• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry - Chronicles of a Young Knight

Is this worth continuing?

• Yes

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
@Chloe: I was just going for detail. If you got Matrix style visuals, then there's nothing wrong with that XD

@Nini: My DMC stories often start on a comical note, whether there be something serious under it all or not. I can assure you, it will get more serious down the road ^^

As for anime Dante...*gasp!* why u no liek?!?!?!?! It's alright.

You don't really have to worry about Dante that much. While he's going to be in the story a good bit, this one stars Nero as the main guy ^.^

And you said you liked teh Nero parts, so yayz :]

@LoD: Thanks a lot, man! Seriously ^^
Thanks for helping me out with fixing the mistakes. I really appreciate it :3

nini dot exe

8D Good to know! Woooo~
Meh. I don't really know. I just think Dante acts a lot smoother in some of the games -- mainly 1 and 4. 3 was sorta...awkward. XD But I think that was the point for how young he was there.

There's nothing necessarily WRONG with anime Dante, he's just not how I knew him first. Y'know? :3~

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
-A few hours later-

"So Dante, tell me why you called." Trish said, stepping through the front doors of Dante's shop.

Dante looked up from his desk, his hair ruffled from the few minutes of attempted napping he'd just taken. Stretching his arm out in the direction of the sofa, Dante lifted a finger to point at the sleeping Patty.

Trish raised a brow, "You want me to watch her?"

"Hah..." Dante yawned, "I wanted you to watch her, but it's kinda late for you to babysit...I already finished up what had to be done."

Trish frowned, "You'd rather have me playing the part of mom than have me come with you? That's downright degrading."

Dante chuckled, "Sorry. Can I make it up to you with a slice of-"

"Don't even say pizza. We both know I'm dieting right now." Trish cut in.

"Dieting, pfft. Like you need to. There's no meat to ya. You could stand to gain some poundage." Dante smirked.

"Of course you'd say that. Oh, that little bit of Dante-charm never fails to make an appearance. Now get up you oaf."

"Get up? I was just getting to the best part of my nap. The nap itself." Dante sighed.

(Going to continue this piece later. I haven't checked for errors yet. Please be patient. Thank you :))

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The best part of his nap, being the nap itself :lol: That part made me laugh. Nice update :)

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Trish scoffed, "I don't care if you were in the middle of the greatest snooze ever, you need to get up."

Dante looked at Patty, and then longingly back at his desk, huffing, "Fine. What do you want, anyway?"

"Well, someone caught wiff of a big mess, and news traveled. You know how it goes. The top clients are offering us a bucket load of money to go check out some place called The Woods of Temptation. They say that there's been some recent demon cult activity." Trish waved her brows up and down.

"Sounds fun. One problem though." Dante pointed back at Patty, "I'm stuck with that little ball of hate."

Trish grinned, "I've got an idea."

-----

"This was the mission?!?!" Lady stomped her foot into the ground, uprooting one of the baseboards making up the floor. Dante cringed.

"Well...yeah. I told you that it was of the utmost importance." Trish giggled.

"Watching Patty isn't exactly what I consider extremely important!" Lady snarled, looking over at Dante, "And you had something to do with this!"

Dante raised his hands in innocence, "Whoa, whoa, whoa...this was all her idea. I'm just a guy."

"You're a jerk for agreeing to let her drag me all of the way down here so I can watch a girl who is PLENTY capable of being good on her own." Lady pointed at Dante angrily.

"Being good on her own?" Dante asked, "There's no such thing when it comes to women."

Trish pushed Dante away, while Lady's face turned beat red, "Ooooooooooooohohohoh, you are LUCKY I like her, Dante. I'll stay."

Dante scratched his chin, watching Lady plop down in his desk chair, and then looked over to Trish, "Well, let me grab my stuff, and we'll go."

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I look forward to the next part. Dante taking his usual 'Laid back, playing it like a cool cat' style :cool:

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chapter 2

Though they were walking farther and farther into the maw of the chilly cave, Nero noticed that it was actually beginning to get ever so slightly brighter. A few more minutes of following the girl and they were finally united with the group of people that Nero was promised to meet. It was only two people. One, a frail and old looking man with a very long and droopy mustache, and the other a young and fit looking boy, no older that twenty, Nero estimated. The young girl, met with the joyful eyes of the two men, almost jumped into their arms, trading words of love. Nero stood at the entrance of the cavern, glancing back and forth between the commotion and the small fire that the men had lit in the centre of the room.

Loki groaned, "Oh, don't you just hate happy endings?"

"No...but hey, I got one." Nero replied. "Don't you just hate annoying assholes?"

"Look who's talking."

"Yeah yeah." Nero was suddenly grabbed by the wrist and pulled in front of the old man by the girl.

Looking Nero over very enthusiastically, the old man placed a stiff hand on Nero's shoulder,
You've done me a great favor rescuing Matilde. I can't thank you enough, young man."

Nero raised a brow, "Matilde, huh? I didn't expect that name. But hey, you can do something for me as a return favor. It's the whole reason I'm here with her in the first place."

"Yes? What is it?"

Nero shoved his demonic arm out for everyone to see. It seemed to flicker and glow in resonance with the flame. Nero's eyes met with the man's, "I need help...I don't know how I need it, or what exactly I should ask. But I need it. Do you think you know what to do?"

Holding Nero's forearm up with both hands, the man began to cautiously examine it, "I am knowledgeable in many things, but this...I've never seen anything quite like it. You're the first to grace me with any sight such as this."

Nero frowned, his chest seeming to fall into his stomach, "So, you don't know, then?"

The man shook his head, "I'm sorry, friend. I assume Matilde brought you to me for this reason, and I know it must be disappointing to have no answers."

Nero nodded and turned to leave, listening to Loki pipe up again, "So that's it, eh? You're just going to leave them here?"

"They don't know anything. And they'll be fine without me now." Nero replied silently, walking back into the throat of the cave.

"Wait!" Matilde yelled out at Nero.

He hesitated, then turned, "Yeah? What is it?"

"I'll come with you...I know one more place you could try." She had an honest look on her face. Something Nero seldom came by these days.

"Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt. I don't want to leave empty-handed. Where do we need to go?" He asked.

"My father and brother are going to head to one of the neighboring towns a few miles away. We'll travel with them and then continue on into the mountains to Mount Eden."

Nero squinted, "That's easily a two-hundred mile travel from here. Dunno about you, but I didn't bring any motor-transportation in my pockets."

"We'll make a way. But trust me on this. I owe it to you. You saved me." She nodded at Nero. He almost felt touched, but it was a bit too early to be getting emotional with this girl.

With a heavy sigh, Nero waved them on, "Let's get going then."

(yay, hopefully this will revive this story and my posting on the forum...let me know what you all think of this chapter's beginning....crit is appreciated)

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
-Meanwhile-

Dante trudged through the snow slowly, observing his surroundings closely. The trees all leered above him with a certain unwelcoming feeling, and the dark of the night only helped enforce their certain eerie aura. The smell of blood and gun residue was becoming an apparent scent. Dante halted and focused more on the direction of the smell as Trish appeared behind him and gave a soft strike on the shoulder, "Can you smell it?"

"Yeah. There's a certain smell that's unique to the kid. I smell it in the shots that he fired off. We're a couple of hours behind him. I wonder who tipped him off on this place."

"Who knows? I'm just disappointed that we missed all of the action."

"Yeah. I suppose we'd best get going. We can catch up to him if we don't take any breaks." Dante motioned somewhere to the left of them.

"Is that the way he went?" Trish asked, staring at Dante's finger.

"Yep. Like I said, he's only a couple of hours ahead of us." Dante lowered his arm and began walking. Trish followed eagerly.

As they traveled, the trees seemed to get thinner, and the moon lit up the way a bit more. Dante noticed tracks in the ground, "Guess we're lucky that it hasn't been snowing so hard. We don't even have to work to catch him now. We can just follow his steps."

Trish raised a brow, "It's been a while since you two last saw eachother. I'm guessing you're a bit excited to see him?"

"Excited? Hardly. But it will be interesting to see him after all this time has passed. Maybe I won't be able to call him kid anymore. And hopefully he's been taking care of Yamato too. If he hasn't, I've just got a reason to rough him up a bit."

"Rough him up? Shouldn't you want to do more to him than that if your brother's sword is messed up?"

"Nah." Dante said, still looking at the tracks and for the first time noticing that there were two sets.

-----

Nero and Matilde had been pressing on through the woods with her family for some time now. They had all taken the lead, still expressing words of gladness about how Matilde was still alive and that the incident with the mass of possessed villagers was over. Nero remained a few paces behind them, thinking to himself about Kyrie. It was the first thought he'd had of her since before he'd arrived at the scene and rescued Matilde. He missed her. They hadn't seen eachother in a couple of weeks because of Nero's quest. He plunged a hand into his pocket and flipped out his cell-phone. "No reception...feh." He muttered under his breath. Since he'd gotten into the woods, he hadn't even been able to land a call with her. It was wearing on him.

"Hey boy, who's this pretty girl on your mind all of the sudden?"

Nero, though he despised Loki only after a couple of hours, took a certain pride in telling the spirit that Kyrie was the woman he loved. Loki scoffed, "That's the best you can do?"

"Hey, what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Huh? Oh nothing." Loki chuckled and retreated back into the recesses of Nero's mind.

Nero frowned, shaking his head while he continued to follow the others. Then the scent hit him. A demon? But it was familiar. "Dante?"

"You're kidding..."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Nero remained still for a long moment, continuing to sniff, although further ventures into investigating the scent revealed to Nero that it, in fact, was not Dante's scent. Something else lurked in the trees, tailing them ever so closely. Nero felt Devil Bringer's warm sensation ten fold now. There was definitely something demonic around. Reaching around to pull out Blue Rose, Nero called out to Matilde, "Hey...wait there. Something's wrong."

The old man was the first to stop, his face seeming to instantly contort into sorrow and regret. Matilde looked to him, "What's wrong?"

"Dear girl...I'm afraid...I lied to you in the cave..."

"Lied to me? About what?" She looked shocked.

"Your other brother...and the both of us."

Nero turned to face the group, "What are you talkin' about. Get to the point."

He looked to Nero, and then back to Matilde, "Your brother didn't leave us to find help. Jacob ventured after you when you left. But he too was caught by the villagers."

"What? Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I didn't want to ruin your happiness when you returned to us."

She gritted her teeth, "And what of you? Why have you lied about yourselves?"

"Because we were caught as well." With that, the old man harshly lifted her up by her throat, beginning to change and split open like the first demon Nero had fought this night. The smallish tentacles began to show out of the splits in his skin, and his began to tear itself apart to make way for the parasite.

Nero halted the change all together, allowing his demonic power to super charge his gun as he fired it. The bullets spun through the air until impact, which was marked by the vile explosion of a chunk of the man's head. He was not put down, however, and now the younger man began to undergo the same transformation.

"Damn..." Nero said, picking up pace as he began to move toward them.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Holy Boobies from Hell. It's been over a year since I updated this fic. I need to...work O_O!

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Rounds quickly burst from the barrel of Nero's gun, impacting all across the two demons. A few more shots and the old man was finally put down. Matilde fell to the ground, clutching her throat and taking a few large gasps for air. Nero's next few shots missed the younger demon, as the host body was much stronger and more agile. It tackled him and ferociously began pounding at his face and chest as a large, toothy maw seemingly formed out of nothingness and attempted to engulf him. One final shot from his revolver put a quick end to this attempt at making him a late night snack though. The demon flew back and landed in the snow a few feet away, twitching. Before Nero could stand up, the creature jumped up off of the ground and into a tree, dashing away amongst the frozen limbs and branches of the forest.

Nero scowled, "I was just gettin' started. Hey, are you okay?"

Matilde raised her head to face a concerned Nero, and nodded, "I'll be fine...I just don't know if I can take this anymore. Everyone I loved is dead."

"Aw, such a pretty girl crying. And over what? A few fried demons? What a waste of tears, hehe." Loki rang out in his normal tone of voice. Nero sighed and held out his hand for her to take.

The next few hours were full of nothing but silence and travel, with Nero on the lookout for any ambushes from a wounded, but angry demon, and Matilde slowly falling behind from physical and emotional fatigue. And then she finally collapsed. The event helped Nero finally realize that his ankles were slightly sore. He quickly jogged over to her and wrapped his jacket around her like a blanket, leaning against a tree and letting her use him as a pillow. 'This couldn't be a much worse place to get some beauty sleep.' He thought.

"I agree. The snow doesn't bode well for a comfy night's rest, eh boy?"

"Can it."

"I don't think I will. You see, this is the first REAL opportunity we've had to just relax and talk."

"Oh, Hell." He muttered to himself.

"What a joyous conversation starter. And speaking of hell, how about we go into detail about your acquaintances with its populace. It recently came to my attention that you know a Dante. He wouldn't happen to be THE Dante, would he?"

"What's it matter to you?"

"Tsk, I may not be a full fledged demon, but I know some who are. They don't take kindly to those who are related to the Son of Sparda. Even by simple association."

"Oh yeah? Like who? Because I've fought my fair share of rejects."

"These parts are coated in Demon activity. The path to the nearest town passes through a small canyon, incidentally guarded by two friends of mine. This region lies right on the edge of a border between the next. And the border is represented by a massive wall placed right between the two sets of mountains around it. The town that this young girl wants to take you to is just beyond the wall."

"And why do you think she failed to mention that to me before? That's kind of like...need to know information." Nero frowned and slowly pulled his phone out of his jacket's pocket, trying not to wake the girl. Flipping it open, he proceeded to shuffle through various items until he finally got to Tetris.

"Perhaps it's because she and the rest of her people have never had any problems passing through the border. The civilizations that erected the wall are long gone. But being the unlucky boy you are, you had to go off and run into Dante. The keepers of that place won't be happy."

"So you're telling me that because I've met Dante, I'm going to get attacked by more demons. What kept them from attacking everyone else?" Nero had easily made six lines already, and was working on getting three more in one shot.

"Too insignificant to awaken from two-thousand years of slumber just to kill a few humans, don't you think?"

"Maybe-EE! Yes, level two." Nero's thumbs swiftly tapped the keys of his phone.

"Are you really playing games right now? I'm warning you about serious threats to your safety, and you're pla-"

"Yeah, I don't trust anything you say. Maybe there are demons waiting for us at this wall. But why'd you warn me? See, you're a d*ck. D*cks don't do nice things. That could only mean one thing..."

"What's that?"

"That you've got a d*ck in your mouth too, and I can't properly understand what you're saying."

-----

Dante and Trish had continued following the footsteps, which had eventually led them into a small cave. A burnt out fire lay smoking in one of the larger areas of the cave, and Dante knelt down to investigate. The ashes was still warm. "We're definitely getting closer."

Trish yawned, "This has actually been a very boring job."

"Well, that's what happens when you sign up with the top dogs. They normally offer Lean Cuisines. Not TV Dinners. So you don't get any flavor."

"Only you could compare demon hunting to TV Dinners. I'm surprised it wasn't a pizza analogy for once." Trish giggled.

"I like to mix things up every now and then."

"Yeah, more like once a year." Trish shook her head. At that moment, they both heard a series of gunshots in the distance.

"That's gotta be the kid. C'mon, let's go!" Both Dante and Trish ran out into the forest toward the sound of the gun.

-----

Nero had managed to reach level ten in Tetris before he lost. At this, his fun abruptly died out and he put his phone back into the jacket. But upon smelling a new scent, he instantly whipped out Blue Rose once again. It seemed familiar. Maybe the demon he had capped earlier was coming back for round two, he thought.

"Kid!" Dante shouted from a few trees away. The sudden shout startled Nero, and Matilde shifted uncomfortably on top of him.

"So you are here. I need to get my sense of smell fixed. Or maybe you just stink." Nero smirked, pleasantly surprised at the seemingly random arrival of his friend.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought it was great.

I dont like Anime Dante and Patty but i think you did a good job with them.

Top Bottom