop. It had been raining for 3 days straight and still won't let up an inch. The clock donged at the stroke of midnight and an all too familiar feeling climbed down Dante's spine. The Darkness was approaching. Dante immediately dropped his slice of pizza and walked to the window. Lighting flashed before him lighting up the outside giving an eerie glow around him.

He knew what was coming and he knew it wouldn't be pleasant. Dante remembers the last time The Darkness fell on the Human World. The chaos it caused and the lives it consumed. He walked over to the corner where the case containing the Rebellion stood. He opened it and lifted the sword by it's handle and placed it behind him. Dante then took Ebony and Ivory and spun them around his fingers for a second before placing them in their holsters.

Just as if fate came knocking, Lady and Trish came bursting through the door. "Dante, demons are crowding the streets and killing everyone in sight", Lady said in fear, "there's too many of them for just us two and we need help bad." Dante stood there, as if ignoring the situation completely. "Dante this is ser-", Trish was then interrupted by him, "It's been a while since it came", he said eerily. Trish and Lady exchanged glances. They knew something was wrong, seriously wrong, for Dante not to be his wise ass self. Dante continued, "Every thousand years, The Darkness descends upon the Human World. Killing as many as it can before it disappears. We must hurry, business calls".

beyondcrimson

may contain nuts
Nice and atmospheric, I like the reaction of Lady and Trish when they meet Dante and he's being all serious and dark.
Cant wait to see what happens with this.

Dragon King

King Of Dragons
Thanks. I'll be continuing when i get a chance. Been busy. I hope with capcom's approval and enough support, I can publish it when it's done.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I recon you'd be able to get away with getting it published. I almost felt like I was reading the DMC novel again. Good luck to ya! :)

Dragon King

King Of Dragons
Continuing (I apologize ahead of time in case this isn't as good as the intro):

Dante turned to pass Lady and Trish when they suddenly stopped him. "Why are you stopping me?", he growled, "you said demons have flooded the streets!" Angrily he brushed them off and continued to the door when Trish asked, "What's The Darkness?". Dante stopped in his tracks and turned around and stared into Trish's eyes with a cold hard glance she had never seen before. "All will be explained soon", he said. He spun around sharply as his cape raised into the air and he then kicked the door open with enough force to take the door frame off the wall. Trish and Lady looked nervously at each other. Now was not the time to ask questions. For the first time, they feared for their own lives around Dante.

As they passed what was left of the door, they all saw the damage those demons had already caused. Bodies laid in mangled heaps, soaked in their own blood and the blood of many others. The demons appeared to have left when suddenly, a young woman, drenched in blood, limped towards them screaming for help as a demon came down from the sky and split her in right down the middle. Before her body even hit the ground, it continued slashing cutting her up even more. Blood spewed and flew everywhere. Dante himself even flinched at what the demon was doing. At once all three of them sprang into action. Dante drew his sword as Lady took out Kalina Ann and Trish, Sparda. Immediately they ran towards this demon, who had yet to notice them.

This is all I got for now. Tell me what you think.

beyondcrimson

may contain nuts
OOooh, fighting!

And Dante being all serious. Things can't be good :D
I'm wondering what the Darkness is (hope it's not that crap band)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wow, that was gory. I like that you keep the story moving forward instead of idling the characters in the office. Very good, I liked it :)

Dragon King

King Of Dragons
I thought this was forgotten.

At first the trio thought they had the advantage, but the demon was not alone. As soon as they were in striking distance, several more demons had appeared out from the shadows. The trio had to stop and quickly come up with a strategy. They looked at each other and nodded. Lady fired at the furthest of the demons. At the same moment Trish and Dante started slicing and dicing in typical fashion. Only, Dante had a new trick up his sleeve. While just slashing away, he had drawn Ivory and started firing madly at the same time of cutting away at his enemies. Within moments the demons had been destroyed. Only a trained eye would be able to keep up with what happened. Unknowingly a demon had remained in the shadows. It sat in wait and listened.

"Dante", Trish started asking, "what is this Darkness we should be worrying about?" Dante had turned and glared into her eyes again. "Every thousand years, a rip occurs between the Human and Demon Realms, allowing the demons to come to our world relentlessly and without a weapon like the Yamato to open it for them". "Then two-thousand years ago," Lady was saying before Dante answered as he knew what she was about to ask, "My father, Sparda, came through the same rip that is occurring now", Dante continued, "Let's not waste anymore time, we need to figure out where this has started". At that moment, a gunshot was heard nearby. The demon hiding in the shadows, dropped where it sat. The trio quickly turned to see who it was that killed it. A grey-haired man stepped out from the shadows, "Am I late?", he asked. "No Nero", Lady replied, "You're right on time".

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Wow, this is great so far! :cool: I want to read more because the actions are well paced so far :)

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Hey I'm a bit late reading this, I'm pleased I've gotten around to doing so as it is very well written. I'm enjoying it so far. Keep it up ^_^

Dragon King

King Of Dragons
Dante looked upon Nero, who was covered in Demon blood. "Nero, do you know where this has started," he asked. Nero had walked over to them and looked upon the trio, his Devil Bringer glowing in the night. "You're not going to believe this," he said, "it could be coming from Fortuna Castle". "You've got to be joking", exclaimed Trish, "How is that possible? Dante destroyed that Hell Gate". "Whether it's possible or not, that's our new destination" snapped Dante, "let's go now!"

And so they started off, Nero said he'd catch up in a bit, there was something he had to take care of first. As soon as the trio had disappeared, Nero heard a voice in his head, "Are they aware?", it asked. "Not yet", he replied, "They are heading to Fortuna Castle now. Shall I follow?". "Yes" the voice responded. And so Nero caught with them saying it could wait. Meanwhile at Fortuna Castle, a shadow stood in front of tank laughing. Inside was another Nero, knocked out cold.

Top Bottom